We stayed for a week at the Hampton Inn Tampa-North. We booked a suite with a king size bed. We were very happy with the suite and the hotel. It is located about 18 miles from the airport and is situated close to most attractions. We we greater by the front desk clerk and offered complimentary cookies and chocolates. We arrived early but our suite was ready and we were permitted to check in. The suite has a very nice living room area with a flat screen TV, pull-out sofa bed, and chair. The kitchen has a full size refrigerator, 2-burner stove, microwave, dishwasher and is equipped with pots, pans, and utensils.
The bed was very comfortable as were the 4 pillows. The bathroom is very spacious and our towels were replaced daily. Housekeeping was second to none here!
They offer a daily breakfast that usually consists of scrambled eggs and a meat (sausage, bacon), cold cereals, fresh fruit, make-your-own waffles (with toppings), bagels, pastries, muffins, yogurt, hot oatmeal. Pam Calhoun (guest services ambassador), greater us each morning with a friendly smile and a warm welcome. She kept everything fully stocked and spotless. She made our stay that much more enjoyable!
Though not advertised, there was a managers reception during the week from 5:30-7:00 PM. They told us it would consist primarily of appetizers but you could easily make a meal of what is offered. In addition to the hot food offerings, they also provided 3 types of wine and beer.
One last thing, they have a coffee bar in the front lobby that has coffee and tea 24 hours. It was great to come back from a day of sightseeing and be able to re-energize with a cup of hot joe!
Overall, I would rate this hotel 8.5/10. I would definitely stay here again if I returned and would absolutely recommend it to anyone else. Unless you are expecting 5 star service and amenities, you will not be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Get in touch with nature and get to know the rich cultural heritage of Tampa, the heart and pulse of the Tampa Bay area including St. Petersburg and Clearwater. The Hampton Inn & Suites® hotel in Tampa-North offers a free local shuttle service to area attractions and corporate businesses in and around the area. Our award-winning hotel provides excellent service and accommodations; we are located just off I-75 in a quiet, natural preserve business district called Hidden River Corporate Park.Step out your door and prepare for adventure, because our hotel in Tampa is only about a mile from the Wilderness Park reserve, and less than five minutes from Busch Gardens and Adventure Island. Find more family activities in the nearby Channelside District, an entertainment-dining multiplex just east of downtown that is home to the Florida Aquarium, a glass-domed marine wonderland. Our hotel in Tampa also makes it easy to delve into history at Tampa Bay History Center; get a taste of the local Cuban culture in Ybor City; and enjoy the nightlife in the SoHo district. Stop by the front desk, and our Tampa hotel team will offer insightful tips on the area's attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa - North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Tampa - North
- Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa - North Hotel Tampa
- Hampton Inn Hotel Tampa
- Hampton Inn Tampa
- Tampa Hampton Inn
- Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa - North Florida