“Great Stay,,”

Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa - North
Ranked #4 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We stayed for a week at the Hampton Inn Tampa-North. We booked a suite with a king size bed. We were very happy with the suite and the hotel. It is located about 18 miles from the airport and is situated close to most attractions. We we greater by the front desk clerk and offered complimentary cookies and chocolates. We arrived early but our suite was ready and we were permitted to check in. The suite has a very nice living room area with a flat screen TV, pull-out sofa bed, and chair. The kitchen has a full size refrigerator, 2-burner stove, microwave, dishwasher and is equipped with pots, pans, and utensils.
The bed was very comfortable as were the 4 pillows. The bathroom is very spacious and our towels were replaced daily. Housekeeping was second to none here!
They offer a daily breakfast that usually consists of scrambled eggs and a meat (sausage, bacon), cold cereals, fresh fruit, make-your-own waffles (with toppings), bagels, pastries, muffins, yogurt, hot oatmeal. Pam Calhoun (guest services ambassador), greater us each morning with a friendly smile and a warm welcome. She kept everything fully stocked and spotless. She made our stay that much more enjoyable!
Though not advertised, there was a managers reception during the week from 5:30-7:00 PM. They told us it would consist primarily of appetizers but you could easily make a meal of what is offered. In addition to the hot food offerings, they also provided 3 types of wine and beer.
One last thing, they have a coffee bar in the front lobby that has coffee and tea 24 hours. It was great to come back from a day of sightseeing and be able to re-energize with a cup of hot joe!
Overall, I would rate this hotel 8.5/10. I would definitely stay here again if I returned and would absolutely recommend it to anyone else. Unless you are expecting 5 star service and amenities, you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Book a suite and keep snacks and drinks in your full size refrigerator.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Heather F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa - North, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to do a review of your recent stay here at our hotel. Our entire team takes great pride in the service and accommodations that we provide and I'm thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us!

We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Tampa!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,377)

Reviewed 13 June 2014

My family of 4 (13 & 5 year old sons) stayed in a double bed room for 2-nights out of our 9-day Orlando trip since Busch Gardens and Adventure Island was on our itinerary. I decided on this hotel based off of the reviews, free breakfast and free shuttle to the parks. The room was a classic Hampton style room; it was clean and cozy which was all we needed since my family was gone all day. The breakfast again classic Hampton: waffles, eggs, sausage, bacon, fruit, cereal, etc. Nothing to boast about but good enough to get us through the first meal without paying. Check in was pretty easy; I booked through my company website and good a pretty good deal. Front desk was courteous and answered all of my questions. Regarding the shuttle, you have to schedule your pick up and drop off which is on a first come first serve basis since there is limited seats on the van. With that being said, we did get the times we wanted so no issues there. It was about a 10-15 min drive to the park and both times it was only my family on the shuttle so no complaints. All in all it was a good stay and if we decided to return to Tampa for the purpose of attending the theme parks, we’ll stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We have stayed at a lot of Hampton Inn and Suites in several different states. It is a chain we seek out when we travel. This one in north Tampa is one of the best ones that we have ever come across. The am host Pam can make any day just wonderful with her genuine smile and overall attitude. She has gone out of her way on more than one occasion to accommodate our needs. It is this can do positive attitude that sets her and this Tampa staff apart from any Hilton property that we have frequented. When we visit Tampa again we will stay here.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Tanya D
Heather F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa - North, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We're thrilled to hear you that you think we're one of the best Hampton Inn's out there! We appreciate your feedback on our breakfast hostess, Pam....her smile is definitely contagious!!!

We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Tampa! Thank you for choosing our Hampton as your home in Tampa.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Newly renovated Hampton in a good area. Check in was a breeze with friendly, helpful staff. My room was a double bed suite with full kitchen and separate living space. A light dinner is served nightly and was good. Breakfast is good as well. This Hampton has a Homewood a Suites feel to it with the lodge setting in the lobby, the suite rooms, and the evening reception. Room was clean and the bed was good. I would stay here again and recommend to others.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for choosing our Hampton! We try out best to make our hotel your home away from home. Our kitchen team enjoys making dinner for our guests and we're glad you enjoyed the meals we provide.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Clean, friendly, quit, affordable. Close to hospitals, and Highway. Decent price for the room . I have recommended it and would go back if back in the area. My pillow was a little soft for me, but where all a little different, my mother said she loved her pillow. i am one of those view who really likes a firm pillow.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Thank Peter Jose Edua... H
Reviewed 8 June 2014

This hotel has been newly renovated so it is in excellent shape and there were no problems, visually or functionally. During the week they serve a complimentary dinner of salad, rolls, and entree, a carb and a veg. There may have been dessert too, but I am not sure. The night I was there they had mashed potatoes, green beans and a meatloaf. I got take out, but a great many folks were enjoying the dinner and it made it seem "homey" and the hotel smelled great. Everything in the hotel room was clean. I very much appreciated the microwave and fridge, and used both. I did try to use the fitness room, but they only had 1 treadmill and 1 elliptical, both of which were being used for an extended period of time. I could have walked outside, but it was hot and humid out. too much to exercise outside in my opinion. I would stay here again no problem. One other note, is at 7:00am when I was checking out in the morning there was no one at the front desk to check me out. I waited 5 minutes and kept calling, excuse me, good morning. I had to eventually go back behind the office area to find a woman named Mary who was busy having a personal conversation, rather than attending to the front desk. I don't mind down time, but do it at the desk so guests like myself can check out and go on our way. I would have given service a 5th star, but for this minor glitch.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Michelle B
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I booked a vacation through Busch Gardens for my family. In choosing our vacation package, I did take into consideration the rating of the hotel included. I have booked packages through Walt Disney World before and based on their hotel rating system, I had an idea what to expect as far as accommodations.
Much to our relief, the hotel exceeded our expectations. From the moment we walked in, we were treated by a friendly staff and a very nice lobby. Our room was very, very clean and unlike many hotels where we have stayed it had a truly clean, fresh smell. The decor looked new and up to date and even the bathroom was up to date in its decor.
The staff was very friendly....all of them from the maintenance men, the maids, the ladies who prepared the delicious complimentary breakfast and dinner (served with complimentary beer and wine for the adults), the front desk clerks and management.
The hotel was convenient to all of the attractions we visited as well as a nice shopping mall and restaurants.
When we return to Tampa we will certainly return to this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Heather F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa - North, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I'm thrilled to hear you had a great stay at our hotel while visiting Busch Gardens! We look forward to your next trip to Busch Gardens and Tampa!