“great service”

Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa - North
Ranked #3 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 18 June 2014

The staff was great...the food was good. Pam Calhoun, one of the servers for breakfast, constantly checked on me to make sure that I had everything that I needed. I also watched her interact with the other guests giving them the same treatment. She brought out a box full of prizes for the children and watched in delight as they picked something to take home with them. I felt right at home. For the value of the room along with both breakfast & dinner you can't beat it. I will definitely stay again when I'm in the area

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,378)

Reviewed 17 June 2014

My family and I found ourselves returning to the Tampa area to mix a little business (training) and family vacation time. We stayed a week at Hampton Inn & SuitesTampa-North. This is the second time we stayed at this hotel. We had such an enjoyable time and new it to be a beautiful, clean place that I never hesitated to book again for this trip. You always worry, since it had been six years ago, if you will have the same experience or not. I am very glad to report that our stay,was again, an awesome experience. From the very begining, arriving a little early, a suite was available allowing us to spend the evening pool side. The landscaping around pool and entire facility was blooming and appeared to be beautifully managed. We loved the coffee, tea and hot chocolate bar that was always available (something little-but made it so nice). Every afternoon you found fresh lemonade and Mon-Thurs the manager's reception was truly awesome. Myself and my four family members made a meal of the appetizers all nights except one. We hated that we missed the lasagna!! Our suite was very nice. Full size fridge and the hotel provided many items (papertowels, dishwashing and diswahser soap, etc.) that made stay hassel free. Stove with pots and pans was a big bonus. We were very happy with room overall. I will add that we experienced minor issue with our bathroom during stay and front desk and maintanence dept was prompt and very diligent to remedy issue. Daily cleaning service was awesome as well! Very flexible and very pleasant to work with. One of our favorite things during the week long stay was being able to see Pam Calhoun, Guest Service Ambassador, during the complimentary daily breakfast. The breakfast offered many, great choices. Pam and fellow employees were so attentive at all times making sure you had everything you needed. Her warm smile and genuine conversation just got your day started off right!! Really enjoyed close proximity to many attractions. To name a few, we enjoyed Busch Gardens, Adventure Island and nearby Lettuce Lake Park. One more thing, the hotel and staff had many regulars and I saw one gentleman leave facility explaining that this would be his last occasion to be in area and for what it is worth he seemed visibly sad that he was saying goodbye to staff and I watched the staff share in his emotion, hugging as they said their goodbyes. You just do not find that personal touch too many places these days. Very nice thing to see! I would recommend staying here to anyone!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Heather F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa - North, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Thank you for being our guest and doing a review of your recent stay at our hotel! We're thrilled that you had the same great experience that you had six years ago. Our entire team strives to give our guest the ultimate experience and I am happy that was the case with your recent trip.

We know you have a choice in hotels and we're privileged that you chose us! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

My family of 5 were here for 3 nights while visiting USF for my Daughters orientation. I upgraded to a suite with Hhonors points and it was great. We were given complimentary chocolates at check in. The room was clean and cold when we walked in the first evening. Breakfast is never a disappointment at Hampton Inn. There was something new I hadn't seen before for the waffles, there were toppings. I didn't eat any waffles but my daughter said they were great with he toppings. The first time my Wife and I were here we visited Busch Gardens (which is not far away), I definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to do a review of our hotel! At our hotel, we try to go above and beyond for our guests and I'm thrilled that you enjoyed our new addition to our breakfast menu! Many of our guests seem to really enjoy creating exciting waffles with our new toppings.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Took a much needed vacation with my daughter, just the two of us. Hampton Inn and Suites was perfect for us. Close to Busch Gardens and the Florida Aquarium. Not many local restaurants to choose from, but mostly chains. Also, if you are looking for shopping, unless you want Target, WalMart, Kmart, TJ Maxx, Ross....etc, you won't find it here. There is a mall about 30 minutes away, but I wouldn't recommend it. There is an outlet mall about an hour or so away, if you don't mind the extra travel. On a positive note, this hotel is in a perfect location. Close to the interstate but not difficult to get in and out of. I would recommend it and would stay here again, if in the area.

Room Tip: Rooms away from elevators and stair ways are probably the quietest, as in any hotel. We had a nice v...
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Stayed for two nights in June 2014 while attending son's orientation at USF. There was a hair of questionable origin in our tub upon check-in, but I removed it myself with a tissue. Other than that, the room was very clean. Also, we like our room to be pretty cold at night while sleeping, and we weren't able to get the room to the proper temperature for our liking. Did not report after the 1st night since we thought it may have been our fault. We set it colder the 2nd night, but still didn't cool enough. Never reported to staff. Beds were very comfortable. Pam in the dining room is fantastic! She was always smiling and had a pleasant greeting for everyone. She was always concerned with everyone's satisfaction. We will stay there again, but emphasize to the front desk our need for a cold room.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Ana P
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We stayed for a week at the Hampton Inn Tampa-North. We booked a suite with a king size bed. We were very happy with the suite and the hotel. It is located about 18 miles from the airport and is situated close to most attractions. We we greater by the front desk clerk and offered complimentary cookies and chocolates. We arrived early but our suite was ready and we were permitted to check in. The suite has a very nice living room area with a flat screen TV, pull-out sofa bed, and chair. The kitchen has a full size refrigerator, 2-burner stove, microwave, dishwasher and is equipped with pots, pans, and utensils.
The bed was very comfortable as were the 4 pillows. The bathroom is very spacious and our towels were replaced daily. Housekeeping was second to none here!
They offer a daily breakfast that usually consists of scrambled eggs and a meat (sausage, bacon), cold cereals, fresh fruit, make-your-own waffles (with toppings), bagels, pastries, muffins, yogurt, hot oatmeal. Pam Calhoun (guest services ambassador), greater us each morning with a friendly smile and a warm welcome. She kept everything fully stocked and spotless. She made our stay that much more enjoyable!
Though not advertised, there was a managers reception during the week from 5:30-7:00 PM. They told us it would consist primarily of appetizers but you could easily make a meal of what is offered. In addition to the hot food offerings, they also provided 3 types of wine and beer.
One last thing, they have a coffee bar in the front lobby that has coffee and tea 24 hours. It was great to come back from a day of sightseeing and be able to re-energize with a cup of hot joe!
Overall, I would rate this hotel 8.5/10. I would definitely stay here again if I returned and would absolutely recommend it to anyone else. Unless you are expecting 5 star service and amenities, you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Book a suite and keep snacks and drinks in your full size refrigerator.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Heather F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa - North, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to do a review of your recent stay here at our hotel. Our entire team takes great pride in the service and accommodations that we provide and I'm thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us!

We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Tampa!

Reviewed 13 June 2014

My family of 4 (13 & 5 year old sons) stayed in a double bed room for 2-nights out of our 9-day Orlando trip since Busch Gardens and Adventure Island was on our itinerary. I decided on this hotel based off of the reviews, free breakfast and free shuttle to the parks. The room was a classic Hampton style room; it was clean and cozy which was all we needed since my family was gone all day. The breakfast again classic Hampton: waffles, eggs, sausage, bacon, fruit, cereal, etc. Nothing to boast about but good enough to get us through the first meal without paying. Check in was pretty easy; I booked through my company website and good a pretty good deal. Front desk was courteous and answered all of my questions. Regarding the shuttle, you have to schedule your pick up and drop off which is on a first come first serve basis since there is limited seats on the van. With that being said, we did get the times we wanted so no issues there. It was about a 10-15 min drive to the park and both times it was only my family on the shuttle so no complaints. All in all it was a good stay and if we decided to return to Tampa for the purpose of attending the theme parks, we’ll stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family