“Very disappointed and imbarrassed”

Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa - North
Ranked #3 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend and some friends planned a weekend getaway and seem that this hotel advertised two tickets to busch gardens if you stayed two nights there. We called back three times to see if it was legit and we got the same answer. So when we arrived at the hotel they failed to tell us you have to pay $170 a night and get the busch gardens package. Obvious their customer service dont know what they are doing because i had to show them on my phone what their hotel was advertising. Needless to say we wasnt happy campers and i had to break the news to my friends that made reservations there too for that same deal.

Stayed: August 2014
Heather F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa - North, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Thank you for taking time to do a review of your experience at our hotel. We do apologize for the miscommunication regarding the reservation made by the 800-Hampton reservations office. After you checked in and shared your disappointment with me, I did share your comments with their management team so they can follow up on your concern.

We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to the Tampa area.

Best Regards,
Heather

Write a ReviewReviews (1,422)

Reviewed 8 August 2014

My best friend, her sisters, her cousin, and myself were staying in this hotel because it was my best friend sister's 18th birthday. & we planned a surprise to go to Busch Gardens. Upon checking in, the staff was beyond niceevery day/night of our stay. The room was really spacious, comfy, and clean. The location was not far whatsoever from attractions, restuarants, and moreover Busch Gardens.The complimentary food was excellent. The neighborhood was friendly & quiet. I would definitely recommend this hotel for others to stay at, and for sure will stay here again. Thank you!

1  Thank Catiana B
Heather F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa - North, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Thank you! We are so happy you and your friends had a wonderful stay with us! We strive to make all our guest’s feel that this is their home away from home. We hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

This hotel provides an excellent location to hospitals, Interstate access and a serene setting. The hotel shuttle is very helpful. The staff are wel trained and always seeking to please their guests. I feel this hote offers all of the ammenities any guest might require for an enjoyable visit.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for sharing your experience at our hotel. We appreciate this feedback so we can continue to make all our guests feel as welcome. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Thank you for the overall experience, I've used Hampton in quite often, last time in Portland Maine and experience was same. Would definitely use again. Combination of price and service sold me! Thanks again,

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for recommending us! Customer loyalty is important to us and we endeavor to have all our guests give positive endorsements of our hotel! We hope that you will come back soon.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

From the hot breakfast to the amazing bussiness dinners mon-thurs, the staff has made our business trip a lot easier. The bed was so comfortable and decor fresh and inviting. The hotel was always packed but not with beach goers like other hotels closer to the beach. Definitely worth the extra couple minute drive. The quiet parks and roads around are great for biking and they even offer a shuttle to the airport and other local attractions. We can't wait to come back and see Ms. Pam, Ms. Leslie, and Ms. Heather. We have found our permanent Tampa home and friends!

Room Tip: All units are great. No balconies but comfortable nonetheless.
1  Thank Stephanie W

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for your feedback, our goal is to provide a warm, welcoming environment for all our guests!

We hope to see you again soon!!!

Reviewed 31 July 2014

I had stayed at Hampton Inn's before but never in a suite. I loved the extra room and full kitchen. My son was at a College ID Camp at USF and sometimes he finished after restaurants were closed so we were able to make a late meal if he wanted it. More likely to take advantage of the Suite option during future stays as a result of my good experience with this hotel and its staff. In addition, I originally booked a standard room and then changed to a suite only a couple of days before my trip. The hotel was able to move things around to accommodate my change request with the exveption of the first night. The transfer was smooth and all the staff was very helpful and considerate. Copy/Paste this group to other hotels!

Reviewed 29 July 2014

My family and I have stayed here before. We were very pleased. The staff treats you like they've known you forever. They really make you feel welcome. I don't know if allot of Hamptons do this, but every time we stay here we get a great dinner for free! Last time it was spaghetti, then it was tacos and this time it was kielbasa and salad. I have a family of five so dinners and breakfast can get expensive. I can go on and on about this place. There is no other hotel we will stay in when we go to Tampa.

Room Tip: We've stayed in both East and west wings. The only thing I would suggest is that you ask for a r...
1  Thank Scott B
Heather F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa - North, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Thank you! We are so happy you and your family had a wonderful stay with us! We strive to make all our guest’s feel that this is their home away from home. I'm so glad you enjoyed our reception!

We hope to see you back again soon.