“Lovely for a week's stay”

Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Memorial Hwy.
Ranked #110 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Lovely for a week's stay”
Reviewed 10 May 2013

We came in to Tampa for a week's vacation. Having a kitchen was a huge help, as I am gluten-intolerant and this way we could prepare some of our meals in a safe place. The front desk provided pans and utensils for us to use, even dish soap - although sadly, no scrubby sponge so we ended up leaving a pan with some scorch marks. There was a DVD player attached to the TV, so we were able to stay in and chill when we didn't feel like going out. Some might not like that the cleaning services are limited (once/week unless you pay a little extra), but we actually appreciated the privacy of not having someone come in every day. The front desk staff (especially Cesar) were responsive and extremely helpful. We were able to check in a few hours early, and check out as late as 2pm without extra charge. If you're looking for a home-away-from-home (versus a pampered stay), this is the place to go. We loved it.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank K M
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Memorial Hwy., responded to this review, 14 May 2013
It is so rewarding to read that we were able to provide you with a "home away from home" experience at our hotel. Thank you for your comments, especially those regarding the hotel and staff.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Florida
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I was attending an annual conference which was being held at a high-end hotel two miles away. This hotel was the perfect alternative and the room was $50 cheaper than the other hotel's special rate for conferees. It took me about 10 minutes to drive to the conference using Veteran's Highway, which is only a block away from this hotel. The staff at this hotel were great. I stayed here for the same conference last year and it has actually gotten better. This year instead of paying for the Internet, it was free. In the morning this hotel has muffins and coffee in the lobby. After the conference I had to do my regular work and my room had a nice work area and kitchen. The kitchen includes utensils, microwave and refrigerator with freezer. I have recommended this hotel to friends who will soon be flying into Tampa and usually stay near the airport the night after their flight gets in. I live about 90 miles from this location. There are all types of restaurants and shopping areas near this hotel, including downtown Tampa. I stayed in this hotel three nights and there is not room service or a restaurant. When I went into this room ALL the drawers and doors were open, I guess this is to let the incoming guests see that the room has been well cleaned before their arrival. For anyone with families, there is a pull-out couch and the regular queen-sized bed.

Room Tip: This is a three-story hotel, so I always ask for a room on the third floor away from the elevator. T...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank kaiserdr
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Memorial Hwy., responded to this review, 9 May 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm thrilled that you had a perfect stay that was even better than your last! With the addition of free wireless internet as well as the grab and go breakfast, we are really trying to meet all of our guests needs. It is so rewarding to know we were able to do so for you.

Marlborough
Reviewed 22 April 2013

(Carbon Copied from what I wrote to corporate)

Earlier this month, business travel took me to Tampa, Florida for a brief two day conference. In a down economy, I find myself utilizing more cost-conscious locations such as Extended Stay America, to fulfill my lodging needs. Your chain in general has exceeded every expectation, but this location, particularly so.
After picking up my rental car at Tampa International Airport, I proceeded towards this location for check in. During the course of this travel, I was notified that a friend of mine from the military, had succumbed to an overdose of painkillers and depression that he had been struggling with, ever since his return from Afghanistan. With a tear stained face, I proceeded to check in at this hotel- where your manager, Ayman Salem, picked up on the stress I was going through. Looking over his front desk receptionists shoulder, he merely said, "I don't think you have him in the right room, please put him in ___ or ___(forgot the room #'s)." When I arrived at the room, he had placed me in quite possibly the most modern, well furnished, and largest room available at his property- without me expecting or requesting it. This was followed up by a phone call from his staff to check in on me, to see if there was anything they could do to facilitate my stay.
The next day, I ran into him in the parking lot, and he expressed concern, GENUINE concern over my well being and ability to travel back home. Extended Stay America may be ranked by some standards as a two or three star economy hotel, but the service rendered at this Tampa Location was five star service from a five star type of guy.
I'm not sure if these are franchises, or Ayman works at the corporate level as a hotel manager; but you would do well to have each and every one of your up and coming franchise owners model off this young man. I am on the road close to 200 days a year, dealing with airlines, rental car companies, and hotel chains...so it is readily evident when someone is a standout.
I wish Extended Stay America continued success as a brand, and you will be receiving glowing reviews from me on my priceline, Tripadvisor, and Yelp! Accounts. As for Ayman, bless you for reminding me that we aren't all simply 'numbers' or 'guests'- you bring a value of humanity back to hospitality.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Skysoldier4life
Manager_11525, Owner at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Memorial Hwy., responded to this review, 29 April 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a glowing review about our hotel. I truly appreciate your positive and thoughtful comments regarding the hotel staff. As well, we are so glad that our Manager, Ayman, made your experience an unforgettable one!

Rocky River, Ohio
Reviewed 15 April 2013

I booked this hotel at the last minute based on travelocity ratings. What a disappointment!!! It was awful. When I came in to register at 1am after an all night flight, all I wanted to do is sleep. Even so, I could not bare to sleep in this hotel. All aspects of the place seemed dirty, from the stained carpetting to the grime on the floor boards. There was a smell in the hallway that was a cross between wet laundry and moth balls. I was afraid to put anything down on the floor. Despite being exhausted and learning that I would lose the money I had spent becuase "the hotel can not refund anything purchased through Travelocity" I decided to leave and search for a clean place to lay my head. I ended up paying for two hotels to get six hours of sleep in a clean setting. All and all, I was disappointed by the hotel and by the fact that I had used Travelocity to purchase it-apparantly giving up my chance to seek a refund for a hotel room that I could not use.

Room Tip: Don't book here, especially with Travelocity or some other site that will not allow you to get y...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Kathleen K
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Memorial Hwy., responded to this review, 29 April 2013
Kathleen - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so disappointed to read that the level of cleanliness did not meet our company standards and you smelled an odor in your room. Please accept my apologies for having to deal with these issues, especially after an all night flight. As this hotel's Manager, I will be looking into the comments you made, looking for ways to enhance our cleaning procedures.

Please contact me, at TAP@extendedstay.com if you would like to speak directly. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Merritt Island, Florida, USA
Reviewed 6 April 2013

Had a very pleasant stay. Staff was friendly. Room and bathroom clean.
Loved the fact that it had a full kitchen, although I did not use more than the fridge and microwave.
Stayed for 2 nights and got it at a great price.
Great location. Definitively a place to consider when staying in this area.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank MrByte_FL
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Memorial Hwy., responded to this review, 7 April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that you were pleased with our amenities. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Reviewed 5 April 2013

I stay with family the last week of march and from the minute I walked in the staff was amazing,Cesar at the front desk made my family and I feel like at home,the fact the this hotels have a complete full kitchen is a +,thank you Cesar and everyone in the hotel for making my family and I of our stay the best of all

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Mrosari
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Memorial Hwy., responded to this review, 5 April 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. It's great to hear that Cesar and the staff made you feel welcome. It’s also great you were able to enjoy the full kitchens. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 30 March 2013

just paying it forward by writing this review. i am glad i choose this hotel, after reading horror stories about other hotels. this was outside of my price range (i wanted to spend between $60-$80 a night) but it was worth it. this hotel was about 100 a night and it was worth every penny. my standard of a great hotel is clean, modern, safe, and quiet. this met all of those. nothing fancy. but it met all four of my requirements. ironically during my trip, i drove past a few of the hotels that were reviewed, omg i would have never stayed at any of those. this one was perfect. a stones throw from the airport. if i must say one thing that was bad, it was only the service people at the front desk, which i only interacted with twice to check in and check out. i thought they were rude.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank jaj3235
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Memorial Hwy., responded to this review, 31 March 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm thrilled that our hotel met your standards of clean, modern, safe, and quiet for a great hotel. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.