Sleep Inn Near Busch Gardens/usf
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsroom was cleanflorida hospitalbob evans restaurantbusch gardensbob evans right next doorfront deskwalls are thinfowler avenuesausage pattiesyogurtvery comfortable stayweek stayfirst floorfour nightsfree breakfastbreakfast was deliciousbathroom sink
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 March 2012

We decided to take an impromptu trip to Busch Gardens Tampa and found this hotel on the choice hotels website. It seemed pretty and the price was reasonable $89.99 per night. We arrived around 1:00 am to find out that the front desk computer system was down and they had to manually find us the two rooms we had booked online. After 30 minutes or so we got the first room, as we head up the stairs to the second floor the stair way and second floor hallways had a very strong WEED smell, it seems some of the other guest were partying it up for the entire hotel. Upon arriving at our room we found out that our $89.99 room was ubber small, the beds were dusty, and the desk was dusty it seems that this room had not been cleaned properly. Not only that, but when my husband lifted the toilet seat to use it, the bowl was dirty and covered in pee, yes; you read it right pee. It was disgusting to say the least. After I cleaned myself the toilet bowl, and change to go to bed, we thought the worst had passed. Boy was I wrong… around 5:00 am the hotel electricity went out. How can a Hotel in 2012 not have a generator is beyond me but we were sweating our little selves until 6:30 when the electricity finally came on. By 7 am I was defeated going back to bed was not going to happen so I got up, took a shower and head downstairs to check the breakfast and it was to my horror that I found kids running all over picking everything with their bare hands. It was the worst experience I have ever had with a hotel. My best advice, spend a few dollars more and stay at the Hard Rock Hotel!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 October 2011

I was unsure at first due to the reviews but glad i stop through. The hotel is very well kept and clean. The service there is outstanding nicole the manager was really helpful and polite. I must say i enjoy the showers beats the dingy old bathtubs. The room was very clean, i agree with the previous comment the tv's could use some updates however the breakfast was outstanding, always a favorite biscuits and gravy. For the price you just can't beat it. Next time i'm in this area i will stay here again and recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank aleandro m
Reviewed 20 October 2011

We stayed at the Sleep Inn on Morris Bridge Rd. inTampa. My first suggestion? Change the name to "Stay Awake"! There is absolutely nothing to see or do in this hotel, however, it seems all night long people were in and out of their rooms and the doors SLAMMED shut each and every time. The first night was miserable, we could not sleep. The room next to us had their TV blaring all night long.
We went to CVS and got earplugs. We also left the bathroom fan on all night to keep a monotone sound going to drown out noises. This really helped alot, but if my ear plug came out during the night I had to put it right back in.
There is one young gal who was at the desk each morning, she was friendly. The other staff, not so much. The room was clean, no problems there. The included breakfast was fine, perfect for us, because we are not big eaters.

I wish I could recommend this hotel, but the purpose of staying at a hotel is to sleep, and that was a really hard thing to do here. Not to mention, there was work being done quite early in the morning, very loud hammering and a circular saw were being used in the hallway right outside our room. No sleeping "in" here...

In addition, the hair dryer did not work, the TV was a very old style and the reception was terrible due to a broken cable on the back that had been spliced and rigged and was barely hanging on.

Room Tip: Next time we come to this area, we are going to try a room at the Wingate by Wyndham. That's the only tip I can give to choosing a better room.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank StormiesMama
Reviewed 8 June 2011

Cheap hotels are always a gamble so this one turned out to be a very pleasant surprise. The room was small and basic but very clean and well-maintained. I can't say I'd recommend it for someone spending a lot of time in the area (small and basic gets tiresome after a while) but for a couple of nights, this place can't be beat. The location directly off the highway couldn't be more convenient and being only ten minutes from Busch Gardens makes it an excellent alternative to the countless hotels that share space with pawn shops and thrift stores directly to the south of the park on Busch Boulevard. Definitely recommend.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Wildwoodian
Reviewed 2 June 2011

This hotel was really nice. I can't beleive the service i received from the staff. They were amazing. Front desk all the way down to housekeeping was great. They make you feel like family instead of a guest. The rooms here are well kept and the beds extremely comfortable. We came down late for breakfast and they kept it open a little later for us to be able to eat. Breakfast was also great...enjoyed the make your own waffles. I will definitley stay here again when in Tampa

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family