“Brand-new” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #86 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
Joao Pessoa, PB
“Brand-new”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

The hotel looks new, with comfortable bed and new towels and bed clothes. Everything is clean. Breakfast is good with fruit, juice, milk, coffee, cake, bread, oatmeal, hamburger, jelly, egg and many more. Parking is fine with lots of place. Good elevator. The area is really silent and you feel secure. You can hear the birds singing. People from the front desk are willing to help all the time. I say hello to the two Melissas... who gave us a kind welcome.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor with a view to the road but we cannot hear any noise from the road.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Nikol C, General Manager at Sleep Inn Near Busch Gardens/usf, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Thank you for your kind words regarding your stay at our hotel. Melissa and I are glad to hear you were pleased with your stay. We look forward to seeing you again.
Melissa Bathe

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

One night stay. Pleasant clean room and friendly helpful staff. Good parking and ok breakfast at about the best price nearby. Very convenient to I-75 and FSU and Busch Gardens. That about says it all but this website requires that a review contain at least 200 characters.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Nikol C, General Manager at Sleep Inn Near Busch Gardens/usf, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Thank you for your kind comments and review of our hotel. I am glad that you found our room clean and our staff friendly. We hope to see you again soon.
Melissa Bathe`
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

First, I have no complaints about the front desk. The lady who checked us in was super friendly and helpful. It is too bad that friendliness can't fix a barely functioning A/C unit and paper thin walls. The room was dirty, the desk chair was wobbly and very uncomfortable. The beds were ok, but the blankets were not very nice. It didn't matter though, because the A/C barely worked so there was no way you would ever need a blanket. It was a very hot night, and impossible to sleep. The walls are so thin that we could hear everything the neighbors were saying, and hear their TV all night. We requested late checkout, which they granted. However, they did not communicate it to housekeeping, as the housekeeper walked right into our room at 9:00 AM, waking up my sleeping baby. I stay at many hotels in the Choice family, and this is the first negative experience I have had. I don't know if it is a problem with this particular hotel, or the Sleep Inn chain. I'll be on the safe side and not stay at any Sleep Inn again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Katie D
Nikol C, Manager at Sleep Inn Near Busch Gardens/usf, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Hello, Thank you for your review.
I would like to personally apologize for all the discomforts you experienced while staying in out hotel. I wish I would have known about the troubles you were having with the A/C, Our hotel is currently being renovated with many new up grades and new A/Cs and bedding has been ordered.
We expect full completion of the renovation in a couple of weeks and I would love to have a chance to win your business back.
I have addressed all housekeepers with our late check out policy and I sincerely apologize for waking your child.
Melissa
Lemont, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

We stayed at this hotel several times in the past month and most everything was fine. One of the best front desk clerks, Cory, was a very pleasant staff member who really is the model for what every hotel should be like when you walk through the front door. She was great. She was professional, helpful and just really, really nice. She deserves all the praise, and again, all the hotels should be so lucky to have that kind of professional make a first and lasting impression on their hotel. SleepInn, you also have the best comfy beds, Thank you, thank you!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Fruitland Park, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014

The hotel was nice. Staff was really friendly. Cory helped us with everything we needed and she was really friendly. She helped me reserve a room for next week. She does a great job. Im excited to go back

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jessie H, General Manager at Sleep Inn Near Busch Gardens/usf, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Thank you for your kind comments about our hotel. I have to agree with you Corey is indeed an outstanding employee and we are very fortunate to have her. We hope you will come back to see us more often and you will once again be more than satisfied with your stay.
Jessie and staff
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

We stayed there for one night after a long drive. It is an ok hotel if you are staying for one night. Close to Busch Gardens. Staff is friendly. Room was clean. Everything was functioning. I saw a couple of weird characters in the hotel, but that wasn't a big deal. Breakfast wasn't that good.

Room Tip: There are smoking rooms in the hotel. They are on the top floor. Make sure you get first or second f...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Nikol C, General Manager at Sleep Inn Near Busch Gardens/usf, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Hello Omerta55, I appreciate your feed back and your time in writing your review.
We are currently undergoing renovations and expect to be finished in the next couple of weeks. Im glad you found our hotel comfortable for a one night stay, and we hope you will come stay with us again on your next trip to Tampa and consider staying for a fe more days.
Melissa Bathe`
Manager
Augusta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

Everything about this hotel is absolutely horrible! Ranging from the staff, the unprofessional and understaffed housekeeping, and the horrible hospitality! Breakfast was horrible...the only really edible thing to eat was yogurt. I've stayed at plenty Sleep Inn's before, all with great experiences, but never one like this in my life! If you want a comfortable stay, do not stay here. You will be stressed out about bugs in your room, on your bed, and left with an uncleaned room for multiple days.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Jessie H, General Manager at Sleep Inn Near Busch Gardens/usf, responded to this review, 8 December 2013
I am so sorry you had a bad experience with our hotel. We have been remodeling and are close to finishing in the next couple of weeks. We also have a new manager . We take pride in our hotel .I hope you will come back and see the changes we have made.if you do decide to come back please call me personally and I will ensure you will be very pleased and happy.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tampa
Ramada Temple Terrace/Tampa North
Clarion Hotel & Conference Center
Courtyard Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher
Hilton Garden Inn Tampa North
Hilton Garden Inn Tampa North
#1 of 5 in Temple Terrace
Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa North
Extended Stay America - Tampa - North - USF - Attractions

Been to Sleep Inn Near Busch Gardens/usf? Share your experiences!