“Couldn't be better!”

Ranked #42 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Tampa, Florida
“Couldn't be better!”
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I have been staying at the Residence Inn Sabal Park for the last 6+ months on an extended contract assignment in Brandon. Honestly, I couldn't be happier with the facility and the staff! It's not easy being away from home for this long, but the entire crew makes us all feel like we are family. There are approximately 20 co-workers staying here and we are all extremely satisfied with everything. If you see a negative review of anything at this hotel, you can be assured that the problem was with the customer, not the venue or the staff.
So many of the staff have gone out of their way to make our stay outstanding. Hopefully they will be understanding if I overlook anyone, but here goes...
The staff is simply outstanding - starting at the front desk, Kelsie, Cynthia, Roger, and Sean(sp) are a pleasure to deal with! They are always willing to go the extra mile to please.
The Kitchen staff is superb - especially James and Deborah. They consistently go out of their way to cater to our "special" needs. James deserves special recognition for "Omelet Wednesday" - really good!
The entire grounds are extremely well maintained. Colleen has an incredible housekeeping crew while Jimmy and Ray keep everything in tip-top shape and are ready to hop at a moment's notice to help with any issue.
In management, Lena is a Russian goddess :) She treats us like family (whether we deserve it or not:) ) You really can't ask for more! I haven't had much contact with upper management because it hasn't been necessary! They must be doing a great job!
One of the truly telling signs that this is an outstanding hotel is how many returning guests we see every week. I have friends from all over North America, just from my stay here. We BBQ on the patio several times a week - outstanding!
Come join me for Happy Hour - the drinks are on me! :)

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank PSP92630
ResidenceInn9719AGM, Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Sabal Park/Brandon, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Dear PSP92630,

Thank you so much for the glowing recommendations of our property and the recognition of our associates. It’s our solemn duty as well as our sincere pleasure to extend to each and every guest the same warm welcome and hospitality which you have so eloquently described.
We are pleased that you were able to make use of so many of our amenities such as barbecue area, breakfast and evening buffets. Especially omelets Wednesday’s, thanks to James and Miss Deborah.
Thank you so much for staying with us and be part of our Sabal Park Family!

Best regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

I have stayed in this hotel with my family including my kids (9, 4 and 2years old). Unfortunatly, my lettle kid has a pen (after we removed all pens from the room) and wrote on the leather chairs of the room. The cleaning stuff just notify the managment about this once they saw the ink and did not complete their job of cleaning. We did apology from the hotel stuff and did our homework of cleaning to remove this ink from the chairs. Before the general manager came, the stuff admit that the ink was completly removed and there is almost no sign if ink and they just returned back like new. However, the general manager did not agree on that and it seems she instructed the stuff to not agree with cleaning. She asked to pay $1800 claiming to purchase 6 new chairs while my kid wrote on 5 only. After I notify her of the real number of chairs, she adked to pay $1500. After my discussion with them, they agreed to clean the chairs more and not to cut money from my cridet card.... and guess when returned to my home they just cut $1800 !!!???

I added photos of chairs for your judgment and to see what are these people doing.

Also, I claimed there were roaches in the room and the manager simply explained that food remainig in the floor was the cause of availing the roaches !!!!

Save your money ... choose other hotel.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank AMMAR A
ResidenceInnGM9719, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Sabal Park/Brandon, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Dear Ammar A,
Thank you for replacing the damaged chairs. I am glad that they arrived this month. As you know we take great pride in maintaining the cleanliness and appearance of our hotel and comments like yours are not typical of this hotel. I hope you will continue to select Marriott when you travel.
Fernandina Beach, Florida
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Waking up on a cool morning, having coffee while relaxing for a couple of hours by the fire. My daughter is a student and has the pleasure of staying here once a month for 5 days while attending classes. I as a mother worried about her being so far from home and all alone, well she has found a place here that makes her feel right at home. Everyone is pleasing and they truly make you feel like family. James, Colleen and all of the rest have really gone out of their way to help. This is my second time here and I could and would live in one of the mini suites that my daughter lives in once a month. I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone that looks after my daughter. I think I might have to come with her every month for the next 3 1/2 years.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
ResidenceInnGM9719, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Sabal Park/Brandon, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Dear Janet D,
I appreciate that you took the time to post this outstanding review. It is our pleasure to have you and your daughter as regular guests! Thank you for mentioning James and Colleen – I will recognize them for their helpfulness. I love your profile picture of our fire pit. The weather is turning just right to enjoy it. We look forward to having you here regularly over the next 3 ½ years.
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I have stayed at this same Hotel about 15 times this year. I will not stay at any other hotel. Staff is great and it is in a great location. 2 Thumbs up...... By the way, Breakfast is almost better then home coming. Dinner, what can you say when there is free beer and wine. Lobby is a very good area to unwind after a long day of meetings or work.

Room Tip: I have always liked the top floor rooms. However, I have stayed on each floor and they are all grea...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Dear Angelo TPA,
Thank you for being a regular and loyal guest at the Residence Inn by Marriott Sabal Park. I am glad you have been enjoying our breakfast and social hour. It is our priority that you feel like this is your home away from home. I appreciate your recommendation of the hotel. Come back and see us again soon.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

This is a great location just a few miles east of downtown Tampa. Located in a business park it's easy to find and get around to major destinations all over town. The staff was accommodating and always cheerful. Roger at the front desk is incredibly friendly and provided top notch service for every request we made. The rooms are nicely appointed and clean. The complimentary buffet breakfast provided good selections daily and the free happy hours each evening with beer, wine and a variety of appetizers are a huge bonus! Highly recommend this location!

Stayed October 2013
1 Thank acoffman
ResidenceInnGM9719, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Sabal Park/Brandon, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Dear acoffman,
I am thrilled that Roger stood out for his service during your stay. Roger truly has the Residence Inn Spirit to Serve. Thank you for the 5 rating and for highly recommending this location – it means so much to us. I agree that our location is great and the complimentary food is a huge bonus. We are looking forward to welcoming you back whenever your travels bring you to Tampa.
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Good for business or travel. Real kitchen, 1- and 2- bedroom suites available. Friendly and helpful staff, modern rooms, and the guests seem to be quiet. Layout means you can often get a first floor room, and/or, park near where you're staying -- much less hassle than dealing with elevators, &tc. I've stayed there several times. A comparable room at the nearby Hard Rock is about 2-3 times the price and noisy.

Room Tip: go for first floor, near parking lot if, like me, you value ease of access.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
ResidenceInnGM9719, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Sabal Park/Brandon, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Dear Ken B,
Thank you for staying at the Residence Inn by Marriott Tampa Sabal Park! I appreciate the overall rating of 5 and positive comments on the staff and rooms. I agree that we are a great bargain with breakfast included and a kitchen en suite – definitely helps to cut costs on eating out. I am so glad you enjoyed your room location and that it worked out to be hassle free for you. Come back and stay with us soon.
Crystal River, Fl
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I am a Marriott Platinum memeber, and stay in Marriotts around Florida as often as I can, usually just a get-a-way. This hotel in Brandon offered a free dinner, including beer and wine, and the best complimentary breakfast I have ever had. Lots of variety, fresh, hot, and did I mention complimentary. This is not a "resort", it's not priced or advertised as one, It's located in a quiet business park area, just off I-75, and I don't think the competition has ammenities like this for the price.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
ResidenceInn9719AGM, Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Sabal Park/Brandon, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
HuManatee9,

Thank you so much for being a loyal Platinum Elite Member and staying at Marriott properties and ranking our property 5! I am so happy to hear you enjoyed our complimentary evening reception and enjoyed a glass of wine on us! Our guest really enjoy free hot buffet breakfast every day not to mention a daily rotation of the breakfast items, so our guests have a variety. Residence Inn also offers breakfast on the go to keep up with every ones busy schedule. By being so close to a big intersection, I-75 and just 3 miles from the heart of Brandon it makes our location unique. Also by being in a business park travelers are close to work.
Thank you again for staying with us and I hope to see you in the near future!

Best regards,