“Very nice stay”

Ranked #47 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Very nice stay”
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I had a great business trip and a very comfortable stay. The staff was very courteous and approachable. I was expecting an average stay at the usual hotel with a crummy continental. Instead I had a very nice stay in a clean room with a great breakfast selection and even a relaxing social night. All around, I was very impressed with the quality of the hotel, the great staff and a welcoming environment. I certainly know where I will be staying the next time that I travel to Tampa!!

Room Tip: I was on the first floor and it was very convenient to the parking lot and all the amenities.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
ResidenceInnGM9719, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Sabal Park/Brandon, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Dear Will D,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Residence Inn by Marriott and for rating us a 5. I am glad we exceeded your expectations in cleanliness, quality and food offerings. We rotate our breakfast buffet “made for you” items daily to keep the selections fresh. I agree that we have a great staff! Come back and see us soon whenever your travels take you to Tampa.
ri.tpasp.gm@marriott.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 19 February 2014

We stayed for five nights at the beginning of February. The staff were all so pleasant and helpful. We especially enjoyed the breakfasts which were even better than those which we had experienced at other Residence Inns and the evening meals which are served Monday to Thursday. We managed to be there for two of these, one being barbeque night with hotdogs, hamburgers, baked beans, salad and wine. The hotdogs were absolutely delicious! James did a great job with all the cooking and he kept the eating area spotless.
If we return to Tampa next year, we will definitely stay here.
The only negative is that the hotel is a little hard to find but it is in a nice quiet treed area.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
ResidenceInnGM9719, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Sabal Park/Brandon, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Dear 825Ruth,
Thank you for rating the Residence Inn Sabal Park a 5. I am delighted that you had a great stay and got to enjoy our complimentary breakfast and evening social. I will recognize James for his excellent cooking! I appreciate your comments and I hope we will see you again next year.
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 14 February 2014

This is my 11th night here. The dryer took a dollar without ever coming on. I reported this to front desk, but did not get reimbursed. I asked Kelsi for 4or 5 plastic cups for our group on patio. She stated that I had cups in my room. I told her they were glass and my room was on the opposite side of hotel on 3rd floor,#302. She then stated that plastic cups were in kitchen which was locked and she did not have keys. Kathleen overheard this conversation and offered to get some cups for us. Kathleen simply walked over to buffet area where there was 3 different kinds of plastic cups! Which I knew this all along. A couple of nights later Kelsi offered a group who was seated in dinning area as much plastic wear as she could think to offer for their delivered pizza! What was the difference between that group and ours?! Today after work when I returned to my room I noticed my quarters for laundry was gone off the desk. I phone front desk, unfortunately I got Kelsi. She informed me that she would ask about it. Whatever that means. If someone was petty enough to take $3.00 in quarters they are not going to admit it. Kelsi did not offer to reimbursed it! So now I have to buy more quarters! Also my room has not been vacuumed at all this week. What days do they vacuum? My employer has been using marriot for years. Why was this stay so terrible? I will be informing my corporate office. CSL Plasma.
On a more positive note, James,Ms. Debra,Ms. Cynthia were wonderful!! Kelsi should take a few lessons!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
ResidenceInnGM9719, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Sabal Park/Brandon, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Dear Barbara A,
Thank you for being a long term guest at the Residence Inn by Marriott Sabal Park. I appreciate you taking the time to meet with me this morning. I am relieved that you are no longer disappointed and were impressed by Colleen’s immediate response to your posting. As you know, I have enjoyed hosting your group and I am glad you will be back again. I will recognize James, Ms. Debra and MS. Cynthia for making a positive impact on your stay. Also, I am committed to sharing your concerns with the entire hotel team so this will not happen to any future guests. Your overall satisfaction is very important to me and I am glad that upon speaking to you today you are satisfied. I am looking forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you to the Tampa area.
Belleville, New Jersey
Reviewed 6 February 2014

This is truly a home away from home. This hotel has exceeded my expectations. The entire staff especially Roger and excellent management Suzanne assures that your stay is memorable with genuine care for your everyday need. James, the cook ALWAYS goes out of his way to make sure your everyday starts off with an amazing full breakfast. The food is always fresh, hot and tasty. James also makes sure that your evening dining experience is outstanding as well. Our 3 day stay turned into more of a 1 month stay due to my grand-daughter arriving 2 months premature and not able to head back home to New Jersey. The staff was able to accommodate us on short notice with understanding and patience. I can truly say that upon my departure I will not be saying so long, but rather until next time to my new family...Roger I will miss your amazing "Good Mornings" and James I will definitely miss your outstanding hospitality, wish I can take you home with me!!! This is TRULY A HOME-AWAY-FROM-HOME..

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
ResidenceInnGM9719, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Sabal Park/Brandon, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Dear Wanda M,
Thank you for the outstanding review. It has been our pleasure to have you here while waiting for your grand-daughter to arrive. We are thrilled to be among the first to meet your precious grand-daughter. I will recognize Roger and James for making your stay memorable. I know you ended up staying much longer than originally planned and I am glad we have exceeded your expectations. Be sure to keep us updated with any new baby photos and come by to see your new Residence Inn family whenever you travel to Tampa.
Reviewed 29 January 2014

This hotel is wonderful and the staff is so great and friendly they are so good to me and they love my son (Mason he's a year and a half old) he enjoys it there so much waving at the employees and giving high fives they are just so wonderful and patient when he throws his tantrums ;) he even learned how to crawl there on are last trip when he was 7 months old! It's just like being with FAMILY it's just a great place and the food is great so if u stay say hi to James and Deb the cooks and my son will definitely miss it and so will I...but I could go on all day about how great this place is and how friendly the staff is and how much I love it there it's definitely are home away from home....we will always go back when we are in Florida.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Jeepmomma86
ResidenceInnGM9719, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Sabal Park/Brandon, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Dear Jeepmomma86,
We miss you and Mason already. Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review about your recent stay at the Residence Inn by Marriott Sabal Park. As a regular repeat guest this means so much to us. I will share your comments with the hotel associates and recognize them for making your stay enjoyable. I hope we will see you again soon!
Wanaque, New Jersey
Reviewed 9 January 2014

We have totally enjoyed our 30+ day vacations at this hotel. The entire staff welcomes you into their "hotel family" with genuine care and concern for your every need. From the excellent management: Suzanne and Lena: to the friendly front desk staff: Roger, Sean, Kelsey and Cynthia: to the well-run dining room, James and Deborah: to the meticulous housekeeping staff: Colleen, Debbie, Maida: to the capable maintenance: Ramon, this is truly a home-away-from-home. We were totally satisfied with every aspect of this fine hotel and look forward to our next vacation with this wonderful staff.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Johnflyfish56
ResidenceInnGM9719, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Sabal Park/Brandon, responded to this review, 18 January 2014
Dear Johnflyfish56,
Thank you for the outstanding review and 5 ranking. We miss you already! The Residence Inn by Marriott is designed for guests staying 5 nights or more and you can really settle in if you stay over a month like yourself. I truly appreciate your positive comments regarding myself and other members of the hotel team. We take pride in extending a warm welcome to our guests. Come back soon to visit your “hotel family” in Tampa.
Brandon, Florida
Reviewed 7 December 2013

All the employees are friendly and courteous and work to know us by name, but 2 are special.

Cynthia has always known our names and greeted us as we walked past the desk from day 1. Always has a big smile.

Deborah, the cook, goes out of her way to make sure everything is hot fresh and tastes great. A few times we asked for some special orders and she was happy to help us out.

We feel so much a part of the family, we keep waiting for our chore list!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
ResidenceInnGM9719, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Sabal Park/Brandon, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Dear Jim T,
Thank you so much for the employee compliments. At the Residence Inn by Marriott Sabal Park it is our goal for all guests to feel like they are part of our family. I will recognize Cynthia and Deborah for going above and beyond. I am thrilled that you are able to rate us a 5. We will see you again soon when you travel back to Tampa.