“A great place to stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Residence Inn Tampa Sabal Park/Brandon

Residence Inn Tampa Sabal Park/Brandon
Ranked #44 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
Houston, Texas
“A great place to stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

I travel frequently for the Military so I stay in alot of hotels. I really enjoyed my stay in Tampa at this hotel. The rooms are very clean and comfortable with everything needed for an extended stay. The Staff is friendly and accomodating. They take the time to make each guest feel welcome and at home. The location is great because you can find lots of restaurants and shopping within a short distance from the hotel. The hotel offers a delicious hot breakfast buffet every morning. Chef James was extremely curteous and professional. The variety of items offered was plentiful and delicious. I would certainly recommend this hotel for business or pleasure travelers.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Allen V
ResidenceInnGM9719, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Sabal Park/Brandon, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear Allen V,

I am pleased to see that Chef James made a positive lasting impression during your recent stay. Chef James is a delight to work with and definitely works hard to provide our guests with a scrumptious breakfast! I am glad we are the perfect hotel and location for you. As a Military traveler I especially appreciate the outstanding review and rating of 5. Thank you for taking the time to share you travel stories with others and I truly hope we will see you again soon.

ri.tpasp.gm@marriott.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

The staff at this hotel is unbelievable! They go the extra mile. Everyone treated us like family. The 'extra's' are special. Treats in the afternoon (brownies, cookies, fruit). Delicious hot and cold breakfast buffet every morning. A nice light dinner 4 nights each week. Everything is meticulously clean and beds are comfy.

Pool and jacuzzi were very relaxing. Roger at the front desk was friendly and helpful with everything we needed. James provided us with all the delicious food and catered to us as if we were VIP's!

This hotel is tucked away in an office park area but close to every destination we needed to go to. This location is Pet Friendly and we enjoyed seeing some sweet dogs while we were there. The hotel even provided them dog bones at the front desk.

We had a 2 bedroom/2 bathroom suite and it was like a spacious apartment.

The General Manager, Suzanne Salmon runs this location and I applaud her.

There was only one thing missing and that was an 'in-room' safe. I know the staff was trustworthy but I was too worried to leave my jewelry and laptop in the room without keeping it in the safe.

You can't go wrong by staying here. I will return on my future trips and will know I will be safe, comfortable and relaxed.

Room Tip: Our room was great at the far end of the hall.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Linda5355
ResidenceInnGM9719, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Sabal Park/Brandon, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear Linda5355,
Thank you for this awesome review of the Residence Inn by Marriott Sabal Park. I am thrilled that you are able to recommend us with an overall rating of 5 and as the “Best Hotel in Tampa”. I agree that the hotel staff is unbelievable and I am truly humbled that you mentioned me too. It sounds like we are the perfect hotel for a traveler like you. I appreciate your comment regarding the in room safe and I agree that it would be convenient for our guests. At this time we can store valuables in a deposit box at the front desk. I am glad to see that you will back again and I look forward to seeing you again when you return to the Tampa area.
Bowie, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

This hotel is in a business district of Tampa so it is very quiet in the evenings which is great. It is about 5-10 minutes from a load of restaurants and shopping. The staff at the hotel are super friendly and very helpful. The breakfast area is clean, the staff that prepare breakfast are so hospitable and the food was always hot and good. The front desk staff went above and beyond to help me with some business documents that had to be faxed before the close of my business day. I went to the desk multiple times and was always greeted with a smile as they handled my issue. I will be in Tampa at least 3 or 4 more times this year and plan on staying here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank RollingAlong2011
ResidenceInnGM9719, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Sabal Park/Brandon, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Dear RolingAlong2011,
Thank you for the kind review and overall rating of 5. I am glad to see that the breakfast and front desk staff was friendly and helpful during your stay at the Residence Inn by Marriott Sabal Park. I am sure it was a relief to have your documents faxed out on time and with a smile. I will share your comments with the hotel associates. It looks like you will be back next quarter so we will see you again soon.
Glen Burnie, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

My sisters and I traveled from Baltimore MD to Tampa FL the weekend of Mar 27th through the 30th for my birthday weekend. The whole staff at Residence Inn Sabal Park are very accomodating and so friendly! They make you feel like part of the family (James and Ms Deborah, Maida, Roger, Rashawn, and Benita. Lena and Suzanne the management team have a great staff! I highly recommend staying there! The social in the evening is awesome! Best hotel in Tampa!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank PattyN9719
ResidenceInnGM9719, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Sabal Park/Brandon, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Dear PattyN9719,
Happy Birthday! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Residence Inn by Marriott Sabal Park with other travelers. It is wonderful to see that so many associates made a positive impact during you birthday weekend. This means so much to us and I will share your comments during our daily meeting today. I appreciate the overall rating of 5. Come back and see us again soon.
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

I recently stayed at another hotel for work and was not happy at all. It was so nice to come back to the Residence Inn and see Kelsie's smiling face with her warm greeting. The manager Lena goes above and beyond to make my stay pleasant The hotel is always clean and well taken care of. Debbie is my favorite housekeeper. She takes excellent care of me and my room. All of these people go above and beyond and would do anything to make my stay an excellent experience. The best word that comes to mind is "Wow"!

Room Tip: Any room they provide is excellent.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Kayleen s
ResidenceInnGM9719, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Sabal Park/Brandon, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear Kayleen S,
We are so glad you are back! I am delighted that Kelsie provided a warm greeting upon your return and that Lena and Debbie are going above and beyond to make your stays excellent. Thank you for the overall rating of 5 and for titling your comments “Excellent hotel with the best staff”. I will share your positive comments with the hotel associates. Please feel free to contact me if you need anything and welcome back.
Jacksonville Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

Unfortunately, due my work, I stay in hotels 300-365 days a year. I have been traveling for over 20 years and have found this particular Residence Inn to be exemplary. Lena, Rodger, Sean, Cynthia and Kelsey at the front desk have ALWAYS corrected any room problem I may have while I'm at work during the day. James & Debra in the kitchen are outstanding, friendly and have obviously been well schooled in fine art of hospitality, the Marriott way. I sometimes find little notes from Debbie, in housekeeping, that seem to make me feel at home (even though I am NOT!). Here's hoping my assignment here in Tampa lasts another year!!!
Stoney

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Stoney M
Dear Stoney M,
Thank you for mentioning so many members of the Residence Inn by Marriott Sabal Park staff by name for their exemplary service. I agree that these associates are exceptional and demonstrate Marriott’s Spirit to Serve. As a regular guest and seasoned traveler your point of view and comments are important to me. I appreciate the positive comments and overall hotel rating of 5. Let’s hope your Tampa assignment lasts another year because we enjoy having you here. Feel free to contact me if you need anything during your stay.
Westfield, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

I have been staying at the Residence Inn by Marriott Sabal Park/Brandon on business for over a year now. Throughout my career, i've stayed in numerous Hotels, both long term & short term stays. I can attest, hands down, that the Staff in Brandon is by far, the Greatest Group that I have ever had the pleasure of staying with.

I had to travel to Chicago recently, and I had forgotten that I ordered contact's to be delivered to the Residence Inn in Sabal Park/Brandon. To my surprise, Lena Warme, the Assistant General Manager, talked to my fellow co-workers, and found that I was staying at the Marriott in Naperville, IL., and took it upon herself to Federal Express my contacts to me there so that I would have them. She went above & beyond.

Lena & her entire staff are tremendous.

If you're ever in Tampa, and are looking for a place to stay, where you're treated like FAMILY, i would strongly encourage you to stay at the Residence Inn by Marriott @ 9719 Princess Palm Avenue, Tampa Florida 33619 - Telephone #: 813-627-8855 --- TRUST ME! YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!!!!!!!!

-Tim D.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank Digs2014
Dear Digs2014,
Thank you for reviewing the Residence Inn by Marriott Sabal Park and for the excellent overall score of 5. It is a pleasure having you as a regular long term guest. I am very glad to hear that the Assistant General Manager, Lena, went above and beyond in getting your contacts to you. It is our goal for long term travelers like you to feel relaxed and at home while staying with us. We constantly strive to exceed customer expectations through excellent customer service. I cannot tell you how much your recommendation and comments mean to me and the hotel team. You know you are part of the Residence Inn Sabal Park family and we are glad you have returned from Chicago.
ri.tpasp.gm