Quality Inn & Suites Near Fairgrounds Ybor City
  • Restaurant
US$72
US$67
Red Roof
Best Western Tampa(Tampa)(Great Value!)
US$153
US$144
Agoda.com
US$116
All reviewsybor cityfront deskthe breakfast areachoice hotelscruise portcruise packagepool areafree breakfastclose to downtowntampa arearooms were very cleanwould stay here againyogurtshuttle servicebusch gardensking roomthe hard rock casino
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 November 2011

This Quality Inn was the last night on my journey south for the winter, traveling with my constant canine companion. This was a "free" stay with my points, and so I reserved a king suite which I would not normally do. This is a beautifully maintained property, the outdoor pool area is particularly nice with quality furniture and umbrella tables; it adjoins bathrooms and the exercise area which is very convenient and thoughtfully designed. The lobby area is spacious, comfortable, very clean and nicely decorated. The area around the hotel property was also well cared for and pleasant for walking my dog. The staff is absolutely top notch, I had a few small issues which were either taken care of immediately, or I was offered to have them rectified immediately. With family in Tampa, it was nice to be able to get some take-out food and have supper in the lobby breakfast area, rather than having to dine in my room. The neighborhood is a tiny bit run down, but at no time did I feel unsafe while staying there, walking my dog along the sidewalks, was not at all concerned about safety. The property is very easy to find, very easy on and off the interstate, plenty of well lit parking, breakfast was standard fare, but hot and tasty. The few issues that should have been taken care of were:
1. a request for a room very close to the entrance (due to a disability, not convenience) was not honored. 2. the suite had not been thoroughly cleaned prior to my arrival; my dog found many food crumbs in the carpeting and 3. there was an issue with the phone line that was a minor annoyance. All in all though, a very pleasant stay in a mostly clean hotel with really excellent staffing (and good staff always makes a big difference in any hotel) and I will definitely stay again next fall heading south.

Room Tip: ask for a room on the side away from Interstate 4; much quieter
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Auntie1949
Reviewed 11 November 2011

Conveniently located near the port right off I-4 and very easy to find (using Mapquest). This motel is new, clean and the staff friendly and helpful. Our room was very comfortable with all the amenities. The breakfast area was spotless, with the usual continental assortment. The exercise room had a nice assortment of equipment in excellent condition. The parking lot we were instructed to use was visible from the front desk, so we felt safe leaving our car there for the week.

Transportation to the port was provided by Express Transportation. Our courteous driver, Mr. Stanley was right on time both at departure and arrival, helping to make this our best port experience ever. I would ask for him again.

We will definitely be planning more cruises out of Tampa, and when we do, we will be staying at this facility again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank gawildcats
Reviewed 10 November 2011

We booked the "cruise and park" package and had a 2 room suite, transportation to the cruise port and left our car there for a week, all for only $130 including tax. The hotel is clean, new, and well appointed our room was spotless, comfortable and the beds were great, pool was very warm, the boys used the excercise room, said it was nice, front desk staff was friendly and warm, free breakfast was very good, nice selection. The neighborhood was sketchy, but at no time did we ever feel threatened or unsafe. It is a litte hard to find even with GPS, you have to take 49th Ave around the bend it turns into East 18th Ave, we will be staying here again!!!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank fkscott
Reviewed 3 November 2011

this motel-hotel is only 60 dollars a night--but worth much more---for what you get here, you would pay double someplace else in tampa...great breakfast--very clean rooms---next to interstate--but in quite neighborhood

Room Tip: carry your breakfast out to the pool that is surrounded by the hotel but shaded with some palm trees
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank PETE90
Reviewed 18 October 2011

Convenient location, clean rooms, free Internet, free breakfast, and good price is just what you need for a short stay and more. We occupied couple of rooms just for one night. Stuff of the hotel was helpful and nice. Good size rooms with coffee maker, refrigerator and TV. We did not have an opportunity to use all of the amendments of the hotel, but we use Internet in room and enjoyed good free breakfast in the morning. Hotel has just two floors, so it is kind of quiet. Also, even thought it is conveniently located close to the highway, we did not hear the traffic noise. If you will want some dinner you will need drive, since there no so many choices close by. Now we know where to stay in Tampa.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business