I was pretty hard on this property in my last review and rightfully so. I was promised they would make it right for this year and they certainly have put forth an effort. It's probably best that I give you a pros and cons list.
Neema gave me a wonderful rate to return and extended it to the others that traveled with us last year. The property is generally maintained and the desk staff is quite friendly. The pool area will remind you of a tropical oasis. The 2-room suites are the best way to travel! The extra space plus the extra bathroom are something you get nowhere else in this price range. I've never used it but apparently the stay, park, and cruise package is a great deal.
Because they gave me a discounted rate they wouldn't qualify my stay for reward points. This is just management being cheap and frankly it's disrespectful to an unhappy guest. My red carpet stains have been traded for black stains and the furniture is worn and downright uncomfortable. Shuttles are still available for you to travel around, but don't run late and cost as much as a cab. Breakfast, while available is sub-standard to the brand. The hot food is limited to biscuits and gravy and waffles along with over-ripe fruit, yogurt, stale bread items, and cereal. Building 2 is right on top of the freeway and there is noise all night long.
In conclusion, I have to wholeheartedly disagree with folks giving this property 5 stars. They've either never stayed at a 5 star property or are simply comparing it to others in the Choice Hotels lineup. Frankly if that were the case, I'd give it 4 instead of 3. You have choices in lodging. If this property offers an exceptional rate it won't disappoint you. If however the rates are comparable with nicer properties in the area, I'd look there first.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Quality Inn & Suites, a Tampa hotel near Ford Amphitheatre at Florida State Fairgrounds. Conveniently located in the heart of Tampa's business district, the brand new Quality Inn & Suites is minutes away from the Seminole Hard Rock Casino, Ford Amphitheatre at Florida State Fairgrounds and the Port of Tampa. This Tampa, FL hotel is also close to popular attractions and venues like Ybor City, St. Pete Times Forum, the Tampa Convention Center, Raymond James Stadium and Busch Gardens theme park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Choice Hotels, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Quality Inn & Suites Near Fairgrounds Ybor City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn & Suites Near Fairgrounds Ybor City Hotel Tampa
- Quality Inn And Suites Near Fairgrounds Ybor City
- Quality Inn Tampa
- Quality Inn & Suites Near Fairgrounds Ybor City Tampa, Florida