Quality Inn & Suites Near Fairgrounds Ybor City
Ranked #21 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Great night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

My family stayed here the night before our cruise. We got here early and they let us check in. That was very nice. rooms were clean and pool was warm even though air was chilly. Breakfast was great and the women working it were very friendly. We will stay again.

Stayed March 2014
IHRMC_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Near Fairgrounds Ybor City, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here on TripAdvisor. We are so pleased to see you enjoyed our heated pool and our breakfast! Thank y9ou again and we hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Hebrew first
Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

We stayed here in December the night before a cruise. I am updating that review. General Manager ended up emailing me and asked for my number. We talked and he stated that I should never had been charged for the night we stayed (you will need to look at the first review). I had to wait three months after the first review to make a new one. Wish trip advisor would let you amend a review. GM refunded the money for the one night. He wanted to make things right and he did and I am following through to update my stay and would stay here again.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to to post about your experiance with our General Manager. Not many people would have spent the time to do this so thank you again and we hope to see you again soon!
Athens, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

Our check in was quick and smooth, and the area for the extended parking was not too distant from our room. the breakfast was better than average for continental and our room was clean except for a press on fingernail behind the bedside table we found when plugging in cell phone chargers. The price included the shuttle too and from our cruise ship. The driver was an indy car drop out, but we laughed our way through it. The van was there within 10 minutes of our departure from customs, and the car was just as we left it. The $40 parking for the week seemed a safer bet than the $75 at the pier. I would not hesitate to refer anyone to this hotel for their stay and cruise package.

Room Tip: The closer to the lobby you are the less distance to carry your bags for the shuttle.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jerry H
Dear Jerry,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are very pleased to see you enjoyed your stay and will be speaking to our shuttle drivers about your comments. Thank you again and we hope to see you the next time you are in the Tampa area.
Rowlett, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

As a Diamond member of the Choice Hotels frequent guest program, I stay at Choice properties frequently, of which Quality Inn is one of the brands. This particular property appears to have been recently updated, as the rooms are very nicely appointed - and very clean - and quite comfortable. There is ample work space and other than a minor glitch when first connecting to the wireless internet, everything was in good working order.

The lobby is large and spacious, and a free self-service breakfast is included. I cannot, however, comment on the breakfast, as I did not have time to eat it.

Check-in and check-out were both handled efficiently and pleasantly by front desk staff who seemed to enjoy their jobs and who seemed genuinely helpful and caring. I liked that.

The only issue I experienced was a minor one - and one that was easily corrected. But i will still mention it here, as it's one of those things that makes me scratch my head and wonder why hotels have silly practices such as this. Here's the deal. When I checked out, I noticed that there was a line item on my bill for $1.00 listed as "Hotel Service Charge" (or something like that). When I queried the charge, it was explained that this hotel is "green", and that this charge was for servicing the plants. The front desk person then quickly offered to remove it without my asking her to do so, which was fine, but the existence of such silly fees comes across as just another way to increase the effective room rate without actually increasing the rate. Seems to me that any such fees ought to be simply built into the published room rate, rather than being added on after the guest checks in - and with no advance notification that such fees exist. It's not the amount of the fee that's the issue - $1.00 is pretty small. It's the principle of the thing. My guess is that many people have complained about it, based on the staff person's instant willingness to remove it without being asked. Anyway, if a member of this hotel's management team reads these comments, I might suggest that the annoyance factor of having such fees more than offsets any financial advantage that they generate. Just a thought.

The hotel is in a good location - at the intersection of US-41 and I-4 - and is clearly visible, right along side the road. But it's a bit tricky to get to, as you have to sneak around behind the hotel and enter from there. How one actually does that is not intuitively obvious; having a GPS to provide turn-by-turn directions definitely helps.

Overall - nice hotel, well run, good place to stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
IHRMC_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Near Fairgrounds Ybor City, responded to this review, 30 March 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay here on TripAdvisor. We are very pleased such an experienced travel, and loyal Choice member, would give such positive feedback on your stay. We will look into ways of incorporating the green service fee into price and do a better job of explaining this charge at check in, possibly allowing our guests to op in instead of opting out at check out. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

I enjoyed my stay at Quality inn where I reunited with family I haven't seen in awhile and The staff was very polite and helpful making the experience all the more enjoyable. It was a great atmosphere for the family. Definitely a place you can bring the family.

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay here on TripAdvisor. Your kind works mean so much to the entire staff here and we can't wait to have you and your family back with us!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

Convenient location seconds off the highway. Little far from Tampa airport. We used this hotel as a 1 night stay twice, after we landed from a late flight, and the night before an early departure. The hotel was plenty suficient for a quick stay. Very friendly people, effortless check in & out. Room was of adquate size. Although it was bare and not filled with glitz it had all necessities, flat screen, AC, fridge, Bathroom was clean and upgraded.
The neighborhood was a little "rough", not much to do close by, I would recomend this hotel as a good pit stop place for a night or two, making it the hub of a trip i would reccomend against, more for the area and lack of restaurants, shopping etc.

Room Tip: 2 different nights, 2 different floors, 2 different sides of the hotel, all were good and equal. the...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Valued Gest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are very pleased to hear you found our staff to be as great as we do. Thank you again and we hope to see you the next time you are in the Tampa area!
Vail, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

The people at the desk are very helpful in trying to whatever the might be to make you comfortable. And the staff that work in the breakfast section do great job in helping everybody I saw coming to breakfast for the past four days. Keep up the good work.

Room Tip: South side
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear George,

I want to first thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are so pleased to see you enjoyed your time with us and that our amazing staff was able to make your time here in Tampa a memorable one! Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon!