“Super nice place”

La Quinta Inn & Suites USF (Near Busch Gardens)
Ranked #33 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Super nice place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2013

We used our points for an overnight stay and received an upgrade. When we settled into our room, the desk called to make sure we were happy with our accommodations. Being smokers, we are used to having to hang outside the doors however; this La Quinta had a courtyard with gazebo for smokers. Not only were we safe, we had a comfortable place to sit. The room was very comfortable and super clean. We really enjoyed our stay. Thanks to the staff for being so pleasant.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2013

the staff provided excellent service at every encounter. the rooms were quiet spacious and comfortable. the hotel has good security and is very clean. I have only good things to say about the experience and would recoomend the hotel to anyone

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Fort Myers, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2013

Reservation booked and paid thru Hotel.com, arrived, rooms reserved were not available, hotel front desk staff stated they were unable to accommodate or refund due to booking thru Hotel.com. Management was not available, it was late, to try and navigate another phone call with Hotel. Com, with language barriers, was too stressful after a long drive.

• Stayed March 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2013 via mobile

This hotel is located just outside the maingate of Busch Gardens, which makes it ideal for anyone going to Busch Gardens or visiting the greater Tampa area. Only problem is the hotel is Poor at best- I hate to say it and do it, but Id rather other people not have to deal with such a dirty property and waste hard earned money. I picked up this hotel through LaQ website, while in town on business for a day. Upon check in (which was a bit late in the evening) there was a clerk pretty backed up, no problem. When I did get checked in I took the elevator to the 3rd floor and went into the "open corridor" Room (which means no hallways) the room reaked of cigarette smoke after I made it very clear to the clerk I could not stay in a smoking room... In addition to cigarettes- the room next door were smoking something a bit stronger than cigarettes--which seemed to be blowing under my door. I didnt stay 30 seconds- walked out and went downstairs.. I let the clerk know of both problems.. His response was "I have 1 room left" - no sorry, no offer to spray,no nothing" I asked him what if he didnt have any rooms left what would he have done? He did not reply.. He gave me a new room assuring me it was non smoking-- i went all the way to the end of the hotel on the 3rd floor again and boom-- another odor filled room-- the AC didnt work-" either..just a bad facelift by Laquinta overall to an otherwise dump of a property. My clothes in my suitcase all reak of cigarette smoke and I travel everyday so it makes it a bit of a pain and also disgusting..Upon checkout I let the clerk know of my displeasure. She said she was sorry but that was it.. ..No problem.. I just wont spend another buck with LaQuinta until someone lets me know there hotels are back to normal standards.. Im not looking for a palace.. Im looking for a clean, safe, comfortable atmosphere. After all I am paying for it.. Keep your garbage breakfast, your internet never works, and your staff is flat out incompetent to be in the hospitality industry. Just give me a room worth my money...I am attaching a few pics of my sink in the room-- just grimey and gross- I know the staff does not take pride in this. place, and its a shame being in such a high traffic locations like Busch Gardens.. Im sure they stay busy, but I guarantee there repeat business is minimal at best.

• Stayed March 2013
3 Thank Bfree7
Gloversville, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2013

We stayed in the LaQuinta Inn, Tampa on Spruce Street near the International Mall in 2009, had a less than stellar experience. We attempted this hotel again this past week, 2/26-28/2013. We had a much better stay. We stayed on a second floor room, clean, fresh, nonsmoking and no hint of cigarette smoke smell at all. The room was immaculate. The check in was easy, no elevator however, but we did not need one. The last time we stayed, and we checked in advance back then, that the pool was open, it was not. This time, the pool was heated, clean and enjoyed. The breakfast was okay, not the best I have had, but adequate. The staff was wonderful and accommodating to all who arrived at the desk for assistance. We did not need our room to be serviced during our two day stay, but they did freshen our towels and offer servicing. ( we felt it was a waste of resources). This hotel had an IHOP next door to it. However, you really need a rental car,which we did have, in order to see the sights or go somewhere to shop. We most certainly will stay here again. Either a change in management or staff made the difference. We are most happy with this stay.

Room Tip: Upper floors are nice, less noise. Pool nice, enjoy it. Staff friendly and helpful. Outer rooms...