La Quinta Inn & Suites USF (Near Busch Gardens)
Ranked #38 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 25 June 2008

We ran away from the Econo Lodge at Bush Gardens we ran for our lifes the Econo was terrible. So we came to La Quinta and they saved our stay at Tampa. Thank God they had the 3 rooms we need it we were a group of 11. We had 2 great nights here. Very nice service at the front desk. She was the best. Rooms comfortable, big and very clean. Great breakfast too. Thank you La Quinta.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family

Reviewed 19 March 2008

My husband and I stayed at the La Quinta USF on two occasions in January 2008. From January 17-18 on arrival in Tampa so we could go to Busch Gardens the next day then travel and stay in Orlando to visit Disney World; and from January 20-21 on our return from Orlando and prior to our departure from the Tampa airport.

Our check in on January 17 was accomplished very efficiently at around 11 am. The person at the desk was lovely and helpful. Our room was very clean and fairly large. It had all the basics – king bed, fridge, microwave, writing desk, recliner and a large television.

The free breakfast the next day consisted of bread, bagels, peanut butter, jelly, hot cereal, make-your-own waffles, yogurt, regular cereal, fruit, milk and juice. While we were eating everything was refilled promptly. It kept us going until we could have lunch at Busch Gardens.

The La Quinta is ideally located to Busch Gardens. In nice weather you could probably walk to BG, but we drove since the Florida area was going through a cold spell while we were there.

We loved Busch Gardens! It was everything I thought it would be (our Florida trip was a birthday present from my husband). If you go, definitely do the Serengeti Safari -- at least on your first visit. Priceless experience and great pictures. They provide a photographer on the trip and you can buy a pretty affordable CD at the conclusion of the safari.

If you’re going to Orlando, I would say take my advice as well as the advice of other TA forum posters who advised me to stay in Orlando on the days we were going to WDW. You don’t want to make the drive from Tampa to Orlando each day. It’s a longish drive and it would be even worse in bad traffic.

While at the La Quinta we ate at the Chinese buffet down the street on the advice of the front desk lady and picked up food from the 5 Brothers burgers. We picked up snacks and drinks down the street at the Family Dollar.

On our return to the La Quinta on January 20 after visiting the Animal Kingdom, our check-in was once again achieved with a minimum of fuss. Our room was ready, clean and adequately supplied with towels and the like.

One disappointment – while the La Quinta has free wireless, there is no business center to print boarding passes. We used the Kinko’s down the street.

I was pretty pleased with the service provided by La Quinta. I wouldn’t hesitate to stay here again or recommend the hotel to a friend or relative. I believe it offers excellent value for money.

Feel free to contact me with questions about the La Quinta; Busch Gardens; Animal Kingdom or Magic Kingdom. Have a great trip when you go.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple
5  Thank trinigirlmd
Reviewed 29 February 2008

Family of 5 stayed at the La Quinta Inn in Tampa after being at Busch Gardens all day. Very close to amusement park. Free continental breakfast (make your own waffles) was good. Room was sizable and comfortable. My only problem was that upon checking in, noticed a sign that said that the hotel was pet-friendly. I don't really like staying at a hotel that allows pets. The walls in the room were a little banged up (needing paint) and the carpeting throughout the room had a lot of stains. Possible pet accidents? Otherwise clean, quiet and comfortable.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank steady
Reviewed 14 November 2007

I have been going to this hotel for 4 years to attend the Busch Gardens Halloween event, Howl O Scream. In the past is was really good and I looked forward to going. This year, The room was not as clean, I asked for a room with a refrigerator and didn't get it, the breakfast as made miserable by a big mouth hotel employee with an attitude. The pool guy kicked us out of the jaccuzi and pool because he needed to clean it... I won't go back. I'll try the Wingate next year. Stay away!

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank moviechick65
Reviewed 18 October 2007

I stayed here for 3 nights Oct 2007. The hotel is quite new and was VERY clean and the room is quite spacious. I had 2 queen beds and because of the layout of the room, the bathroom feels large also -- really nice in a hotel room! The shower pressure was great!

I worked in my room and had the Do Not Disturb sign on all day - so no maid service. Late afternoon, they left a bag with clean towels, more coffee, soap, etc. etc. on my door -- I thought it was a really nice touch.

My only complaint was that it can be a bit noisy -- you can hear your neighbor's toilet flush or shower etc. It seemed louder than most other hotels --- but I am not a very heavy sleeper.

Breakfast was basic, but I had no complaints. Muffins, good coffee, fruit, cereal, etc. They also have a waffle maker (I didn't use this) but many people seemed to enjoy that.
They also have 24 hrs a day coffee in the lobby --- I loved it!

Would recommend to a friend.

Stayed: October 2007
1  Thank G M
Reviewed 8 October 2007

I stayed at this hotel after reading all the good reviews. The reviews were pretty much right on. The room was very clean and the beds were comfy. The rates do include free breakfast. This consisted of waffles, biscuits and gravy, fruit, bagels, muffins, and cereal. We paid around $100 which i guess is average. This hotel is perfect is you're going to Busch Gardens as it's located right behind it. We would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank gatorgurl
Reviewed 12 June 2007

We stayed here one night prior to Moffitt Hospital. It was very convenient, right across the street.
The room was large and clean, the bedding was excellent.
They offered free broadband internet for your laptop.
They have a free breakfast with make it yourself waffles, cereal and milk, chocolate donuts, toast, apple juice and coffee.
We will probably stay there again.
It was a non smoking ADA room on the first floor.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple