This hotel could have received 4 stars. It's a good value, very close to USF campus. The room and the bathroom were spotless. The room was good sized and so was the closet, although I would have liked blankets in the closet (I ended up using the blanket from the unused second bed). Breakfast is not memorable, but it will do.
What knocked it down to 2 stars is the fact that, during my second night, a bunch of kids started making a terrible noise. There was yelling, loud laughing, and plenty of door slamming. I called the front desk and was assured that they'd immediately send someone to make them stop. The noise continued for more than one hour after that. The next morning, in a room full of bleary-eyed teens having breakfast, one of my colleagues informed me that he too had called the front desk to complain, uselessly. I do not blame La Quinta for rude teenagers and their sorry excuse for a chaperon. But I do blame them for not putting their foot down and making them stop. So, buyer beware: if you are unlucky enough to be near some rude, inconsiderate bunch, staff will do nothing about it.
To be clear, when not invaded by poorly chaperoned teens, the hotel is very quiet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- NEW! Flat-panel TVs with 30 channels of HD programming. Easy-access Plug-and-Play feature makes it simple to connect electronics.The beautiful La Quinta Inn & Suites U.S.F. is newly renovated and located behind Busch Gardens, adjacent to the University of South Florida (host hotel for most USF Sundome functions). There is always plenty to do here: Hard Rock Nightclub at Seminole Casino, Nightlife in Ybor City, Museum of Science and Industry, Florida Aquarium, Adventure Island, Lowry Park Zoo, Florida State Fairgrounds. Don't forget professional sporting events (baseball, football, and hockey). Walk to a variety of great restaurants, or hit the malls (International, University, West Shore). Guests at the La Quinta Inn & Suites U.S.F. are treated with a Free Bright Side BreakfastTM each morning. Enjoy the heated pool and Jacuzzi and 24-hour fitness center. Rooms are spacious and come with free high-speed Internet access and more. We are in north Tampa between I-75 and I-275, just minutes from the area's renowned Hospitals (Veterans, Cancer Center, Shriner's). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LaQuinta, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites USF (Near Busch Gardens) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Usf (Near Busch Gardens) Hotel Tampa
- La Quinta Inn And Suites Usf (Near Busch Gardens)
- La Quinta Tampa
- Tampa La Quinta
- La Quinta Inn & Suites USF (Near Busch Gardens) Tampa, Florida