“Good place to stay, especially for kids in the summer”

Quality Inn & Conference Center Tampa
Ranked #97 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 2 September 2012

We do not have kids, but this Clarion has a cool mini water park near the pool in the enclosed courtyard, that my sister and I wished we had visited as kids! The hotel is very nice. You get breakfast vouchers that are good for a free breakfast at the hotel's breakfast buffet, which has many standard choices. There is also a TGIF right there on the grounds.

We were traveling with four adults (total) and so we picked the suite with the bunk beds. Since we specified 4 adults, and the website gave us no objections, we assumed that the bunks were full-sized. SURPRISE! They are actually kid-sized, and they really should specify this on the website. We could have complained, but decided to just go with it since the room was spacious (it doubles as a handicap-accessible room). It worked ok, I just had to curl up a little. :-)

I would definitely return, especially if I had kids. It's close to the freeway, which means all of Tampa is a relatively short drive away.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 25 August 2012

there is no elevator, so you have to haul your luggage up to the second flight. mattresses are simply disgusting. pool area very nice.
left to spend the rest of our sojourn at La Quinta...much better.

Room Tip: not on second floor since there is no elevator
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2012

I spent two days here as looking for the apartment, staff at the reception was nice.
Breakfast was decent- typical american breakfast cuisine but kitchen staff could be nicer.
Room was quite clean, decent- it was fit to its price.
Pool area was clean and relaxing to chill.
Though elevator would be needed as I had hard time moving my luggage through stairs, it was good budget hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank ddc_19
Reviewed 20 August 2012

My son and I stayed in this hotel for five days while he was participating in an event at USF. The location was perfect for that, just a mile down the street. This hotel was average -- comfy enough beds, water in the shower was wet, and the hot breakfast was served by very friendly people. I was disappointed to find that that rooms opened to the outdoors, and anytime somebody walked by we heard the full conversation and the sound of the wheels on their luggage. I would stay here again if a nicer place was not available. I am not picky -- just honest. This is an average hotel.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms require climbing stairs
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2012

I just love this hotel :) this is already fifth time I come here with my family. It's very nice here especially the pool and I love the food it's very delicious:) and it's nice too that this just a few minutes away from bush gardens :) I love love love love it

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Luska005
Reviewed 3 August 2012

We had a fun time at your hotel, my grandikids loved the pirate pool area, they did not want to leave to go back to bush gardens. we enjoyedbthe breakfast. It was very filling. The staff at registration were very friendly. Jennifer was the best, she remembered our face whence returned later in the eveningbto getbtowels (very friendly and polite). We would definitely stay arguing hotel again when we are in the Tampa area.

Room Tip: Book early so you get a room facing the pool, great view
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 August 2012

Okay, where should I start. First off if you are going to stay on the weekend you might want to make reservations, which I did not. I just thought with so many hotels in the area they would not be sold out. Our plans were to spend the day in Clearwater get a room there then head to Tampa the next morning for a few days a Busch Gardens and Adventure Island. When I saw the places in Clearwater lets just say I wasn't about to stay at any of them!!!! Yes there are resorts there but I wasn't looking to spend over $200 to sleep! When we arrived at the Clarion, the nice young lady informed me there were no rooms available with double beds.... yep just my luck I thought. I have never stayed anywhere else in Tampa but the Clarion and wasn't sure where to stay, I have 2 kids and didn't want to just stay anywhere. Jennifer, I think her name was, started calling around to see what was available in the area hotels that she would recommend. It seemed like almost everything was booked up. There was a Republican convention going on. Finally, I said we would just take King size room and we would all just have to manage sleeping together. Sure, I could have gone some where else and had a double room. Jennifer was able to find us something but I just feel safe at the Clarion and this is where I wanted to stay. Before I knew it she was on the phone with housekeeping having a roll away bed put in a room. We took the kids down the street for ice cream and when we arrived to our room there was the roll away bed, made and ready for one of the kids to climb into. To my surprise, both of the kids fit in it just fine. Housekeeping also brought us extra towels without having to be asked. The next night we were supposed to move to a double room next to the pool but instead decided to just keep the one we were in, it was comfortable and we already had out stuff in there so why move it? Breakfast is good, I would prefer to make my own waffles but I am not going to complain about that. Most places that have the waffle maker don't have all the things they do here.... sausage, hash browns, eggs, grits, oatmeal, toast, mini muffins, fresh fruit and of course cereal, coffee, milk and juice and its all included free! The pool area is wonderful, what a way to relax after a long day at the park!!! Thank you Jennifer for taking such good care of us and we will see you again in November!!!!

Room Tip: I have stayed in the pool side rooms and on the outside, both are quiet and spacious.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank michelle u
Travellers also viewed these Tampa hotels
Ramada Temple Terrace/Tampa North
Sleep Inn Near Busch Gardens/usf
La Quinta Inn Tampa Near Busch Gardens
Red Roof Inn Tampa Brandon
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens
West Wing Boutique Hotel

Been to Quality Inn & Conference Center Tampa? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Quality Inn & Conference Center Tampa

Address: 2701 E Fowler Ave, Tampa, FL 33612 (Formerly Clarion Hotel & Conference Center)
Region: United States > Florida > Tampa
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #97 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Price Range: £51 - £96 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Quality Inn & Conference Center Tampa 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Choice Hotels, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Quality Inn & Conference Center Tampa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Clarion Hotel And Conference Center