“Managers reception and landers steakhouse is great”

Econo Lodge Airport at Raymond James Stadium
Ranked #137 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 3 October 2011

We stayed at the Comfort Inn 2 nights and definitely coming back. The managers reception was great. Landers food great. and the staff are friendly and professional. Good job guys.!!!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank felipe c

Reviewed 6 September 2011

I stayed at this hotel unexpectedly when my plane out of Tampa was delayed until the next morning. I have had good luck with Comfort Inns, and this one was no exception. The bed was comfortable and clean, if a little sparse, but it was a good value for the money. It is not in the greatest neighborhood, and I didn't feel that comfortable going outside my room as a single female, but for one night, and for that price, it was MUCH better than some of the hotels I've visited in Tampa.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank phygem
Reviewed 29 August 2011

We booked to stay one night as were going to the bucs game. Drove down from orlando, room had a damp smell, and just was generally very worn and not up to scratch. didnt see any bugs but just did not feel comfortable at all and hardly slept - in fact had my son in with us until he settled as we just didnt like the room.

Restaurant next door, Landers was very nice, food plentiful and very reasonable.

Hotel pool was also not that clean.

All in all would not recommend you book here ....

Room Tip: Don't book it
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank JennyB18
Reviewed 13 August 2011

So its now 5am and i can't sleep. Reason... We checked in on the 12th of August ready for our annual family cruise! 10 of us stayed here between 4 rooms. My room seems to be "ok", but the rest of my family wasn't so lucky. After finding a shopping mall and going site seeing, my sister and her boyfriend returned to roaches taking over their room! On the walls, in the refrigerator, and in the tub. After complaining to the manager, they were moved 2 doors down from me. In the meantime, my cousin and her husband returned to ants taking over their room, and they were also moved. My aunt found a roach on her wall in her room but she chose to stick it out.
After my sister was moved, she still spotted a few baby roaches in the new room! This put us all in a situation of staying because it was so last minute, or trying to find another hotel that would off shuttle service to the cruise port. We are from another state and unfamiliar with the area and had no choice. Even though i never "saw" anything in my room, i still can't sleep because my skin is just crawling from what the rest of my family saw in there rooms. Now we take the risk of carrying the bugs on the boat and infesting our cabins!
But i can say that my room had torn carpet, visible flood stains, and a moldy smell. This is terrible and unacceptable! $100+ dollars for a traumatic stay.

Room Tip: Have your travel agent conduct a better search for yours and not just base it on price.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank cherrym33
Reviewed 11 July 2011

Old hotel. Wifi did not work, satellite TV kept going on the blink (due to the rain). Very dated and worn. Was supposed to stay 3 nights but went somewhere else after one. In a bad neighborhood.

The bed was comfy. The breakfast was good. Fairly clean.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank timcarla
Reviewed 28 June 2011

Previous reviews paint a good picture of this average motel. Not sure what happens when stuff is going on at the Stadium, but on a normal night, it's a pretty quite place is a pretty lonely "neighborhood." An older motel that's been receiving reasonable maintenance. Rooms and beds were fine for a mid-priced motel. Free breakfast was slightly above average for the chain because, as a previous reviewer noted, there was bacon! Shuttle bus to the airport was reasonably efficient, but it's about a 10 minute ride.

I think this place is a little cheaper than most comparable Tampa airport motels (no doubt because the location is slightly less desirable) so if cost is a consideration, it's more than a reasonable place to stay. Otherwise, I'm sure there are better airport motels nearby.

Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Dave's_reviews
Reviewed 6 April 2011

otherwise a better options can be found elsewhere. The pick-up crowd with coolers full of libations where all over the parking lot on the day of the Country Music concert the football stadium. If that is what you want to see and do this is the place to be. most Everyone there was there to have good time. Party place. A great place for what it is.

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank TOMMYNJ
Travellers also viewed these Tampa hotels
0 mi away
Tampa Stadium Airport Hotel
Suburban Extended Stay Hotel of Tampa - Airport West
Ramada Westshore Tampa Airport
2 mi away
Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Spruce Street
Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Memorial Hwy.
Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Westshore/Airport

Been to Econo Lodge Airport at Raymond James Stadium? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Econo Lodge Airport at Raymond James Stadium

Address: 4732 N Dale Mabry Hwy, Tampa, FL 33614-6509 (Formerly Comfort Inn Airport)
Region: United States > Florida > Tampa
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #137 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Price Range: £43 - £83 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Econo Lodge Airport at Raymond James Stadium 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Choice Hotels, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Econo Lodge Airport at Raymond James Stadium reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Comfort Inn Airport At Rj Stadium Hotel Tampa