“Nice place with airport shuttle”

Econo Lodge Airport at Raymond James Stadium
Ranked #138 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Friendly staff, and very helpful in arranging airport shuttle. Wake-up service and shuttle were both timely and courteous. International Mall is close by, and many restaurants close by. However the restaurant next door was closed. Room was quiet and clean.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Christina A, Manager at Econo Lodge Airport at Raymond James Stadium, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Kind Regards,
Christina Armstrong
Bay Hotel llc
Operations Manager
Comfort Inn

Reviewed 26 June 2013

The room had an odor. The first room they gave us, the lights and radio did not work so they gave us another room. There was mold on the walls, the carpets were filthy. There were no outlets to use and the refrigerator, microwave and TV and lights etc. were all run by extention cords..fire hazzard to say the least. I couldnt plug in my computer and when I did use it on battery power, it was so slow I couldnt get on. Breakfast was terrible and not well kept up. They obviously had a delivery and all the food was just sitting there in boxes..yogurt, butter, etc. all stuff that needed refridgeration just sitting there. coffe was luke warm. I did not feel safe there and I would NOT stay there again.

2  Thank Linda F
Reviewed 20 June 2013

This is in a very bad part of town. The motel room stunk! I heard yelling at 1:00 a.m. in the morning. I would never stay there again. I would sleep in my car first. My wife being a blonde I was afraid for her walking around. It was difficult to use the computer, because the same teenager was on it all the time. Also while I was at the front desk there was a person that claimed he had lost his key to the room. The clerk had ask to see his identification and asked his name.
He did not submit either one. The clerk asked him to leave, then he did. Obviously trying to get into somebodies room that wasn't his.

Reviewed 15 May 2013

This motel consists of a sprawling complex of multiple, older (60's style) buildings along Dale Mabry highway, about 10 minutes from the Tampa Internatinoal Airport. It's not fancy, but it delivers decent value at a good price.

Although the buildings have that two story 60's look, the interior of my room was clean and reasonably upgraded. The climate control unit was a newer model and worked fine. The room had two double beds, which left little room for the small round cocktail table that was in the room, and which served as the only available work area. There was a small fridge, with a typical motel-style bathroom setup - sink in the guest room itself, with the toilet and tub/shower in a separate room. The shower delivered a strong stream of hot water, and the bathroom itself was clean.

I do not know about the safety of the nieighborhood, and while I didn't feel unsafe in the neighborhood or on the property, I did find myself being a bit extra cautious as I walked from my building to another building to purchase a soda from a vending machine. A bit of shouting from another room our outside (I don't know which) was heard at one point, but overall, my stay was adequately quiet.

Check-in and check-out were handled efficiently by a pleasant staff member.

I booked this motel because of its proximity to the Tampa International Airport and the rate and felt that I received proper value and comfort. As a top-tier member of the Choice Privileges frequent guest program, I stay at a lot of Comfort Inns, and those who stay frequently at Comfort Inn know that quality and value within the brand vary widely from one property to the next. I would rate this one as "average," and it was decent enough such that I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms in the rear buildings, farther away from the street, are probably more quiet than those near b...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank step12dude
Reviewed 7 May 2013

This motel is a bargain price with free breakfast, shuttle pick up from the airport and friendly, helpful staff. The hotel is old, and could use updating a lot, but was clean. There is a diner within walking distance and it was so reasonable with homemade food and open 24 hours a day. It is near the RJ Stadium and Steinbrenner field. The pool was spotless in a small area near the main check in area. The carpet was old so was the furniture, but sheets, and bathroom were clean. I was concerned at first, but checked it out as far as no critters anywhere and room linens were clean, so for the money it was OK. You wouldn't want to spend days there, but for an overnight for a game or to the cruise port, it would do for the price. Not a luxury hotel to spend a vacation at, just in and out for a stop and go to your next destination of choice.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank WoodbridgeFoodfan
Reviewed 30 April 2013

I stayed here once before and had an ehh stay. We were here for Yankees Spring Training, and honestly, we weren't really worried about our hotel considering we weren't going to spend much time there. This year, it got 10 times worse. When we checked in a 5pm our room wasn't ready, 45 minutes later, they gave us a room in the back corner of the property, across from a dark staircase covered in caution tape. We go in the room, there's 4 or 5 cigarette burns in the comforters and the toilet's clogged. We go to the front desk to complain, at least 3 other people are there complaining of plumbing issues. We checked out immediately, went down the road 5 minutes to the Tampa Marriott Westshore and had a great experience. Never again would I even consider staying here.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank mbg996
Reviewed 16 April 2013

& THOSE ARE KIND WORDS.....not much more i can say...scary to walk on the carpet, wouldn't eat there, stood on a towel in the shower.....changed rooms 3 times & each was omg! would have left, but was prepaid by choiceprivileges.com...& they will hear about it too! not a great part of town....they had airport shuttle & parking....which i needed.

Room Tip: Please don't stay there...dirty dirtier dirtiest!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business