“Horrible Service”

Ranked #131 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
“Horrible Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

On November 15, 2013 my wife and I checked in to the Comfort Inn Airport at RJ Stadium (FL724) in Tampa, FL. First of all let me say that the pictures presented when booking the hotel were a bit deceiving! At approximately 1:15 am while my wife and I were sound asleep, we heard a loud thump and realized that it was someone trying to get into our room. The most disturbing part was that the person had a key to the room. Luckily we had our security latch on the door so the person could not get all the way in. I told the person that they had the wrong room, but this situation could have been a lot worse if I was driving my own personal vehicle (if you know what I mean). Anyway, I waited about 5 to 10 minutes to see if the front desk would call me, but they didn't so I called them and the desk attendant told me that it was a mix up and that she would handle it.......???????
About 7:30am after staying up the rest of the morning I went to the front desk to speak with the Manager and was told that the manager was not there and I explained the situation to the person at the desk and she assured me that the manager would call me. At approximately 10:30am the morning of the 16th the Manager called me, and I again explained the situation to her and she told me that she was investigating the incident and stated that for my inconvenience she would give me a night for free. I told her that what she offered was an insult and that I would be speaking to someone else when I got back home and then she proceeded to tell me that she would give me both nights free and that was all that she could do. Her whole phone etiquette during our conversation seemed to be uninterested and disconcerted.
Well over the course of the remaining day and the next morning my room was entered 3 more times! After speaking with the manager, my wife and I left the room for some much needed relief and we left the do not disturb sign on the door. When we returned the sign was gone and our room had been entered and cleaned like housekeeping had been there. Already frustrated we decided not to make a big deal of it. Around 2:30pm we were lying in bed taking a nap when all of a sudden the door flies open again with the security latch catching it. I jumped out of bed and ran to the door and looked out and there were two carts sitting there; one that was full of what appeared to be dirty towels, and the other something else. There was no one manning the carts so I figured they walked away so that we wouldn’t see who they were. Again I contacted the front desk and got the usual unconcerned apology. The last and final straw was the morning of November the 17th about 8:30am with us still in the bed (which I was completely uncovered) without any acknowledgement beforehand (no knocking, this is housekeeping or nothing) housekeeping just burst in the door again with the security latch on and a chair posted under the handle of the door………..just laughed and closed the door back. This time we didn’t even get an apology from the front desk.
This entire stay was horrific and very demoralizing. Oh and I didn’t mention that the Wi-Fi registered the entire time as out of range. Most of my travel whether business or leisure always lands me in a Choice Privileges Hotel, but this by far was the worst stay ever!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Attleboro
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

I just stayed here this past week. The room was terrible. It ranked right next to the worst place I have ever stayed in. When I first walked in the light switch turned the clock on and off, not the lights. I found a power strip hooked into the outlet for the lights. They had two lights and the clock hooked into the power strip. The noise both inside and outside the room was frustrating. The dorm size refrigerator ran all night with a hum. The hotel next door had it's Air Conditioning units humming away for most of the night. Inside the room they sounded like a leave blower in the parking lot. They should have been shielded by the Comfort Inn to cut out the sound. The TV channels were inconsistent, some clear, some fuzzy. The wireless internet did not work. When I flushed the toilet about half of the #!!! stayed in the toilet. I had to hold the handle down for the duration of the flush to flush it completely. I then noticed the bottom of the toilet was caulked around the base. No way this should be. When I went to take a shower and adjust the temperature the water was coming out the spout and shower head. I tried pulling the button on the spout to stop it from coming out the shower until the temp was adjusted, but the button was stuck in the half way position. So, took a shower at half pressure. The light fixtures that were suppose to have three way bulbs had simple sixty watt bulbs. I should have left the room, but was just too tired to move. It was clean, but the lack of maintenance was atrocious. Also, the security gates off the side road it faces were suppose to be closed at night. They were open at 4:30 AM when I left, so I don't think they were ever closed. I left so early because of the noise of the hotel AC units next door and room refrigerator made it impossible to sleep. I preferred to stay at the airport early than spend any more time in this room.

Room Tip: If you are going to stay there anyways, make sure you have a room on the left side of the front buil...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

This is an old & very basic hotel, but the price reflects this. It is within walking distance of the Raymond James Stadium & we we're able to leave our car at the hotel while we we're at the game. I was a bit worried after reading some of the reviews, but it was fine for one night.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Carol B
Fort Myers, Florida, USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

This is the perfect hotel to stay in if you are in town to attend a football game. Short walk to the game and no parking hassles.

The staff was very friendly. The rooms were clean but the carpet felt slightly damp and rooms had a mildew-type smell to them. Great for a short trip.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Patricia C
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

This is easily the most disgusting, smelly and repulsive hotel I've ever been in. Ever. The rooms are filthy. The carpets are oddly slick and dirty. Mold on the walls. A TV that is at least 15 years old. I hope I get through this whole review, the stink is making me dizzy.

The shower. So filthy I'd rather roll around in a vat of dead prostitutes than get in there.

If you need a place so scary and gross that you can stay a night in order to win a bet with a friend based on who can tolerate a whole evening, this dump is for you.

Otherwise don't stay here for any length of time or for any reason.

• Stayed September 2013
Titusville, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

Was in town for a football game and needed a place to stay for one night. Nice suite with refrigerator, microwave, coffee pot, couch and table. Was just right for the price we paid. Plenty of places to eat nearby. 15 minutes to R.J. stadium. Free breakfast in the morning. Nothing special, but quick and easy. Good deal on HW.

Room Tip: Make sure you specify one or two beds at check in. There was my son and I and the guy gave us a ro...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Ray T
Christina A, General Manager at Econo Lodge Airport at Raymond James Stadium, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Dear Mr. Ray T,

I would like to thank you for your recent visit to the Comfort Inn-Raymond James Stadium. It was truly a pleasure to serve you. I hope that the accommodations and service were to your liking, as complete satisfaction is our goal at The Comfort Inn. I hope to see you at the next Bucs game next year.

Kind Regards,
Christina Armstrong
Bay Hotel llc
Operations Manager
Comfort Inn
8138746700.
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

Very friendly and helpful staff, especially Cathie who was working the front desk during check-in. The room was very clean and quiet and very spacious with coffee maker, small refrigerator,microwave, cable TV and free Internet access. The senior rate was very nice too. The hotel is within a short walk to very good Mom and Pop restaurants as well as the stadium for the Tampa Yankees and NY Yankees spring training.
I will definitely stay here again the next time I am in Tampa.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Christina A, Manager at Econo Lodge Airport at Raymond James Stadium, responded to this review, 30 August 2013
Tom H.,
Thank you so much to take the time out and rate our hotel a 5 on Tripadvisor. We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. I let Cathie of the great review you gave her and she is so excited to see you guys next year.

Kind Regards,