“Should be a pay by the hour motel.”

Econo Lodge Airport at Raymond James Stadium
Ranked #133 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Monroe, Michigan
“Should be a pay by the hour motel.”
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Comfort inns should be ashamed of letting this motel put their name on the sign. The room was in need of a total redo, the whole motel was. The little refrigerator was falling through the cabinet that it was in because the bottom was rotting away. This is the worst motel that I have stayed in.DO NOT STAY HERE.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank ladamd
Anig S, General Manager at Econo Lodge Airport at Raymond James Stadium, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding stay on your recent visit. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests; therefore we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations
Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

The bedding was smelly. We had a leaky toilet with ugly stains. The worst part was arriving at 8pm and encountering a line of customers with one staff who preferred taking phone calls instead of dealing with live customers. They needed a second desk person for people checking in so we waited 30 minutes even though our room was already booked. The Room also was musty and humid. Even the coffee maker was covered with dirt. We paid over 100 to live in prison quality conditions.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Please let me sincerely apologize to you regarding your experience with us during your stay. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I'm very sorry you were not satisfied with the cleanliness of the room. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.
LA PLATA
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Stayed at this hotel (Comfort Inn at RJ Stadium, Tampa) last week Feb 2014. The property is really run down and needs repairs, the walls are cracking and the bathroom smells of mold. The breakfast buffet was pretty good and the dining room hostess was very pleasant - and hard working. SECURITY ISSUE - I was sleeping and about 1:00am a man opened my door and tried to get in. Luckily I had the door bolt latched and the door only opened about 4 inches - scared the $#iT out of me. I quickly lunged for the door, closed the door and called the front desk and spoke to Gina. She said sorry, she would take care of it and that it was a "Security Check." I said the man had no badge, no uniform, and no security/police car. And there was no call prior to entering my room. And I heard no knocking. She said they thought the room was empty/dirty and were going to use it for an elderly lady checking in who needed a first floor room. I asked if the maid staff were on duty at 1am in the morning, "no" was the answer, and then asked so what were you going to do with a dirty room and why no call ahead of time. And oh by the way, I just called the front desk less than two hours prior, same person -Gina-, and coordinated for a "wake-up" call. So how could the room have been empty???? I will never stay there again, and recommend that you don't either.

Room Tip: Tip - don't choose a room here.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Thomas J
Anig S, General Manager at Econo Lodge Airport at Raymond James Stadium, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Please allow me to apologize for the incident you described in your review of your recent stay with us. I brought this incident to all the Department Heads to investigate and ensuring the incident will be avoided in the future. Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback.
We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations.
UK
Reviewed 25 February 2014

This is quite the worst hotel I've ever stayed in in the US! We arrived late in the evening after driving up from Naples and were dismayed by the drab reception area and the sour-faced receptionist - Kathy; everything seemed to be too much trouble. Having booked a non-smoking room we were told that the room we'd been allocated was 'Smoking'; when we refused to accept this, the only non-smoking room available was on the top floor and there was no lift, or offer of help with the baggage - we are two seniors. Our room was dingy and smelled of damp - really quite awful. We paid $20 for the shuttle to take us to the cruise terminal the following morning and were told to be in reception at 11.15: the shuttle arrived at about 12.15 and we learned that the shuttle that was supposed to pick up other passengers arriving at the cruise terminal earlier that morning (which had been paid for) didn't arrive at all, and they had to take a taxi!
To sum up - our experience at this Comfort Inn was WOEFUL, including the revolting breakfast bacon and egg, and we would NEVER stay at a Comfort Inn again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I'm very sorry you were not satisfied with the cleanliness of the room as well as the transportation service. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Respectfully,
Comfort Inn
Perth Amboy, New Jersey
Reviewed 23 February 2014

We stayed at this place for one night and I had huge bed bugs on my sheets after seeing two of them crawling across my chest it was soooo disgusting and my husband was bit many times we had to throw out our clothes ...it was horrible I have been traveling many years NEVER had a problem. ,..I would never stay in this place again ps the room number was 557 I case they give I this room you better check real good

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Gina S, General Manager at Econo Lodge Airport at Raymond James Stadium, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Thank you for your contribution to the Tripadvisor community, unfortunately we do not think your review is accurate for our property, as we do not have a room 557. We do hope that the Tripadvisor community notes that this inaccurate information is to be noted towards the terms and conditions.
Easton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 13 February 2014

The shuttle was a bit slow...more on FL time, I guess. When I stepped out at the hotel, a broken wire in the chair tore my pants. The people are very friendly and helpful. Our room was quiet-sort of. At 1:00 am the little cockroaches got hungry and began look for food in our stuff. So that ended the good sleep. The room was clean-ish, but should have been better. We were going to stay on the return side of our trip, but chose to go somewhere clean. My words to Comfort Inn that I often use for business and personal travel, "you can do better than this!"

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Gina S, Manager at Econo Lodge Airport at Raymond James Stadium, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time out to write a review of our hotel.
Please let me start by sincerely apologizing for your experience during your stay with us.
I brought this up to the hotel so that they can avoid the same issue in the future. We strives to provide exemplary service, and I am sorry to learn that in this case, we fell short. I know they share our vision of providing the best guest experience possible.

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us and do hope your next stay will live up to the standards you have come to expect when staying at one of our properties.

Cordially,
Gina S.
Macomb, Michigan
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Waked in and was amazed at how dirty the room was. Toilet had not been cleaned for weeks or longer. Small Bugs all over sink coffee pot and glasses. Large bugs (possibly cockroaches) crawling on garbage pail and up walls. Stained and burned comforters (even though It was a non-smoking room Drawers with no tracks in dresser type cabinet. Need I say more? We did not stay, opted to sleep at airport instead rather than take a chance in this room!

Room Tip: We asked for a refund and did get it.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Kim G
Gina S, Manager at Econo Lodge Airport at Raymond James Stadium, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding stay on your recent visit. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests; therefore we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. It dissatisfies me to know that you were inconvenienced with the condition and unacceptable cleanliness of the room you received. I wish you had informed my staff or me about your dissatisfaction and give us a chance to do some changes on your accommodation

Cordially,