“Loved the Room - it was sooo BIG”

Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor Historic District
Ranked #21 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Tampa, Fl
“Loved the Room - it was sooo BIG”
Reviewed 1 March 2012

We stayed here for Girls Night Out, we live in town but did not want to drive home after being on 7th' all night. The hotel is more money than I normally like to spend per night, but location was prefect and the night a special occasion. We had a suite I think; two queen beds and a living room with a sectional sofa. The room was HUGE, felt like a small apartment, we could have partied in the room, but was looking too cute and needed to hit the town. Everything was clean and nice. My only complaint would be I think the bed's sheet and comfortor are one peice; at some point in the night I wanted just a sheet, but I could not find it.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Reviewed 23 February 2012

Situated in the heart of Ybor City, within 5 min walk to 7th Ave bars, restaurants and shops, this is a great location for those looking for more of a party-filled trip.

The hotel is newish, clean and has comfy adjustable beds. And of course HGI's free daily fresh baked cookies at the front desk. There's also a convenient 24/7 pantry for any forgotten items.

BUT there was one major flaw with my room....the walls were paper thin. I could literally hear every word, snore, sneeze, phone call and TV show as if the person was in my bathroom.The rooms feature adjoining doors but I could also just hear the person through my wall.

If that isn't an issue for you then this is a perfectly fine property.

Room Tip: Make sure you hit the Taco Bus downtown for killer Mexican
2 Thank Jeff F
Gainesville, Georgia
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Stayed there on Saturday night before our cruise. The location could not be better, you can walk to great bars and restaurants.Mostly safe at night especially if you are in a group.The front desk needs desperately to do customer service training. These desk clerks could care less if you are coming or going. They are just there for a paycheck, and not very nice at all.
The rooms we has and we had 2. We were on the 4th floor. rooms great and very comfortable beds. Rooms very clean.
Breakfast was good and the wait staff very helpful and nice.
We were hesitant to leave our bags in the car overnight so we took them up to our rooms. The morning after breakfast went up to our rooms to leave for the port
guess what ,NO ELEVATOR!!!!!! It was out of order , had to bring bags down 4 flights of stairs.Once again we went to the front desk to see how long they thought it would take for repair, they just looked at you and shrugged. Finally the bus driver and another worker helped us take some of the bags down .
Once again we saw no sign of bugs.The hotel was clean and in a good location.Just horrible service!!!!

Fredericksburg, VA
Reviewed 19 February 2012

I was here two nights on business and had a good experience. I chose it mainly because a) it was easily accessible from the airport and easy to drive to the convention center (where parking was only $5), and b) it saved almost $300 over two nights instead of staying next to the convention center. This property was the most "Hampton Inn-like" HGI I've seen, probably because of a smaller overall size and footprint, but nothing wrong with that. Staff was great, rooms and everything were fine. It is walkable to many restaurants in the Ybor area.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 18 February 2012

I stay at a lot of Hampton Inns and Hilton Garden Inns and in Ybor City Tampa both were the same price so i went with the Garden and I am glad I did.

My room was on the 4th floor--the mattress was so comfortable, felt like a Temprapedic. And the carpet was brand new and nice. The hall carpet was also new.

The pool was nice though NOT heated as stated by the hotel. And the hot tub was tepid as best.

As others have said, the front desk staff do their job but are not particulary nice.

Great to be so close to central Ybor.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
Newmarket, Ontario
Reviewed 9 February 2012

First time staying here. Not much on the pro side, but a few cons. Cons: first off, as another reviewer pointed out, there are bugs (cockroaches?) in the rooms. I was on the first floor and saw these little creatures every day I was there (4 nights)! Also, I felt the maid was sloppy and careless with her work. Towels just sort of thrown on the counter top. A defective sink was ignored for 2 days. The reception you receive at the front desk is mixed. Some nice, some not so nice. Most of the staff would turn or look away from you when you walked by the desk. This was in contrast to some of the warm receptions I get at other hotels. The gym is very small (2 treadmills). The eggs served for the buffet breakfast were terrible. Be sure to ask them to make you fresh eggs. The servers for breakfast were very nice and accommodating.
Pros: hmmm location I guess. Not much else comes to mind. I unfortunately won't stay here again when I am next in Tampa.

Palm City, Florida
Reviewed 7 February 2012

We spent the past weekend at The Hilton and I am pleased to report that everything was fantastic! The staff was helpful, the rooms were super clean, ver nice and affordable. You can't find a better location. Every Saturday there is a farmers market across the street. We didn't need to drive anywhere all weekend. Great place to get a couple rooms and have a group meet for a weekend of fun and relaxation. The entertainment around is FAB and all in walking distance. Highly reccomended