“Very Satisfied”

Ranked #20 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Florence, AL
“Very Satisfied”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Stayed three nights in this hotel while attending a wedding. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. Rooms are clean, quiet and comfortable. The area around hotel was safe and well-lit.

It would have been a tad on the pricey side had it not been for the government employee rate, but it was well-worth what I paid. It is within easy walking distance of historic Ybor.

One minor complaint: It is hot in Tampa in August (obviously) and the a/c in our room had a tough time keeping up. The room temperature hovered around 72-74 during the day despite my setting the thermostat on 66.

Other than that, I can't imagine a better place to stay if you are visiting Ybor. Thanks to the staff for a great stay. I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Edward C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor Historic District, responded to this review, 22 August 2013
Thank you for your comments and feedback of our hotel. As soon as I read "very satisfied" as the title I had a good feeling. Our HVAC works on double duty when the summer is in full swing witht the hot temperatures and high humidity. We have trained our staff to leave the temperature lower when they depart the rooms and I apologize that it was not sufficient for your stay. I hope that you enjoyed the wedding and once again thank you and thank you for sharing feedback about our hotel.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Palm Coast, Florida
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I have stayed at the Ybor City/Tampa Fl. Hilton Garden Inn numerous times starting in 2010. The hotel staff is always friendly and ready to help if needed. I have never had any bad experiences at the hotel and highly recommend it both for business or pleasure.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

I was very pleased to read your comments, I will certainly share them with our staff during our daily stand up meeting and it will make their day for sure. It feels good to know that our hard work pays off and thank you for your comments, we hope to see you again very soon.
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Located a block from the historical district made a perfect walk between the hotel and the district. We enjoyed a lovely room. Decor and cleanliness were top notch. The pool was lovely. The staff was pleasant and helpful and made our stay excellent.

• Stayed August 2013
Edward C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor Historic District, responded to this review, 21 August 2013
Thank you for your positive comments about our hotel and mentioning some specifics about our cleanliness, that is of my utmost concern as a hotel manager and to read your comments and to see it through your eyes is very important to me. Thank you and we hope to see you again.
Pensacola, United States
Reviewed 5 August 2013

The hotel is in a great location, only two blocks from the main strip but far enough away that you don't get hear the THUMPA THUMPA THUMPA from the clubs at night. The staff was friendly, the rooms clean, spacious, and (very important) quiet. Also, there's an excellent Irish pub a short distance away with friendly staff and excellent food if you don't want to go too far.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Edward C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor Historic District, responded to this review, 8 August 2013
Thank you for your review and mentioning the areas features. That Irish pub gets many of our people that we refer over there coming back telling us how great it was so I appreciate your feedback and will mention it to the owners over there. We are in a great location and I am glad that you were able to rest. We hope that you come and see us again.
Pembroke Pines, Florida
Reviewed 1 August 2013

We went to Tampa for the Bar Exam and tried to get a nice hotel not too far away and took a chance on this one--boy am I glad we did. The staff was the best I've seen, the room was spacious and extremely clean, and the business services (fax, print, WiFi) were ALL included at no charge. The breakfast buffet offered was fantastic (a little pricey) and room service was available for dinner (one of the best burgers I've ever had!) at a very reasonable price. I wish we could have stayed another week to explore Ybor City.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank magymay65
I was bowled over by your review and I could not thank you enough for your specific comments and you taking the time out to tell others about how you felt about our hotel. I truly hope that you come see us again and I hope that you did well on your exam!
Boca Raton, United States
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We loved this hotel! I was looking for a hotel to stay at the night before our cruise departed out of the port of Tampa...this one was perfect! We were able to park the car at the hotel and walk around downtown. Walked to dinner and breakfast in the morning. The hotel staff was friendly and decor was inviting.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

2 Thank Leslie G
Thank you for taking the time to write a trip advisor review about our hotel and our location. We are in a great area for your described trip and I am truly grateful that you mentioed our friendly staff. Please come see us again on your next cruise out of beautiful Tampa Bay!
United States
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Awesome stay. Easy in easy out and loved local amenities. Staff was excellent and very helpful. Stayed three nights and was originally only set up for two, but since everything was good decided to book another night.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business

2 Thank Chris W
Nobody appreciates your comments more than I do! When you said excellent staff I could not agree with you more. Since I took over this hotel two weeks ago I have found one gem after another, all work hard to ensure our guests are well taken care of and thank you again for making mention of that. I truly hope that you come and see us again.