“Wonderful staff and location”

Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor Historic District
Ranked #21 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Scotch Plains, NJ, United States
“Wonderful staff and location”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Every member of the staff we encountered were very friendly, professional, and helpful. All areas inside were clean and well maintained. My only detraction was not having the peace of mind from an in-room safe.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank James R
Edward C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor Historic District, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Thank you for your comments and describing our staff as wonderful, I have to totally agree with you! I get a chance to speak with each staff memeber daily at our stand up meeting and we discuss comments such as yours. I give them all of the credit, I also explain to them that we are in the service business and making an impact on your stay enough for you to compliment them is a big deal for all of us. Thank you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Altoona, United States
Reviewed 7 October 2013

The hotel is well located, modern, attractive, well maintained, and professionaly staffed. The only issue with it was an apparant lack of insulation between the rooms; I heard a clock radio on one side, and a person's conversation on the other.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

1 Thank Gregorio L S
Thank you for your review and specific comments about our hotel. Thank you for pointing out the modern design, it helps to hear that the makeover was worth it! As far as our staff being professional that helps to hear that our staff is appreciated. As far as noise from other guests being in the hotel industry since 1995 that is the single most complaint that we cannot change other than contacting the surrounding rooms which we would gladly do for you if this should happen again in the future. We hope to see you again!
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 October 2013

This is an average hotel in the Hilton chain. Whether because of the location or the proximity to a local college, there seems to be a disconnect between realistic pricing at the bar and restaurant and what they are charging [$7.00 per shot for whiskey and $9.95 for eggs at breakfast]. Also, the hours of operation for the bar miss out on the business that would be generated if they were open at time of check-in, especially on Saturday afternoon.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your comments and being specific. We do truly read these comments and I share them with my department managers and I instruct them to take all of these comments seriously. If a consumer feels strongly enough to share their comments we have to listen. We have modified our bar hours to open earlier on Fridays and Saturdays. As far as the breakfast price we feel that our value for a buffet and a hot cooked to order breakfast is well worth $9.95. Where else can you have an omelette, pancakes, waffles and whatever other breakfast items you want? Unlimited all you can eat!!! And I have to tell you I frequent our breakfast area and it is very good quality. As far as shot prices we spoke about you in our managers meeting and we think we remember the shot you ordered was a top shelf shot. Our prices are in line with the bars and restaurants in our area and I am sorry you feel that it was expensive.
Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at this hotel for approximately 20 years. We stopped staying at the hotel because the hotel staff that we knew very well left the hotel and the hotel really started to deteriorate. Since then, we decided to stay and were pleasantly surprised as the hotel has been beautifully remodeled and the new hotel staff are quite friendly. This hotel will continue to remain our home away from home.

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you for your comments and thank you for letting us know that we turned your original opinion about us around. We took part in what our brand calls "Project Grow" which was a complete transformation of our lobby. I have worked with the brand since 2006 and I have to tell you that this transformation was great! Modern, enjoyable and comfortable! We appreciate the feedback and look forward to you enjoying us for years to come, welcome back!
Bonita springs
Reviewed 4 October 2013

great room, good service; the front desk helped for restaurant ideas; room was big and clean, comfortable beds; would definitely come again if staying in Ybor City in Tampa; close to everything. The pool is clean and a great hot tub; rooms are big; great shower.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your review and the specific comments about our hotel for future travelers. It helps to see our hotel through your eyes and perspective and we hope to see you back at our hotel in the future.
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I recently stayed here the night before my wedding and I had my wedding ceremony in the courtyard. All of the staff was wonderful and very accommodating. I was pleasantly surprised at the suite my friend and I stayed in the night before the wedding. It was spacious and very comfortable. The price was great too. The staff remembered my husband and I the next morning and said congrats again. Breakfast was nice and I had an overall wonderful experience.

If you want a small intimate place for a wedding ceremony, I highly recommend contacting Michelle or Raquel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for the positive review and the kind words about Michelle, Raquel and our staff. I have taken over this hotel in July and have found the staff to be outstanding and your comments have solidified my opinion! We truly hope that you have a successful marriage and we are glad that you chose our hotel to be the host to your special occasion. We hope to see you on anniversaries to come.
Perry, Georgia
Reviewed 30 September 2013

The rooms were nice and the staff was friendly. It is within easy walking distance to 7th Street where the entertainment and restaurants are. The rooms are clean and relatively quiet. I do wish they had told me about the $9.00 fee for parking in their parking lot. The bill was under the door the next morning. I would stay there again but expect to pay for any extras?

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Edward C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor Historic District, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel and the specific comments you mentioned about our hotel. It does help to see the experience through your eyes. I personally live by the comments good or otherwise, your perception is our reality and starting at this hotel just in July I am working with the staff and my department managers to see this clearer. We obviously missed the boat in telling you about charging for parking. We have it posted on our website and reservation confirmation, I realize that you could have booked directly over the phone or walked in and I only have limited information about your stay. I will work with the staff to better communicate these charges for future guests, we also give you a display parking pass that you sign for and it seems we missed that also. I do hope that you come see us again.