Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor Historic District
US$185
Sailport Waterfront Suites(Tampa)
US$185
US$168
All reviewsgreat locationtwo blockswalking distancerestaurants and barsnight lifecolumbia restaurantnice hotelper nightcomfortable roompleasant staybreakfast buffetwould highly recommend this hotelfront desk staffconvention centercruise portfree shuttlehgi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 July 2008

Stayed here with 3 friends to explore Ybor district and check out RedBull Flugtag. Easy access off the highway and just 2-3 blocks from the bars and restaurants of central Ybor, but far enough away that no noise or riff-raff was near the hotel. Everything seemed very new - fridge in room, flat screen TVs in room and lobby, etc. Breakfast served until 11am in the lobby but $10 per person was not great. $9 for overnight parking. Staff was very friendly. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with friends
1  Thank Coachdonovan
Reviewed 28 March 2008

I stayed for one night at the Ybor city location. The weekend was St Patricks weekend. The check-in staff was fun and friendly. The management was very outgoing. The room was excellent. I had a king and it had 2 32 inch LCD tv's. The free high speed internet was a plus. The hotel had free wireless that reached out to their courtyard and to their pool area. The breakfast in the morning was good quality for the small area. The pool had plenty of chairs to lounge by the pool. The location was great, just one block from all the action. The bed was very comforatable. I would recommend this location to others and will stay their again when in the area.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 11 December 2007

This is a very nice, clean, hotel that maintains the standards I've come to expect from a Hilton Garden Inn. However, travelers should be aware that it is not necessarily the best place for a family vacation. We brought our young kids to Tampa to visit Busch Gardens, figuring we'd take them to the Columbia restaurant in Ybor City the night before. While I never felt unsafe, there were a number of homeless people in the area who seemed to find the hotel's lobby area an attractive place to rest.

I went to the lobby early on Sunday morning (5:30) to get some coffee, and a fairly unkempt man with a backpack was sleeping (upright) on the sofa, trying to look as though he was watching TV in front of the fire. This didn't really bother me, as it was cold outside, but I was a little disconcerted by the sight of a large Bowie knife strapped to his leg. Another man who appeared to be homeless and a little strung-out was drinking something amber-colored out of a diet Pepsi bottle.

I didn't expect the clerk to throw them out, but I didn't feel inclined to linger on the sofa next to them, either. While I was pouring my coffee (which the nice clerk brewed for me on request), a couple of inebriated transvestites walked in the door looking to buy or bum cigarettes. They were very friendly, but I was still on guard because of the early hour and the fact that the young desk clerk didn't appear to offer me much protection.

With that said, the hotel's pool facility was great, as was breakfast the next morning. Rooms are clean and quiet. Staff was pleasant and helpful. As the hotel is so close to a prime nightlife zone , I'd definitely stay here again on another trip -- without the kids.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 16 April 2007

We stayed here because I had to come to Tampa to have surgery. This hotel offered us a discount through my surgeons office. It was a nice hotel. The room was a bit overcrowded with furniture, but other than that very much a Hilton property.
We did have to pay for parking, which was not expected. There are not ice machines or vending on the first floor. Those were the only drawbacks. Other than that, everyone was very nice and helpful.
We ate at The Columbia our first night and it was a fun experience. I would recommend it even if it was a bit pricey. Good food, fun dancing show!

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank peekacho_2000
Reviewed 17 May 2006

Normally I stay at Hilton Garden Inn's when possible--as they are typcally new and have good service. Not here. HH Diamond, was given smallest room possible, very rude check-in person, not a great area to stay at all. Police station down the street (you know what that means), not a good safe place at all. Dirty room and chairs. Again, I can easily take my biz elsewhere and next time I will. Completely disappointed in staff and attitude.

• Stayed: May 2006, travelled on business