“Old town ambience in a modern hotel”

Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor Historic District
Ranked #22 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 15 December 2013

A very good hotel which is ideally situated to explore Ybor City and beyond. Right from our initial check-in all of the staff have been very friendly and efficient. The bedroom was very well appointed and quiet and the excellent cook to order breakfast started the day perfectly. The hotel is very close to the street car which goes from Ybor City to downtown Tampa and gives you the opportunity to see things like the Aquarium or take a game or concert in the Times Forum stadium

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Edward C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2013

Thank you for reviewing our property and being a senior contributor to Trip Advisor. I appreciate you pointing out specifics about the area and about the hotel. I especially appreciate you complimenting the food and stating that it was the perfect way to start your day, as not only a hotel operator we are also restaurant operators and we take pride in putting together a nice cooked to order buffet. I spoke to our guests eating just this morning and they were echoing your comments so thank you!

Reviewed 9 December 2013

Rather than stay in downtown Tampa, I stay here in Ybor where there's more to do within walking distance and interesting crowds. This hotel is well-staffed, clean, safe and has good business amenities. Desk staff is first rate for this level of hotel. Parking is easy;drive into downtown is very easy. Good value breakfast and a welcoming bar. No full service restaurant for dinner.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Michael M
Edward C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Thank you for your second review on trip advisor and choosing our hotel for your travels to downtown Tampa. Thank you for the specifics about our property and I was happy to see your positive comments about our cleanliness and restaurant. For dinner we have scaled down our menu a bit (but we do still offer dinner and room service) as competing with all of the great restaurants in the area is a tall order, so again we offer a limited dinner menu. Thanks again and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 5 December 2013

My wife and I stopped in looking for a nice place to rest and refuel after a long day on the road. Raquel at the front desk found us a room for the night while Ralph in the bar took care of our thirst and appetites I'm not sure who was in the kitchen but our food was prepared quickly and tasted fantastic. Everyone, from Ed-the manager on down, did everything they could to ensure we were comfortable and had anything we needed. This hotel goes above and beyond the already high standards of HGI!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your review! I especially enjoyed seeing specific names that you interacted with! I preach to my staff the high importance of guest service and I tell them that if a guest remembers your name when they get back home they truly made an impact! We can see that this was the case for you and for you to express this on trip advisor means the world to us, so thank you and please know that you made our day!

Reviewed 2 December 2013

The hotel was beautiful and very clean for a reasonable price. Staff was friendly, bright, and helpful. It's located in downtown Tampa, a very neat area. I recommend this hotel to anyone seeking a hotel in the area. You should note that you do have to pay to park your car in the parking lot, and there is no complimentary breakfast. But I think that's the case with most of the hotels in the area. A beautiful and clean place to stay!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Edward C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Thank you for your review of our property. Many people that I interact with feel as you do about our area and I have to concur as well, it is really a great area! Thank you for mentioning the parking and breakfast costs to other travelers. We have a hot cooked to order buffet breakfast and at $9.95 there is not a better deal than that in our area. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

Would have been a nice stay without the smell of smoke abd the noise from the street outside the room.
It was THANKSGIVING night and it was very quiet in the area so I could only imagine how bad the noise would be on a busy weekend.

• Stayed: November 2013

Thank you for being a senior contributor and taking the time to write a review about our hotel. Thank you for specifically noting our staff especially them being great, it means a great deal coming from you and I noticed that you were a frequent traveler within the Hilton chain also so thank you for that, I will add Hilton Honors points to your account for the trouble you experienced.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

The few people working there trying hard - but their understaffed - I mean bad. Bed are old and AC is not working to well. Room I was giving - the toilet was not working.... Don't get a room near an elevator in this hotel. Internet is hit and miss. Bar closes at 10 pm. But you are right at YBER - so location is great and you get a spacious parking place.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your feedback and your first review on trip advisor. Trip advisor is a platform for people such as yourself to voice their opinions and I would like to respond to your comments by stating first that we went through a complete renovation within the past two years and we have had great feedback. I could not find you in our system and looked for a range of dates from your response to see if we logged any complaints similar to your comments and I did not see one even close as we had very little during the holiday week before (7 days), we have posted regarding our satisfaction guarantee and we encourage our customers to speak with us so that we can correct any issues and if we cannot we enforce our satisfaction guarantee. I was also the Manager on Duty through that same time period and I keep notes and I truly wish we could have had the chance to move your room or show you how to use our adjustable comfort beds and if you were still not satisfied we would have corrected the matter.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

Staff was wonderful, friendly and helpful. CLEAN, comfortable and spacious rooms. Lots of area for relaxing inside and out. Nice new bar area and the Food we ate was really good as well as being a good value. Glad we chose to stay here

Room Tip: Very convenient to all of Ybor City, food, lights, and entertainment. We stayed for 1 night prior t...