“Pleasant Stay”

Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor Historic District
Ranked #22 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I was in the Tampa area on business. The hotel and staff were quite fine for my purposes. The hotel was very convenient to all of the restaurants in the Ybor City section of Tampa. The staff was very accomodating.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Edward C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Thank you for your review and giving it such a pleasant title! I was most pleased to read it and to read that our staff made a difference in your stay. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 1 February 2014

Loved being able to stay in the Ybor district so that we could walk to restaurants. But the room was not up to par. The floors are extremely dirty--they need to clean the carpets. The TV would not allow viewing of digital channels so missed the Grammys :( Reported to front desk and all they said was we could view the TV in the room next to us. Who wants to move at 10:00 at night? They did not even attempt to fix the TV during our stay. Could hear TV across the hall--obnoxious. The best part was the nice sized bathroom and its cleanliness.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Edward C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Thank you for your second review on trip advisor. I was not happy to read your comments specifically on our cleanliness, you will read back on trip advisor and you will see many positive comments on our cleanliness. When I first started six months ago one our our first purchases were two items, a carpet extractor and a bonnet machine both for cleaning carpets and both clean carpets very well. We have a maintenance crew member who spends every week cleaning our carpets in the public areas and guest rooms and we will make it to every room within the quarter. It is an aggressive program for our industry and I will not have it any other way. In the age of technology I get these alerts on my phone, the room you were in was cleaned within the hour and our schedule is on track, I do apologize for your experience and I would like to talk with you further, my direct line is 813-769-0130 or my email is edward.carroll@hilton.com.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

This is a first class place.If you want to party Smart in Ybor City you need to stay here. It is One block off the main strip and is Close to all the shops and Clubs. Very Clean and great staff.I was there last night and I had a fantastic time.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and for the positive comments, first class and clean were two encouraging expressions that made my day, truly appreciated and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 24 January 2014

Hotel rooms are clean and staff is friendly. Unfortunately, the food is awful. I spent $40 on dinner that wasn't edible. Still sick even thinking about it. I strongly suggest ordering a Domino's Pizza if you are hungry and wish to stay in. Thank goodness for delivery and chain standardization. Breakfast was better than dinner, but still wasn't that great. Breakfast bar was lukewarm and very bland. Unlike other hotels that serve breakfast in the lobby, this one charges and requires tipping even though server does nothing other than bring coffee.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank LoveFunTravels

Thank you for being a senior contributor to trip advisor and for taking the time to review our hotel. I was concerned reading your review and I would deifintely like to speak with you further, please contact me at edward.carroll@hilton.com or my direct line at 813-769-0130. I feel that we have made great strides in our food service and if you read back on our surveys on trip advisor the majority of people are leaving positive comments in the past six months since I started. We have trained and retrained our staff and we work hard to satisfy every guest and being 20+ years in the industry that is frankly impossible as expectation levels vary due to the large amount of people that come through our doors every month. This is why we offer our 100% satisfaction guarantee so that we can establish a common ground with our guests and we can realize your expectation levels and hopefully meet them. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 24 January 2014

This is a great place to stay when visiting Tampa. The area is historic and interesting and you are away from the hustle and bustle of the city yet have easy access via the Trolley. Highly recommended. Staff are always helpful, friendly and go out of their way to make your stay enjoyable.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your positive review about our hotel and the area. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 22 January 2014

The Hilton Garden Inn in Ybor City is a real example of southern hospitality. The staff is so helpful and genuinely interested in making your stay pleasant and comfortable. They recommended places of interest and restaurants to try. It was a great place to spend the night.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Edward C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Thank you for your response and stating that our staff made a difference with your stay. I can truly agree with you and hope that you come see us again real soon.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

The Hilton Garden Inn in Ybor City is great. It is close to several restaurants and night clubs. It also has a great breakfast and bar area, if you want to stay inside. Everything is within walking distance, including a streetcar stop.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your review and for using the word "Great" in your review. I believe my staff works very hard and we appreciate you recognizing them and hope that you find your way back to YBOR very soon.