“Cold night in Tampa”

Ranked #21 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
WI
“Cold night in Tampa”
Reviewed 8 February 2014

We decided to stay in historic Tampa Ybor the day before we were departing on our cruise and the Hilton Garden Inn did not disappoint. We had an early flight and arrived to the hotel around 10:00 am. They had a room ready for us in about 20 minutes which was greatly appreciated. We rested a bit and then headed out to walk around Ybor. We were on a quiet street close to all the Ybor attractions. The room was clean and spacious for our family of four and all our luggage. After dinner we headed to the fitness center to get a workout in for our daughter's physical therapy. The hotel provided a free shuttle to our cruise in the morning. Overall, we would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Edward C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor Historic District, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
When I read reviews of our property (and others) I try to read them as if I was reading a review for the first time so that I can get a true sense of where the reviewer is coming from, I was truly impressed on how you were able to describe our hotel, the area and our service in just a few sentences. Thank you so much and we hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Archer
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Hotel was comfortable with an excellent breakfast option. Room was large and wired for internet. It was conveniently located one block away from the main artery through Ybor City. Restaurants, bars, entertainment options, shopping, etc. are only a block away. Not necessary to drive as you can walk, take the bus, or a streetcar. Would stary in this hotel again.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your review of our property and for mentioning some specifics, namely our restaurant, we have worked hard to gather comments from travelers such as yourself and I am glad we are being noticed. I thank you for mentioning the area and the great dining options that we have. we hope to see you again soon!
Weyers Cave, United States
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I was in the Tampa area on business. The hotel and staff were quite fine for my purposes. The hotel was very convenient to all of the restaurants in the Ybor City section of Tampa. The staff was very accomodating.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your review and giving it such a pleasant title! I was most pleased to read it and to read that our staff made a difference in your stay. We hope to see you again.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Loved being able to stay in the Ybor district so that we could walk to restaurants. But the room was not up to par. The floors are extremely dirty--they need to clean the carpets. The TV would not allow viewing of digital channels so missed the Grammys :( Reported to front desk and all they said was we could view the TV in the room next to us. Who wants to move at 10:00 at night? They did not even attempt to fix the TV during our stay. Could hear TV across the hall--obnoxious. The best part was the nice sized bathroom and its cleanliness.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Edward C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor Historic District, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Thank you for your second review on trip advisor. I was not happy to read your comments specifically on our cleanliness, you will read back on trip advisor and you will see many positive comments on our cleanliness. When I first started six months ago one our our first purchases were two items, a carpet extractor and a bonnet machine both for cleaning carpets and both clean carpets very well. We have a maintenance crew member who spends every week cleaning our carpets in the public areas and guest rooms and we will make it to every room within the quarter. It is an aggressive program for our industry and I will not have it any other way. In the age of technology I get these alerts on my phone, the room you were in was cleaned within the hour and our schedule is on track, I do apologize for your experience and I would like to talk with you further, my direct line is 813-769-0130 or my email is edward.carroll@hilton.com.
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 25 January 2014

This is a first class place.If you want to party Smart in Ybor City you need to stay here. It is One block off the main strip and is Close to all the shops and Clubs. Very Clean and great staff.I was there last night and I had a fantastic time.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to review our property and for the positive comments, first class and clean were two encouraging expressions that made my day, truly appreciated and we hope to see you again soon!
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Hotel rooms are clean and staff is friendly. Unfortunately, the food is awful. I spent $40 on dinner that wasn't edible. Still sick even thinking about it. I strongly suggest ordering a Domino's Pizza if you are hungry and wish to stay in. Thank goodness for delivery and chain standardization. Breakfast was better than dinner, but still wasn't that great. Breakfast bar was lukewarm and very bland. Unlike other hotels that serve breakfast in the lobby, this one charges and requires tipping even though server does nothing other than bring coffee.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank LoveFunTravels
Thank you for being a senior contributor to trip advisor and for taking the time to review our hotel. I was concerned reading your review and I would deifintely like to speak with you further, please contact me at edward.carroll@hilton.com or my direct line at 813-769-0130. I feel that we have made great strides in our food service and if you read back on our surveys on trip advisor the majority of people are leaving positive comments in the past six months since I started. We have trained and retrained our staff and we work hard to satisfy every guest and being 20+ years in the industry that is frankly impossible as expectation levels vary due to the large amount of people that come through our doors every month. This is why we offer our 100% satisfaction guarantee so that we can establish a common ground with our guests and we can realize your expectation levels and hopefully meet them. I look forward to hearing from you.
Seattle, United States
Reviewed 24 January 2014

This is a great place to stay when visiting Tampa. The area is historic and interesting and you are away from the hustle and bustle of the city yet have easy access via the Trolley. Highly recommended. Staff are always helpful, friendly and go out of their way to make your stay enjoyable.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your positive review about our hotel and the area. We hope to see you again soon!