Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor Historic District
US$122
HIExpress.com
US$113
Doubletree.com
Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay(Tampa)
US$185
Marriott Hotels
US$167
US$159
  • Pool
All reviewsgreat locationtwo blockswalking distancerestaurants and barsnight lifecolumbia restaurantnice hotelper nightcomfortable roompleasant staybreakfast buffetwould highly recommend this hotelfront desk staffconvention centercruise portfree shuttlehgi
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I had to spend the night following outpatient surgery at a local hospital so all I needed was a comfortable bed, quiet room and working cable. Two out of three isn't bad. The room was very clean and bed was comfortable; however, many of the tv channels did not work and the others had to be watched via a blurry picture. Everytime the AC came on it was so loud that the TV had to be turned up. Had I not been confined to bed, these may have not been an issue, but definitely look elsewhere if you need bedrest and quiet. Breakfast was great and I was unable to outside noise. I would stay again if the rate was good.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Edward C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Thank you for being a senior contributor to trip advisor and for taking the time to review our property and thank you for the positive review you sent in through Hilton. We keep a log of any guest issues at our desk, we log every call no matter how minor, I searched the dates of your stay and I did not find any calls for your TV, we would have certainly fixed the issue for you. We had some inclimate weather that day and our signal for our TV's are via satellite so on ocassion as what happened to you the signal would be interrupted which happened during your stay and depending on if the TV was on or off when this happened we would have to reset your television which we did not get the chance to do when you were here and we since fixed after your departure. I am sorry that happened and wish that we had the chance to fix for you. I hope that you are feeling better and also I hope that you visit us again.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

I was scheduled to attend a meeting at this hotel, so that I did not have a choice. I have stayed at far nicer hotels even in this area, for far less per night. The area where the hotel was located, seemed to change after dark, so I did not want to explore the area after dinner. In the daytime, it seemed quite nice. The hotel did not have a shuttle service to the airport, which necessitated calling a cab. Cab driver said that the area was a bit "sketchy", so that I was glad that I did not go out the night before. Overall, just ok.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your review and feedback of our property. Florida in the winter time brings many travelers and so brings up the prices at the majority of hotels in the area. I know that you said that you had no choice but if you did shop around you would find us reasonably priced for the Tampa market. As far as YBOR city everyone has a different threshold for feelings of security, you will find this area very secure and we sit caddy corner to a Sheriff station which is an added benefit for a hotel manager! I know that you said that you were here for business so hopefully next time you join us it will be for leisure and you can experience the area in a different light.

Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

Hotel is nice and the room we had was clean and nicely furnished. The breakfast for the price was really good, for 9.95 it's all you can eat cooked to order. Check in and out was quick and easy and hotels very close to a lot of restaurants. The only cons were there's only one elevator and even though the hotels only four floors it was usually a decent wait...also we stayed there on a Saturday night and heard doors slamming shut almost all night, but it's in a bar district so that was expected

Stayed: February 2557, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review of our property. It is always great to have travelers from the local area and it is even better to hear from you! I appreciated your candid review and I hope that it will help other travelers to know about the area and your experience with breakfast and the elevator. With only 95 rooms the design was for only one elevator, I am sure it looked great on paper but i would agree with you that we could have used one more and it is impossible to change after the fact. We instruct our staff to stay off the elevators during high demand periods and we do our best to keep them frre. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

Perfect for a weekend fun get-a-way. Easy in and out. Right close to the action with pubs and restaurants steps away. Free shuttle to downtown, aquarium and the forum. Nice little bar in the lobby. We would stay here again as it is less expensive and safer than making the drive home after a night on the town.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a trip advisor review about our property and the area. I am so glad that you chose the safe route and to stay with us! There are so many activities in the area that I hope you come back to enjoy some more in the near future.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

First, I'll state that the room (418) was large and rather well cleaned. The parking at $9 a day squeezes you into very narrow parking spaces. Make sure to check your car for dings and dents.

I've stayed at numerous Hiltons and have found the brand to be rather good. However, a word to the wise; if you are with children and planning on staying here or expect a good night's rest here during a weekend - avoid this Hilton at all costs. It seems on the weekends, the management and security lose control. If you're a drunk, enjoy being disruptive and loud.....well this is the place where you'll fit right in.

My first call to the front desk was at about 8:30 pm regarding the women yelling, cheering and such from the drinking game going on next door. The front desk stated they would call the offending room. No result, and the loud yelling and cursing continued. At 9 pm, I left my room to verify the room number (416) as the offending room and was not amused to see decorations of male genital strung on the door. I’m not a prude, but I don’t need my child seeing that kind of trash. I took a photo, but didn’t want to post the photo here and offend others……I’ll be sending it to Hilton’s Corporate Management.

I went downstairs to the front desk, and reported (again) the cursing, yelling and such from that room as well as the genital decorations visible to everyone in the hallway. The security guard left to go warn the people in that room. Meanwhile the bar in the lobby was full of people - drunk and loud.

The front desk staff gave me the line, “if they are reported again, we’ll have them leave”. So I went back to my room, riding in the elevator where I was the only person not holding/drinking from beer bottles. “Really nice family hotel”, is what I was thinking.

The guard was waiting for the elevator to go back downstairs when I exited onto the 4th floor. He assured me, that he’d warned them. Getting back to my room, I notice the happy male genital decorations still there on the door to 416. By this time I realize that management and security either do not care or are completely incapable in dealing with the issue. The only relief gained was when my room air conditioner/heater cycled on, it reminded me of standing on a flight line near a jet aircraft, and it was loud enough to nearly drown out the noise from the next room.

The room 416 noise continued until finally the group left around 10pm. I was hoping they’d been removed from the hotel, I checked, and the decorations were still there. Sadly, the group merely went out to drink even more and returned to their room at about 1am to continue the party until about 3:30am in the morning when one of the women started yelling that so-and-so “is going to be sick”. Finally at about 4am they got quiet. I guess it’s more difficult for them to party and puke at the same time.

At 7am, room 416 is back to yelling and such. Impressive stamina, but by now I just want to get my family away from this mess of a hotel. At 9am, I leave the room, and yes, the happy male genitals are still there on the door. For more than 12 hours, management allowed this display to be visible!

When I arrive at the front desk, I ask to speak with a manager or have their manager’s phone number. Lo and behold, one of the ladies (Sarah Campbell) at the front desk from last night was a manager(!) and she’s on duty again.

She stated that Ybor City is known as a party spot and some guests go and party there. I’m not concerned where they party in Ybor City, it becomes an issue for me when they disrupt other quests in the hotel, and my family, and management/security at Hilton permits this behavior.

Another guest also at the front desk was a gentleman from room 214, he witnessed the security guard trying to “warn” the people in room 216 and the security guard was “told off” by the group of partying women. The guard, defeated, turned and walked away. How safe do you feel with that security?

Sarah Campbell did reverse my room charges, so other that a sleepless night for my family and I it didn’t financially cost me. However, I will never consider staying here again and I’ll hesitate staying at another Hilton. That coming from a Hilton Honors member……..

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank SFC31B
Edward C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

You and I had just spoke yesterday and I was surprised to open my email to find a copy of your trip advisor cooments! On the phone you commended Sarah and our staff on the way they handled this situation so I am perplexed on even how to answer except to quote you from yesterdays conversation. "Sarah handled herself in a professional manner and I did not want this to go unnoticed" were your exact words. I would certainly not allow this type of behavior from any of my guests and we did act to protocol. While we cannot and will not monitor every action by our guests reported subjects of this nature do not get taken lightly and there was a final warning given. It is against our policy to allow any guest to post anything on their doors in any nature and this will be used as a training tool for our staff and we apologized profusely to you that morning (Sarah) and on our conversation yesterday we did the same. We again apologize and we are sorry for your experience.