“Great hotel for our wedding guests!”

Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor Historic District
Ranked #20 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Tampa, United States
“Great hotel for our wedding guests!”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We stayed at the Hilton Garden in for our Ybor wedding 2/22/14. WE LOVED our time here! The staff was friendly, the rooms were clean, and the breakfast was delicious. There were also a lot of beautiful spots near the hotel for pre-ceremony photos. We will definitely be staying here again!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Edward C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor Historic District, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Congratulations on your recent wedding. We were so happy to host your guests and each of them were as pleasant as the next! We are so glad that you had beautiful weather and we hope to see you for anniversaries to come!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I stayed here for three nights on business. The staff bent over backwards to make sure I had everything I needed, the room was spacious and immaculately clean. The internet worked (which is rare this day in age for some reason). It was a little chilly so I didn't get to use the pool, but I had a view of it from my room and was tempted still. My only note of concern was that I could hear my neighbour's every move. Was a little disconcerting at times, but really everything else was so fantastic I can't complain.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to write about our hotel, I was glad to read that you enjoyed your stay. I truly hope to that you visit our hotel again the next time that you are in Tampa.
Indiana
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Had no idea what to expect when visiting Tampa for a business conference. Since we were not near the beach I expected boring. Far from it! This hotel is in historic Ybor City which is a great mix of upscale restaurants, cigars store, micro breweries and bars. Also just one block from the trolley that takes you to downtown Tampa. This historic district has the look and feel of NOLA Bourbon Street. The hotel is two blocks away from the vibrant 7th Ave. Hotel provided a great hot breakfast, with made to order eggs entrees. Our rate was $139 per night, which breakfast was included in our special conference rate. Otherwise it was $9.95 per person for hot breakfast . Great breakfast bar included with the fresh eggs and omelet choices. Very clean and comfortable room. My only concern was the noisy AC, otherwise the best choice for this part of Tampa.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
I would like to first of all thank you for being a top contributor to trip advisor and for taking the time to review our property. We appreciate your positive comments about the area and the many things to do here. Thank you for taking the time to mention our cleanliness and we hope that you come back again on your next visit to Tampa.
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Thank you to Shelly at the front desk for assisting me and my family during our reunion for my grandfather's 100th birthday party in Ybor city. The hotel was lovely and the staff was friendly. Much thanks and kudos!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for sharing your special event with us, we were glad to have you and your family stay with us and I was very happy to read that Shelly made a positive impact on your experience! We reward our staff for comments such as this and I will certainly do so for this. We hope there are many more celebrations to come! Please come and see us again, we are glad YBOR still has a place in your dad's heart.
Ybor City, United States
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Located in historic Ybor City made for a nice cultural experience. Hotel had excellent accommodations. Hot breakfast made to order was a nice amenity. Staff was friendly and courteous. Only problem I had was AC was noisy, otherwise rooms very nice and clean.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your review of our property and taking the time to tell others on trip advisor about your stay. What was truly heartwarming was your using the word "great" in your description, I will certainly share your words with our staff. We hope to see you again.
Georgia
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I had to spend the night following outpatient surgery at a local hospital so all I needed was a comfortable bed, quiet room and working cable. Two out of three isn't bad. The room was very clean and bed was comfortable; however, many of the tv channels did not work and the others had to be watched via a blurry picture. Everytime the AC came on it was so loud that the TV had to be turned up. Had I not been confined to bed, these may have not been an issue, but definitely look elsewhere if you need bedrest and quiet. Breakfast was great and I was unable to outside noise. I would stay again if the rate was good.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Edward C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor Historic District, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Thank you for being a senior contributor to trip advisor and for taking the time to review our property and thank you for the positive review you sent in through Hilton. We keep a log of any guest issues at our desk, we log every call no matter how minor, I searched the dates of your stay and I did not find any calls for your TV, we would have certainly fixed the issue for you. We had some inclimate weather that day and our signal for our TV's are via satellite so on ocassion as what happened to you the signal would be interrupted which happened during your stay and depending on if the TV was on or off when this happened we would have to reset your television which we did not get the chance to do when you were here and we since fixed after your departure. I am sorry that happened and wish that we had the chance to fix for you. I hope that you are feeling better and also I hope that you visit us again.
Reviewed 22 February 2014

I was scheduled to attend a meeting at this hotel, so that I did not have a choice. I have stayed at far nicer hotels even in this area, for far less per night. The area where the hotel was located, seemed to change after dark, so I did not want to explore the area after dinner. In the daytime, it seemed quite nice. The hotel did not have a shuttle service to the airport, which necessitated calling a cab. Cab driver said that the area was a bit "sketchy", so that I was glad that I did not go out the night before. Overall, just ok.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your review and feedback of our property. Florida in the winter time brings many travelers and so brings up the prices at the majority of hotels in the area. I know that you said that you had no choice but if you did shop around you would find us reasonably priced for the Tampa market. As far as YBOR city everyone has a different threshold for feelings of security, you will find this area very secure and we sit caddy corner to a Sheriff station which is an added benefit for a hotel manager! I know that you said that you were here for business so hopefully next time you join us it will be for leisure and you can experience the area in a different light.