“Staying in Historic Tampa w/o smoking Cigars”

Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor Historic District
Ranked #22 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 31 March 2014

A truly quaint and quite location just steps away from exciting Ybor City Night & Day Life. A most efficient but warm hotel. Modern, elegant and most convenient, We attended a nearby wedding and this hotel was by far the best choice. Two short blocks from 7th Avenue, the center for night life. The staff were most welcoming as we raced in out of the rain. Car parking was a breeze on property. I will certainly recommend this hotel to all my friends from around the world. Saturday morning breakfast was served and the whole experience was first-class.

Room Tip: Saw many rooms on 3rd & 4th floors and all were first rate.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Edward C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Thank you for your review and being a contributor to trip advisor. We appreciate you describing us as first class. We appreciate the you recommending us to your friends and visitors to the Tampa area. We hope to see you and your frineds again soon!

Reviewed 30 March 2014

My wife and I stayed here 2 nights - 1 night prior to our Cruise and 1 night after - the customer service provided by the staff is excellent - front desk personnel couldn't do enough for us - special thanks to Hope who went out of her way to help us get settled after our cruise - the shuttle driver who I also believe doubles as the hotel maintenance specialist really helped with not only dropping us off at the Port and picking us up when we returned - he grabbed our luggage and loaded and unloaded - all with a smile - if our travels bring us back to Tampa we will return and will recommend your hotel to anyone headed down to Tampa

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pat D

Thank you for being a top contributor to trip advisor and for taking the time to review our property. We appreciate you giving kudos to our staff for their service and it is a big deal coming from a top contributor!

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Great hotel, staff, room, over all a great experience. No complains at all The staff was awesome Will recommend it to all couples, family and or Solo traveler will return without a doubt. The location is excellent The room was clean without no odor the bed excellent no complain at all, actually I would say I would like to bring the bed home! Thats how good it was

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and to talk about our staff. I appreciate the words used to describe them! I also think they are awesome and excellent, we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

If you are looking for a location within Tampa's Ybor City, this is a great location. I was very happy with check in, my room was clean and the pool and hot tub were both very clean. Breakfast was nice and had everything you would expect it to have. The hotel also has a nice bar and very nice bartender for the evening hours. I was also very happy to see that my room had a Keurig coffee machine with K-cups which is much better then the usual hotel coffee makers.

My only recommendation to the hotel is to clean the carpet in guest rooms more often. My carpet was clean, but looked like it was due for a good steam cleaning.

This was my second stay at this location and I was just as happy as the last time. The is a very reliable hotel.

Room Tip: I didn't seem like any room would be a problem in this hotel. The location is very quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for being a senior contributor to trip advisor and for taking the time to review our property. Thank you for your feedback about the hotel and the area. I appreciate your feedback regarding our carpets. In previous posts I did mention to another guest about our carpet cleaning program. We have three machines, one brand new rug doctor that you see in your local supermarket and it has been getting a great workout these past few weeks. We have a carpet bonnet that has a rotating pad that really scrubs the carpet well and we have a large machine with a heavy duty extractor. I have one houseman assigned to do carpets and floors for about 30 hours per week, we are technically supposed to complete the carpets every quarter and we pace better than this. In our busier season there are alot more people to work around, we do our best to get to every room and thank you again!

Reviewed 21 March 2014

I stayed here on a business trip, staff was great, very helpful and kind. it is a a very convenient locations, and quiet and safe. This location is perfect for entertainment and dining options. Definitely will return for future business trips and leasure.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your review of our property and especially stating that you would return, that is very much appreciated and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 20 March 2014

This hotel is conveniently located in the historic Ybor City district of Tampa. It is modern, clean and offers every amenity you could hope for. The staff goes out of their way to be helpful and to make you feel comfortable. Everybody from the shuttle driver to the bar bar and restaurant staff are very friendly and accommodating. The rooms are sufficiently large, comfortable and quiet. We had previously stayed at a 4 star hotel that was very noisy. This property is a hidden gem, tucked far enough away to be out of the noise of the city, but close enough to walk to all the shops and restaurants.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Edward C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Thank you for your positive comments. I am glad to hear that we made a positive impression on you. I am sorry to hear that you did not have a good experience at another hotel, we attempt to make every effort to provide you the comfort and great night sleep, I am sure they have the same goal and I hope that you give them another try and we certainly look forward to your returning!

Reviewed 17 March 2014

The Hilton Garden Inn in Ybor is an excellent place to get a great nights rest, and still be close to downtown Tampa. Ybor City is a fun historic district that is always a fun night. Great food and nightlife.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you very much for your positive review and comments, we hope to see you again very soon!