“Very Friendly!”

Ranked #21 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
North Potomac, United States
“Very Friendly!”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

The employees at the Hilton Garden Inn Tampa-Ybor Historic District were extraordinarily friendly and professional. I do a lot of business traveling and their service really stood out from what I am accustomed to.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Edward C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor Historic District, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Thank you for for your feedback about our friendly staff, we do our best to hire "friendly" staff as you cannot train someone to be friendly, I am glad actually super happy that you wrote what you wrote and that you feel this way about our staff. Many thanks and we hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Middle Island, New York
Reviewed 8 April 2014

My Friend and I recently booked a first time trip to Ybor City and found ourselves just delighted with the quaintness of this city. As we walked through the cobblestone streets we found wonderful shops, art exhibits, restaurants & trolly rides. There is so much history in this city. Right in the middle of everything was the Hilton Garden Inn where we stayed for 3 nights. We couldn't have been more impressed with the cleanliness of this very pretty hotel. Our room was spotless and beds extremely comfortable. The food was delicious. The hospitality of the entire staff from the Hotel Manager to the front desk personnel to the breakfast servers was none other than welcoming and accomodating. We will definitely come back to Ybor City and stay at the HGI. Couldn't ask for more. A+ Judy B.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Judy B
Edward C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor Historic District, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a detailed review of our hotel! We really appreciate the feedback about our cleanliness, service and the area in general. We look forward to your next visit hopefully again real soon.
Lake Ronkonkoma, New York
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Recently I was fortunate enough to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn in Ybor City. My stay was so comfortable I felt like I was in my own home. The staff couldn't have been more helpful. The service in the restraunt was wonderful. Our food was served hot and even better it was delicious. Our room was kept immaculate. Our check in went very smooth, We checked in late and the desk clerk was very accommodating. When we asked for directions we were always ngiven a map we could easily follow. The staff gave us suggestions as to where to eat and shop. They were spot on. Thanks Hilton for providing us with staff that were so helpful and a hotel in the Historic District. Loved it would stay there again. Joanne J.

Room Tip: The room we had facing the front of the hotel gave us a nice view of Ybor City.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
We were fortunate to have you! Thank you very much for the feedback and mentioning our cleanliness, I tell my staff to clean each room as if someone important to them is coming to stay, I am so glad that this worked in your case and we certainly look forward to your next visit. Thank you again!
Rocky Point, New York
Reviewed 7 April 2014

My wife and I stayed here twice during a vacation away from the North cold weather. The first stay was unexpected and we had to book last minute because our flight was cancelled. It was a busy week because of a parade in Ybor but the manager, Ed got us a room anyway. The room was quiet and very clean. One of the cleanest hotels I can remember. Bed was just right, not to hard not to soft. The breakfast was especially nice since they were willing to cook anything we wanted, and they did so very well. It was truly a pleasant stay. We never got to the spa but next stay we will.

Room Tip: Ask the staff for recommendations after telling them your needs. They are extremely accommodating.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your positive comments! We appreciate the specifics and thank you for stating that we were clean and about the breakfast, we will make you anything you want! Please come back again very soon!
Buffalo, United States
Reviewed 7 April 2014

The hotel location in Ybor City is excellent. There are many restaurants and shops within walking distance of this hotel. The staff and ambiance when you walk into the lobby is very nice. During check-in I was given a map of the area and shown some of the many attractions of the area. Everything about this hotel was satisfactory except for one thing. The in room heating/cooling system is very noisy and every time it would turn on or off it would make a loud bang which made for a long sleepless night. Needless to say this made this hotel's overall score to fall to an Average, at best.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your review and taking the time to mention our staff and area. I do apologize that your HVAC was noisy, many hotels experience the same as the square footage of a hotel is much less than many houses or apartments. the ac unit is likely much closer to you than at your residence so feeling the unit here is much more likely. Thank you again for your feedback.
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

It's 8:30 am. Every time the elevator moves I can hear and feel it. There is only one elevator for all the rooms, so you might have to wait 5 minutes to go 3 floors, forcing people to take the stairs.

The bed is extremely uncomfortable. I imagine the flintstones rock beds were softer. Its one where you select the hardness, but the softest setting is like a slab of stone.

The air conditioning systems are extremely loud and make noises even after they have kicked off. I can hear everything in the hallways. They charge $9 for parking or you can go across the street and park for $5. They quietly slip you something saying you will be paying for the parking.

The toilet plumbing is not vented properly, and throughout the night large air bubbles continuously popped in the toilet, waking us up.

I'm a professional builder, and will certify this place was constructed poorly and everything was done cheaply but in an illusion to look like quality.

Stay somewhere else. I haven't spent enough time in Tampa to tell you where to go, just don't go to this place unless they drop the rate to 60 a night instead of the 160 I paid. I'm thinking I should get into the hotel business so I can steal your money like the Hilton garden inn in ybor

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank stetzga
Edward C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor Historic District, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
I reached out to you via trip advisor message and I have not heard back from you. I searched the past two months for someone resembling your name from Gainesville FL and I could not find anyone. I can be reached at edward.carroll@hilton.com and my direct line 813-769-0130. I would first research your requests to see if you had a request to not be near an elevator. With also your complaints about plumbing it would be helpful to know who you are and when you stayed so that we may be able to correct any issues as is the premise of TripAdvisor. It is my hope that you retract your statements and specifically your title as to stay somewhere else. As I mentioned in the email to you that we have 42 hard working individuals that put in 110% everyday and comments such as yours can affect all of our livelihood as I am sure would be the same in your industry, If people were to comment to stay away from your company this would be harmful to your employees.
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 31 March 2014

A truly quaint and quite location just steps away from exciting Ybor City Night & Day Life. A most efficient but warm hotel. Modern, elegant and most convenient, We attended a nearby wedding and this hotel was by far the best choice. Two short blocks from 7th Avenue, the center for night life. The staff were most welcoming as we raced in out of the rain. Car parking was a breeze on property. I will certainly recommend this hotel to all my friends from around the world. Saturday morning breakfast was served and the whole experience was first-class.

Room Tip: Saw many rooms on 3rd & 4th floors and all were first rate.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for your review and being a contributor to trip advisor. We appreciate you describing us as first class. We appreciate the you recommending us to your friends and visitors to the Tampa area. We hope to see you and your frineds again soon!