“You pay for what you get.”

Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor Historic District
Ranked #21 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Miami, United States
“You pay for what you get.”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Location of the hotel is very close to the old town and many restaurants and clubs. Very nice area to visit however, on the weekends the area starts to liven up with visitors and the clubs music can be heard from the front of the hotel. Over-all nice hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Edward C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor Historic District, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Thank you for your first review on trip advisor and taking the time to review our property. I am glad you received what you paid for and that we were a nice hotel in your eyes. Hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Cape Coral, FL
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I really wanted to give this hotel a Very Good rating because the hotel and the location are really great. But it's a bit pricey and our breakfast experience was not great. My family stayed one night at this hotel and was pleased they could allow early check in without notice. Lobby was very nice, rooms well appointed - grateful for the frig and microwave. The location in Ybor City was perfect and on-site parking (though a bit pricey at $9 for the area) was helpful. Front desk staff were pleasant though when I attempted to get water from the dispenser in the lobby, the clerk clearly could see it was out and there was no effort to refill it so I could get some. Not an overly big deal but just a bit disappointing (I like the fruited water!). However our breakfast experience was not the best. I knew they didn't have free breakfast but was hoping for another option other than the full hot buffet for $9.95. I would have preferred just the cereals, breads and fruit for half that - my family aren't big breakfast eaters. We ended up all ordering from the hot service and waited 25 minutes for our food while the other few patrons in the restaurant received their hot items. Our waitress came by once and said our food would be out in a few minutes but 10 minutes later, nothing. That wasn't great service. We were under a time crunch so it wasn't the best experience. I do have to say that they only charged us for 2 breakfasts instead of 3, not sure if that was on purpose or a mistake but that helped a bit. I'd stay at this hotel again, I would just skip the breakfast part and eat elsewhere in Ybor City (which was not an option for us as we were there on a holiday and little was open).

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Edward C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor Historic District, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Thank you for being a top contributor to trip advisor and for taking the time to write about our property. The number one comlpaint for our brand is the charge breakfast. I have mentioned in previous posts that having worked at other brands that include breakfast and comparing our hotels breakfast offerings is not a fair fight! We will have most of the same options that they have on our cold buffet (and guava pastries!) however we will also cook to order anything that you want, poached eggs, eggs over easy, any kind of omelette that you want. The inclusive breakfast hotels just cannot do what we do and that is why we charge, it is a brand initiatiave and I am sure as a HHonors member you have stayed at the different brands. I am looking into the service failure and my restaurant supervisor will be on top of any issues or potential issues and I am sure that they picked up the one meal because of the failure. Please reach out to me in advance edward.carroll@hilton.com or my direct line 813-769-0130 the next time you are in the area.
North Potomac, United States
Reviewed 21 April 2014

The employees at the Hilton Garden Inn Tampa-Ybor Historic District were extraordinarily friendly and professional. I do a lot of business traveling and their service really stood out from what I am accustomed to.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for for your feedback about our friendly staff, we do our best to hire "friendly" staff as you cannot train someone to be friendly, I am glad actually super happy that you wrote what you wrote and that you feel this way about our staff. Many thanks and we hope to see you again soon.
Middle Island, New York
Reviewed 8 April 2014

My Friend and I recently booked a first time trip to Ybor City and found ourselves just delighted with the quaintness of this city. As we walked through the cobblestone streets we found wonderful shops, art exhibits, restaurants & trolly rides. There is so much history in this city. Right in the middle of everything was the Hilton Garden Inn where we stayed for 3 nights. We couldn't have been more impressed with the cleanliness of this very pretty hotel. Our room was spotless and beds extremely comfortable. The food was delicious. The hospitality of the entire staff from the Hotel Manager to the front desk personnel to the breakfast servers was none other than welcoming and accomodating. We will definitely come back to Ybor City and stay at the HGI. Couldn't ask for more. A+ Judy B.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Judy B
Edward C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor Historic District, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a detailed review of our hotel! We really appreciate the feedback about our cleanliness, service and the area in general. We look forward to your next visit hopefully again real soon.
Lake Ronkonkoma, New York
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Recently I was fortunate enough to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn in Ybor City. My stay was so comfortable I felt like I was in my own home. The staff couldn't have been more helpful. The service in the restraunt was wonderful. Our food was served hot and even better it was delicious. Our room was kept immaculate. Our check in went very smooth, We checked in late and the desk clerk was very accommodating. When we asked for directions we were always ngiven a map we could easily follow. The staff gave us suggestions as to where to eat and shop. They were spot on. Thanks Hilton for providing us with staff that were so helpful and a hotel in the Historic District. Loved it would stay there again. Joanne J.

Room Tip: The room we had facing the front of the hotel gave us a nice view of Ybor City.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
We were fortunate to have you! Thank you very much for the feedback and mentioning our cleanliness, I tell my staff to clean each room as if someone important to them is coming to stay, I am so glad that this worked in your case and we certainly look forward to your next visit. Thank you again!
Rocky Point, New York
Reviewed 7 April 2014

My wife and I stayed here twice during a vacation away from the North cold weather. The first stay was unexpected and we had to book last minute because our flight was cancelled. It was a busy week because of a parade in Ybor but the manager, Ed got us a room anyway. The room was quiet and very clean. One of the cleanest hotels I can remember. Bed was just right, not to hard not to soft. The breakfast was especially nice since they were willing to cook anything we wanted, and they did so very well. It was truly a pleasant stay. We never got to the spa but next stay we will.

Room Tip: Ask the staff for recommendations after telling them your needs. They are extremely accommodating.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your positive comments! We appreciate the specifics and thank you for stating that we were clean and about the breakfast, we will make you anything you want! Please come back again very soon!
Buffalo, United States
Reviewed 7 April 2014

The hotel location in Ybor City is excellent. There are many restaurants and shops within walking distance of this hotel. The staff and ambiance when you walk into the lobby is very nice. During check-in I was given a map of the area and shown some of the many attractions of the area. Everything about this hotel was satisfactory except for one thing. The in room heating/cooling system is very noisy and every time it would turn on or off it would make a loud bang which made for a long sleepless night. Needless to say this made this hotel's overall score to fall to an Average, at best.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your review and taking the time to mention our staff and area. I do apologize that your HVAC was noisy, many hotels experience the same as the square footage of a hotel is much less than many houses or apartments. the ac unit is likely much closer to you than at your residence so feeling the unit here is much more likely. Thank you again for your feedback.