Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor Historic District
Ranked #21 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Oslo, Norway
“Reccomended”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I really can recommend this hotel. Great location, great service. Nothing to complain for. The helped me book hotels for rest of my trip as well. If I shall look for something it must be a sloppy security guard (third party service) that wasn't much help. Next time I will most likely book this hotel again.

1 Thank Jon Andre G
Edward C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor Historic District, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thank you for your feedback and recommending our hotel and specific comments. I have alerts on my phone when reviews appear, positive or otherwise. I received your comments and I immediately reached out to the third party security company manager who promised he would address your comments personally and he already has. I appreciate seeing matters through our guests perspective it does truly help, thank you and we hope to see you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Reviewed 26 May 2014

The Hilton Garden Inn Tampa-Ybor Historic District is located just off the main street of Ybor and easily in walking distance. As usual the amenities at Garden Inns were top notch. Bar prices were okay, around the average for the area. Great outdoor seating area off main lobby as well.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank William M
Thank you for calling us great! I truly appreciate it and it helps to know that our hard work is paying off. I will also mention this to our owners as we convinced them to spend a little extra on that outside area and it helps to have positive feedback so thank you again! See you again soon hopefully.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Stopped here for 3 nights in jan.

Great location as it's a walk to the Main Street.

Standard hilton garden inn rooms & set up, but this place had the best staff, the 2 girls on reception where awesome & helped us sort out the GPS for the rental car we had, they went above & beyond in researching it & printing off the trouble shooting guide, along with the batman there who was also very at tentative

Really made a difference in a positive way

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank neal s
Thank you for your kind words and stating that the ladies up front were awesome, for them to make that impact on a senior reviewer makes my day! I appreciate the feedback and hope that the rest of your stay went well. We hope to see you next time that you are in the states!
Melbourne, FL, United States
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Very comfortable bed, clean rooms, very friendly staff, close to all the great entertainment and restaurants in Ybor City. We stayed here to be close to Tropical Heatwave music festival that we have been coming to for 12 years.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Maria C
Thank you for coming back to see us again this year. I appreciate you sharing your experience and specifically that you mentioned that you had a comfortable room. We hope to see you again next year!
Gulf Breeze, Florida
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Friendly and caring staff who will go out of their way to make you feel at home. Food recommendations were right on and cookies that come out at 5 pm in the lobby were amazing. Managers knew your name and really care about how your stay with them is, definitely will be coming back!
Thanks Ed and staff for a wonderful experience!

2 Thank GraCha795
Edward C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor Historic District, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Thank you for your review of our property. It was nice getting to know you while you were here. I appreciate the kind words and you following through on your word that you would visit trip advisor. It is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back as family again!
Brunswick, United States
Reviewed 11 May 2014

My trip was a BFF getaway and the hotel was in the perfect location to the main street in Ybor City. An easy walk to everything. The hotel ammenities are great. The staff was very friendly and knowledgable about the area. Although the air conditioning was broken in the room and maintence tried to fix it, getting switched to another room was no issue. They delivered the keys to the room so we didn't have to go to the front desk. The stay was quite comfortable and I would stay there again. The lobby is decorated nicely and the pool courtyard looked inviting although we didn't use it. The beds also have a comf

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Jenna C
Edward C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor Historic District, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property and for specific comments on how our staff was able to resolve your problem. I make every attempt not to sound canned in my responses and reading your review made me feel good and it made our staff feel good about the job that they do when I read your comments to them at our stand up meeting.
memphis, United States
Reviewed 9 May 2014

great hotel, but should have a plan in place incase the coffee maker goes down. the manager or someone on the staff should have went and bought a few gallons of coffee until the problem could be fixed. i guess i could have ran back to my room and used the coffee maker in there, but i was dressed and ready to walk out the door

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your review and feedback. This was the perfect storm of a communication breakdown and now a training tool. Those large machines have circuit boards (I now know) and it chose 6:00am to fry a circuit board. The server in the morning sent a message to the incorrect person on staff who could do anything, upon arriving our morning supervisor and myself took steps to fix the problem and ordered coffee from a nearby business, this did not help you and for this I sincerely apologize. My staff is very well aware of the importance of having coffee ready and this situation put an explanation point on my care and concern that coffee is a staple of hotels and my staff now knows that coffee is almost as important to having a bed for our guests (in my eyes)!!!!