My husband and I booked a night at the Fairfield based on the review posted on this site. We paid over $140 for the night for a room with a king bed. We were paying more than we normally would since this was for my birthday celebration and we wanted above average for our experience.
To say we were disappointed does not nearly cover it.
Of course, this is not going to be a bad review, mainly because the hotel is clean, well-staffed with friendly staffers, and has a nice continental breakfast buffet (yogurt, waffles, fruits, cereals, bagels, doughnuts, microwaveable breakfast meat/cheese biscuits) and 24-hour coffee availability.
Mainly, our largest disappointment was with the room itself. Though very clean (white polyester-filled bed cover with white sheets) it was VERY SMALL. The room with the bed in it was 12x12 and contained a large chair and ottoman, the king-sized bed, one bed table, a desk, and a long dresser with a television on top. The bathroom vanity was TINY...with the coffee maker perched on top, there wasn't room for but a few small items. I had to move the coffee maker to make room. Good thing we weren't staying for a week, there just wouldn't have been room. They did provide a hair dryer and an iron/ironing board which could come in handy. Also, I noticed a suitcase rack, except there isn't much room to stash one suitcase let alone two or three if you're planning a long stay. The bathroom proper was quite large but a lot of wasted space...a normal sized bathtub and a toilet and towel rack situated far enough away that we had to place our towels on the floor to have them near when we stepped out. We really felt boxed-in in this tiny room.
The room had NO refrigerator, NO microwave, and NO TV hutch; just a TV on top of the dresser. There was NO sitting area, and the place to hang clothes was extraordinarily small. As for toiletries, there was nothing really there except what you might find at hotels charging MUCH LESS. There was an outdoor swimming pool outside the back door in the parking lot...small but clean. This hotel is definitely clean and that could be considered a plus.
For comparison, for only $10 more we stayed at Brasstown Valley in the mountains of northern Georgia (where we were greeted with a bottle of sparking wine, chocolates and strawberries) in a gigantic two-room suite with a kitchenette, gas fireplace, gorgeous furnishings, king bed with a real down comforter, a really long bathroom vanity, a closed door closet...it was almost like being in an apartment it was so big...and their "continental" breakfast was a tremendous hot and cold buffet with gourmet coffee. Now, we were NOT expecting this at the Fairfield, but come on! We were expecting better than rooms we paid less than HALF what we paid for the room at the Fairfield.
To sum up, if you want to drop the dollars, definitely look for a hotel where they give you more for the money...this room should only have cost us $70 to $80 TOPS...we expected more and were sorely disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon offers newly-renovated rooms and suites and an ideal location among hotels in Brandon, just minutes from Downtown Tampa, Busch Gardens, The Florida Aquarium, and Ybor City. Our new guest rooms feature plush mattresses, flat-screen TVs with premium cable and mini-fridges. We even have free WiFi throughout the hotel. Start your day at our complimentary breakfast buffet providing a delicious selection of fruits, cereals, and Belgian waffles. Maintain your active lifestyle at our 24-hour fitness center, or take a relaxing swim in the heated outdoor pool as you soak in the Florida sun. The Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon offers a prime location, just off I-75, and renovated amenities that make it one of the best hotels in Brandon, FL. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Tampa Brandon
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon Hotel Tampa
- Fairfield Inn Tampa
- Fairfield Tampa
- Tampa Fairfield Inn
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon Florida