“WONDERFUL hotel!”

Courtyard Tampa Brandon
Ranked #82 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 9 June 2014

My only complaint about this hotel is that there is no free breakfast, but there is a restaurant and Starbucks in the lobby. This is a great hotel, very updated and equipped. Priceline gave me a GREAT deal, and since we were sailing out of Tampa with Carnival, it is VERY convenient. The parking lot is shared with another hotel, but still plenty of parking. Water pressure was very good, and the decor was beautiful. I am guessing this is a new hotel, bc it looks like it is. Staff was friendly, even helped me to get our luggage tagged for the cruise. I will definitely stay here again!Beds were not as firm as I like, but were still comfy.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Karen N
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Tampa Brandon

Reviewed 11 May 2014

I stayed here via price line's price breaker. It was a last minute trip for a funeral and i am glad they gave me this hotel. I feel like i underpaid. When we arrived to tampa, a family member wanted us to stay with them. We called priceline who refused to refund then called the hotel, the concierge informed me that he would allow our refund if priceline gave us the ok. They never did so we still stayed there. The staff were friendly, the room was clean. We had to head back home around 3 am on the day of checkout and the lady at the front desk went out of her way and made me a cup of coffee. I was so pleased with my stay it took all the stress out of the reason we were there. The pool even helped me distract my 3 year old from all the sadness. THANK YOU COURTYARD MARRIOT!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Krystina A
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

I booked two rooms for a one night stay through priceline and actually thought it was going to be a good experience based on the reviews on here but oh, how you have deceived me trip advisor reviewers! When we first checked in the lady at the front desk was very very nice and check in was quick and easy. They even let us check into our two rooms in one hour before check in time. It was nice to put our luggage down. Less than half an hour later we headed back out. We didn't get back to our room until 7:30 that night. That's where the nightmare begins. I was traveling with my husband, my two year old and my 4 month old baby. We got them both ready for bed and when I laid down with them my leg started to itch very badly under the covers. I looked at my leg and I had a big red spot on it like something bit me; I started to check the bed when I found something very disgusting. Brace yourself...The thick comforter that was between two sheets had a big crusty blotches on it!! I told my husband the sheets were dirty and he called housekeeping. No one answered. We pressed the button on the phone for the front desk and the it was busy. So I told my husband to come look at the yellow crusty sheets and that's when he informed me that those sheets were stained from sexual bodily fluids!!!! The stains were even hardened. That's when I totally flipped out and got so grossed out I wanted to throw up! My husband had to call the hotel from his cell phone to get through to the front desk. The man at the front desk was very nice to us and understanding. He actually came to the room and saw the stains himself even though he didn't seem to want to look but we insisted to show him that we weren't exaggerating. He immediately tried to get us another room and told us to first check it out to make sure it was clean to our standards. My husband went and that comforter in the second room was also dirty as though house keeping was not cleaning the thick comforters. We felt very upset about the situation. Having dirty sheets like that in a hotel room is so
very unhygienic! This is something we would not expect to happen at a Marriott hotel. We asked them to refund our money however the man at the front desk informed us that we had to go through Priceline to get a refund. We explained our situation to Priceline and they immediately refunded us. Of course we were not going to stay in a hotel that was unkept. So we informed our family staying in the second room that we were going to leave and to pack up. When they asked why we told them what we found and that's when they informed us that they had not taken a shower because the bathtub in their room was clogged and they didn't want to shower in standing water. I went on my iPhone and booked another hotel at the last minute right down the road from the courtyard. (Homewood suites) It was a very big inconvenience to have to do this. Not only were we dissatisfied but Marriott should have at least done something to rectify the situation better. They really dropped the ball. Housekeeping is a disgrace. I do not have anything negative to say about the man at the front desk however because I know he is limited in what he could have done for us. We were so inconvenienced to lug our bags and two babies out of the hotel at 10 o'clock at night. Only dirty hospitality was shown. They should have at least compensated us for the hotel we had to transfer to but with how dingy the hotel housekeeping was my expectations plummeted. Extremely disappointed!

Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank IceRose21
Brad S, General Manager at Courtyard Tampa Brandon, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete your Trip Advisor survey and sharing your experience with the Courtyard Brandon/Tampa.

You indicated in your response that your Overall Satisfaction was unsatisfactory. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

I know that I reached out to you at the time of your stay and wish we could have resolved this matter. However, your awareness has allowed us to visit with our staff to make sure all mattresses and bedding are clean.

Best regards,

Brad Spurlock
813-661-9559
brad.spurlock@whitelodging.com

Reviewed 6 April 2014

From check-in to check-out, it was a great experience. The check-in staff member was extremely friendly, knowledgable and helpful. The room was very clean as was the lobby area. The beds were very comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I am a rewards member and devout Marriott customer. Reservation booked online using a discounted rate. Showed up around 10:30pm on March 17 after the Lightning game and was told rudely and bluntly by Yusiff Belal that my credit card to guarantee the reservation was rejected. "We tried your card at 6pm and it did not go through so we gave your room away."

I asked why a phone call was not made to me and, again, was told very bluntly and rudely that they do not do that. If this is the policy, I can somewhat understand. But at the same time, why ask for our contact information when making a reservation online? Travellers are arriving from all over the world, flying/driving incredibly long distances to show up in the middle of the night, only to have a rude front desk agent tell them their room was given away and that the hotel (and all other Marriott properties nearby) is full? I asked to see a copy of the cancellation made by them and he said he could not produce it. I even had another woman, a complete stranger, who was checking in at the same time as me and was hearing everything absolutely rip into Yusiff and this Marriott property for leaving a loyal customer stranded like this and for the poor service being shown.

The undeniable perception is that my discounted room was bumped for a full-price paying customer. Brad Spurlock, General Manager, needs to ensure this never happens again to anyone. It's called the hospitality industry for a damn reason. I'm here to tell everyone who relies on TripAdvisor how inhospitable the Courtyard Tampa Brandon was for my pregnant wife and myself.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank VanCityCanuck84
Brad S, General Manager at Courtyard Tampa Brandon, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey and sharing your experience with the Courtyard Brandon/Tampa.

Brad Spurlock

Reviewed 11 February 2014

I found this hotel to be quite nice. The rooms were well furnished and the staff was friendly and accommodating. Didn't get to try the restaurant but it smelled great. Only issue I had was the lack of parking. They share a lot with the Fairfield and on a busy weekend parking is hard to come by.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 January 2014

My husband and I spent a couple of days here while visiting with family in Sun City Center. The service was outstanding from the minute we walked in the door after and long and exhausting flight from Buffalo. Yusef (sorry, pretty sure that is spelled incorrectly) and Ivan were personable and friendly! Ivan stayed and fixed us dinner even though it was closing time for the Bistro. The room was clean and comfortable. The hotel was easy to find using our GPS, one caution though, there are toll roads that required an electronic pass, Be careful because there is no way to pay.

We will use this property in the future.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tampa
Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon
SpringHill Suites Tampa Brandon
Hampton Inn Tampa / Brandon
Homewood Suites Tampa Brandon
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon Regency Park
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tampa/Brandon

Been to Courtyard Tampa Brandon? Share your experiences!