“Mother's Day Surprise”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Bern's Steak House

Bern's Steak House
Ranked #8 of 2,367 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
West Palm Beach, Fl.
“Mother's Day Surprise”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

My husband booked us a table for Mother's Day weekend as a surprise over 2 months ago and when we called 4 weeks ago to add one more to our reservation we were told that that was not possible.The place was loud and just fair at best, I think we were expecting great things and our hopes were too high. The food was fine but nothing my husband can't cook at home, the sauces were weak and lacked flavor and our soup was cold.We did have a great waiter and enjoyed the tour of the wine cellar and kitchen, we also went upstairs to the dessert room but were very disappointed with the room.We could not read the print/font on the menu and had a couple" going at it " in the back booth, gross! We left as fast as we could finish eating and returned to our hotel across the street.

“Real Deal”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I heard all about this place from the locals I know. I went and was not disappointed. I had one of the best meals of my life (a Delmonico steak perfectly made). Make a reservation as early as possible - days out. I feel like I got lucky because a buddy and I just showed up (no reservations) and lucked out with a couple seats immediately available at the bar. I was told that it's rare to get a seat (even at the bar) so make a reservation! Must go if you're interested in excellent dining - and cost is not a problem for you.

Although I went with a friend, this is a perfect place for romantic date. Ask for the tour of the wine collection and visit the dessert room.

Atlanta, Georgia
“Exellent after all these years”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I had not been back to Bern's in many years and decided to try it again while visiting family. It is obviously still very popular since it was Monday and we could only get in at 5pm or 9pm. We picked the type and size of the steak and ordered some red wine from their amazing selection. Surprisinly the steak came with salad, potato,vegetable, and onion rings. Normally high end steak houses charge you for each item separately. We had dessert and after dinner wine upstairs after taking a tour of the kitchen and wine cellar. All were excpetional. It was everything I remembered from 10 and 20 years ago. All in a good way. You can't say that about many places. Thanks Bern's!

Concord, NC
“Go for the experience - so memorable.”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Anniversary dinner for us and it was a perfect pick. We didn't have reservations so we went at 4:30pm from the hotel across the street. One drink at the bar and we got a nice table in the restaurant area in the bar. Service started at 5:00pm. John was our server and he was excellent and so helpful with the menu. Definitely do the kitchen and wine room tour. We also signed up for the dessert room - just for the experience - we didn't need it after the dinner so we split a sampler from the menu. Read the reviews, they are all spot on. But no matter what your read, this restaurant has to be experienced to appreciate it.

• Visited April 2014
Hampshire
“Very Strange Place”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Started off badly, had to wait 20 mins for our table. Was directed to bar to get a drink. Found bar tender patronising when discussing wine. Whole place is a bit weird - food OK - nothing special though.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank chuffedwithbarcelo

Been to Bern's Steak House? Share your experiences!