“If you are not dining at Bern's you are not dining.”
Review of Bern's Steak House

Bern's Steak House
Ranked #14 of 2,607 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A unique culinary experience. Perfectly aged steaks. One of the largest wine collections in the world. An internationally famous dessert room. Wine cellar and kitchen tours available for all guests. These elements have combined since 1956 to provide our guests with a unique culinary experience. Our prime steaks are cut to order, vegetables are grown locally on the Bern's farm and sourced from the finest purveyors, and our menu includes 21 choices of caviar. Each visit to Bern's Steak House takes you on a gastronomic adventure that defines Bern's not as a meal but as an experience. We invite you to join us and experience Bern's.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

There are several restaurants in the area charging much higher prices. None of them are an experience. Looking for high quality service, food, dessert room, wine, atmosphere, start with Bern's. The staff are ex[experienced before they hit the floor, many have been there over 20 years. When choosing fine dining, look at Bern's first.

Eva R, Manager at Bern's Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Bill Y We appreciate you noting our unique dining experience! Thank you for taking the time to share; we look forward to having the pleasure of serving you again in the near future.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,964)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Go to the dessert room following dinner. Take the behind the scenes tour if you've never been. Be sure to make a reservation.

Andi_DH Thank you for you sharing your experience. We look forward to having you in again soon. Cheers

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I’m on a quest to find the best steak in every city I visit. When I first heard of Bern’s I couldn’t wait to try it. I called to make reservations for the two of us and was told we would have to wait 6 weeks for a reservation on Saturday night. Unexpected, but we let the anticipation build for a nice date night in the future. What a tremendous disappointment! Of all of the expensive steakhouses we’ve been to in the US and Canada, this is probably one of the worst. The steak is average at best. Sure, it’s a nice value to have a price fixe menu with some sides included, but not at the expense of the atmosphere and experience. Their dining room feels like a cafeteria rather than a fine dining experience. The tables are all on top of each other. My husband and I couldn’t even talk to each other because our voices were drowned out by the pomp and circumstance at the table next to us as they opened a bottle of something. The server had an open flame, a decanter, and even got that couples’ 10-year-old son involved in the ceremony. I have never seen such a public display of pretentiousness. Personally, I enjoy and appreciate the finer things in life, but this was just obnoxious. The three stars are for the dessert room upstairs. Great selection and atmosphere; this is definitely worth the trip. Just have dinner elsewhere first.

Eva R, Manager at Bern's Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Flroadwarrior1414 I am sorry to hear you were unimpressed with your Bern's experience, for we strive to exceed expectations in both service and cuisine. Thank you for your patience in reserving a weekend reservation (we do fill up quickly but try and accommodate as many guests as possible to keep up with the requests for Fridays and Saturdays); we hope you will give us another chance to "wow" you in the future. Thank you for noting our wonderful dessert room; we are glad you enjoyed!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Interesting that I recently wrote honest review on my visit but the mgmt made no comment. Yet someone else wrote favorable remarks only on dessert experience (to each his own). My remarks covered from the interior, our dining experience, and dessert yet other diner only mentioned their dessert. Hummm, see priorities of mgmt. Oh well.

dduerr2013 I apologize you feel as though your commentary for Bern's was over-looked, however, you did note your remarks on the Harry Waugh Dessert Room page, which the Dessert Room Management attends to as a complete separate entity and is not monitored by the Steak House Management. While we are cohesive, the negative comments left were not pertaining to the positive dessert room experience that you noted, hence why it was probably responded to in that manner. Thank you for bringing your thoughts to our attention; I am sorry your expectations were not exceeded, for we strive for excellence in both service and cuisine. As for our decor, we pay homage to Bern Laxer who traveled all over the world to collect the trinkets, furniture and paintings found throughout our restaurant; we pride ourselves in maintaining the legacy both he and Gert Laxer have left behind. Thank you once again for your opinion, we hope you will join us again so we can "wow" you with a true Bern's experience.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

It has been many years since I have eaten at Bern’s. When visiting friends suggested we dine at the Tampa landmark I was all for it.
We were not disappointed. All the grandeur is still there. And the meal - magnificent! Served by a waiter who cares! Made for a fabulous evening

EnidBetty Thank you for choosing to dine with us during your trip to Tampa. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your experience and that we are highly recommended by your friends; we hope you will return on your next visit!

Been to Bern's Steak House? Share your experiences!