“Saturday evening, no reservations.....”

Currents Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 140 Restaurants in Tarpon Springs
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Well, we tried, very popular restaurant, and we were very pleasantly surprised, the hostess gently advised us to wait at the bar, and with in minutes we were seated, not the best seat, but our hostess said we should make reservations next time. Very nicely done, the service was good, the waiter was fine, maybe a bit under trained how to welcome and interact, but so be it. "Good evening, and welcome" always works with me. I had he Caprese salad and chicken, and I was pleased, my wife also like her dinner, so all end all, good first experience, and I felt the next time I go will be even better. Nice bar.....

There are newer reviews for Currents Restaurant

Reviewed 5 April 2014

We visited when my wife wanted seafood while I was in a beef mood. Currents was a perfect choice! The Seared Salmon was well done as requested, and the NY Strip was a perfect medium rare. Service was a little slow, but the server was attentive when he came by. We'll be back.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Everything really was excellent. We shared a bowl of the bisque and it was very flavorful - just wish there was more! I had the pork tenderloin accompanied by mashed potatoes and their jalapeno goat cheese corn. The sauce on the pork was out of this world! My boyfriend had the ribeye special and it was honestly one of the best steaks either of us had ever tasted. It was seasoned and cooked to perfection. For dessert we had key lime pie and it was wonderful. Everything here is homemade - during the introduction to the restaurant our server told us that and after our meal it was clear! My only one minor complaint were the $9 martinis we had - tasty yes, but not very strong. If I am ever up in this area of Pinellas County again I will definitely return to Currents!

Reviewed 15 March 2014

We dropped in on a Saturday evening, without reservations and probably under dressed. No problem, they got us in anyway, and it turns out there were plenty of people in jeans among the people who dressed up. Either way seemed perfectly fine. Our server was very good and always just on time when needed. The food was quite good, with husband having the Chilean Sea Bass, which he thought was good, and I had the chicken which was very good. They have a nice wine list too. We will definitely return, though we'll make reservations this time so we don't have to sit at a high top.

Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

Our dinner last night was wonderful! The grouper piccata was fresh and light and the duck prepared perfectly. The staff was efficient and friendly and went out of their way to make sure we had a relaxing evening.