“A bit hard to find, but nice to find in a town this size”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Tarpon Springs Performing Arts Center
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Went here to see 'The Boyfriend' (with friends). The theatre itself was hard to find (we'd started the evening on Tarpon's Main Street with a pleasant pre-show soiree). We found ourselves walking through a rather dicey area we hadn't realized exists on our way from Tarpon Ave. to the theatre which is in City Hall. I've been to many theatres and this one is large and comfortable enough to be considered a local 'plus'. The production needed another low microphone or two on-stage but was worthy of the ticket price. Recommend you 'check it out' when there's a play or production you'd like to see.

1  Thank Wanderlassie

Reviewed 28 February 2014

Recently went to see excellent performance of The Pirates of Penzance. Wonderful actors, music & singing by the cast of all ages! Real gem of a theater for a small community.

1  Thank SharOnMader_13
Reviewed 17 December 2013

The theater is a wonderful place for performing arts. The stage is quite large in relation to the seating. Every seat is terrific, up close, personal and comfortable.

Reviewed 14 June 2013

Having had really good experiences recently at Tarpon Springs, we bought a set of tickets for their summer events, including the Great Gatsby evening with big band music. Attendees were encouraged to wear roaring 20s outfits. I shopped and got a boa, long pearls and other accessories for what I thought would be a fun evening of music.

We rearranged our day to have an early dinner, drive the 30 minutes and get to Tarpon Spriings long before the 7 p.m. start time. At arrival I was told that even though I had purchased tickets in advance there was no seating left in the room with music. My choice was either to sit on a bench in the hallway or go to another room down the hall where "you can still hear the music". I guess they can't count chairs. Others who walked in assuming they could buy tickets at the door were told the event was sold out.

After a long, unhappy discussion we left. Other tickets we had and have for future events are all reserved seating. I decided, after this experience, to only attend those events. I don't want this experience again.

2  Thank Barbara V
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Very nice theater in Tarpon Springs. Well kept, professional, and a good variety of nice shows. Very enjoyable venue.