“Very tasty!”

Ranked #12 of 141 Restaurants in Tarpon Springs
Cuisines: Greek, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Come experience the rich Greek Culture of the Tarpon Springs Sponge Docks. Mama's provides the finest in authentic Greek cuisine, Live Greek Music, and Entertainment; including Belly Dancing! Mama's Greek Cuisine is where Where The Locals Meet to Eat!
Reviewed 24 November 2013

The food was served hot and fairly quickly considering the number of patrons. Prices are fair considering the amount of food served. Service was good but we did not receive refills on our beverages. Overalls, a good experience but the restaurant was rather noisy (music).

Reviewed 18 November 2013

We were taken in by the lunch special $9.95 also.. and the two for one drinks.Yummy Sangria...or beer......

Our gyro was excellent - none of that cheap imitation meat - real flame roasted lamb or beef. The taziki sauce was homemade and delicious.

My "special" was a bit disappointing - it was suppose to have béchamel sauce but had thick white custard topping instead. And greek potatoes were just thick slices of whole potatoes..

Waitress was busy with the lunch crowd - but pleasant and agreeable. She even spoke to locals in greek and taught us a few words...

We would definitely go back for the gyros though...

Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

Although the dishes have greek names and look like Greek food I was very disappointed. Pastitsio and musaka taste horrible saganaki was ok but would not go out of my way for this place. I am planing to give it one more chance and hope this time was just a bad parenthesis

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Had the lunch special and really enjoyed it! For the price you got a generous Greek salad, soda, your choice of several entrees and baklava for dessert! Food quality was good and all 4 of us had different entree specials and enjoyed them all, Our waitress was running her butt off and still was cheerful and gave great service in spite of how busy it was. Well done!

Reviewed 10 November 2013

We visited this restaurant on our weekend trip to Tarpon Springs on November 10, 2013. They were busy and the waitresses were running fast. We got our bread and salad fairly quickly but our meal took almost one hour to arrive. I was ready to leave, but my wife and sister in law wanted to stay and wait. To begin the waitress had to clean the table twice and it was still dirty, my wife's wine glass was dirty, our Greek salad wasn't fresh, the lettuce was old or frost bitten from being kept in the fridge too long, I ordered an Octopus dish, it was OK, we can't do much with and Octopus, but my Sister in law's pasta dish with shrimp was disgusting. it was a large amount, but everything was overcooked and soggy. She returned it but she was still charged, We talked to the manager and she completely ignored our complaint. I went to see the kitchen, there was no kitchen, it is a little hole in the wall where 3 cooks run to prepare food on one 4 foot grill, one stove with 4 burners and one oven. STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!

2  Thank Luistr