“Yummy Ice Cream ”

Twistee Treat Tarpon Springs
Ranked #7 of 11 Dessert in Tarpon Springs
Price range: US$2 - US$8
Description: Serving up your favorite homemade soft serve ice cream out of a giant ice cream cone building! Our menu includes over 20 flavors of soft serve, shakes, malts, twirls, slushies, banana splits, brownie boats, cookiewiches, waffle tacos, hot dogs and more!
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

Stopped here for a treat with my granddaughter. She got a child strawberry ice cream cone and I had a small vanilla cone. My granddaughter really liked her ice cream and my vanilla ice cream was creamy and delicious. Except for the rain that forced us back into the car, we had a great time.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 20 May 2018

After going to the beach we decided to stop for something cold. The drive-thru line was really long so we parked and ordered. There was only one person in front of us. They were out of orange. The ice cream was not memorable. Nice picnic tables outside the cone shaped building. Went to use the restroom and the person that was unloading boxes was throwing them everywhere. Had to move some to get to the restroom. Probably won't stop again.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 20 November 2017

After waiting 20 minutes in line (only 1 car ahead of me) She finally takes my order. The car ahead if me had 2 ice cream cones and it took another 10 minutes. When I pulled up to the window I was referred to as "an old man" and after complaining about the time taking so long I was told to put my arm out the window for a refund or she would drop my money on the ground. I have never been so insulted at a drive through ice cream place in my life. BOYCOTT THIS BUSINESS

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 26 October 2017

Omg I wanted to cry. My grandmother use to always take me to Twistee Treat when I was young. I haven't been there in over a decade, but my husband has never had their ice cream and he wanted to try it, so I encouraged him. I remember how rich and creamy the ice cream tasted. I was alarmed when I saw how vast the menu was. We ordered 2 medium chocolate vanilla swirls. I should have known by how tall and shiny the ice cream looked, it was not normal. I was right! It was waxy and slick almost lard like in texture. I was so disappointed. The flavor and cones were the same, but this is not ice cream. This is garbage and I feel sorry for the poor people standing in line for this junk. They have no idea how good it use to be. I am so grateful for Stachan's, because I am never going back to TT!

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 28 September 2017

Very rich ice cream. Not for the faint at heart. Delicious. Cones are so big I always get a small or enough to share with wife. Lines a bit long at times but ice cream is great.

Date of visit: August 2017