“Lovely Restaurant, good food and service”
Review of Casa Mia Cafe - CLOSED

Casa Mia Cafe
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 November 2013

We love dining at Casa Mia. One of the finest restaurants in the town. Food is superb. We enjoyed the Vitello Marsala & the lobster ravioli with a nice bottle of Montepulciano D'Abruzzo. Service excellent. Relaxing atmosphere. Beautifully decorated. Family owned and managed - Owners are always there and make you feel welcome. This is a favorite spot for us.

1  Thank FarnsworthHouseBB

Reviewed 22 October 2013

we often eat at casa mia when visiting family in the tavares area. It is far and away the best italian in this part of florida. Pasta dishes are excellent and the chicken and veal dishes are equally delicious. Portions are generous. We always call for reservations and the service is always quite good. If you want solid italian food in this area of florida, don't miss casa mia.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Went there with a party of five during "Happy Hour." Uh, not so much. Beer selections non-existent looked at wine list and was more than I would pay, so asked if there was a house Cianti on Happy Hour. Wasn't about to pay $7.50 for the non Happy Hour per glass selection so said yes to the house wine. $8.98 when the bill came. Buck a sip. Bad choice by me, and by the server, because I won't go back now. We're local and eat out most meals and love good Italian. This would have been a regular stop. The food was good, priced right-- homemade past best I've had. Service (other than the issue above) was good, too. But...I feel duped. And, yes, we did question the bill when it came and were told it was the "happy hour" house wine. Buyer Beware! Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. I'm crossing it off my list. Or, if I do go I'll stick with the house water.

Reviewed 16 July 2013

Had dinner here with family and friends at the recommendation of a local. The restaurant is beautifully decorated. Received mediocre service - it appears that if you are a "regular" you receive much more attention. I ordered the eggplant rollatini (one of my favorites at other restaurants). It had a strange vinegar taste - I had my husband taste it to make sure - he agreed so I told the waiter. He told the manager who came over and apologized and offered to have the chef remake it. I said that would be fine but to have him put it in a to go container (the rest of my group would be finished with dinner by the time I got mine back). When she brough the new dish out I decided to taste it and it had the same vinegary taste - this time I had my friend taste it and he said he could smell the vinegar. I told the waiter and asked if perhaps the eggplant could have gone sour - his reply was "no one else has complained" I asked him to return it. He didn't ask if I wanted anything else and the manager never returned to our table. What a shame - we love to dine out and would love to become "regulars"

Reviewed 15 May 2013

We go to Casa Mia for lunch about every month, a half-hour drive - but so worth it.
I usually get the chicken special, but today decided to get Lasagna. Lunch entrees come with a house salad and their good bread and olive oil dip. The lasagna - a pretty good portion - was fantastic. Prepared perfectly and the sauce was so flavorful. Now get this - the meal is $6.50. What a bargain for such a wonderful meal.
The restaurant is family owned/operated. After watching some Food Channel shows, I get concerned re cleanliness etc - no concerns here - spotless. The ambiance is so Italy... I AM NOT a relative or such - simply a diner that appreciates good value and good food and service.

1  Thank DeanoMarino