“Drugs & fees in my room... Gee how did I get so lucky?”
Review of La Bella Inn

La Bella Inn
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Tavares
Reviewed 29 May 2012

This place is a sleaze ball motel which appears to be grand for the local druggies and rats.. My parents came for a visit and stayed ONE night in this horrible building before checking into a hotel down the road.. Sometimes saving $ isn't worth it.
And while staying there and cleaning up the room ( yes cleaning the room, we found needles and other drugs items.. Yep it's classy.)

Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank familytravels2013

Reviewed 26 May 2012

I made the reservation at this hotel a couple of months before Bikefest in Leesburg. After reading a few reviews, I was expecting a real dump and so I was pleasantly surprised to find the room to be entirely acceptable. The room was clean and once the A/C was on for a bit, the initial musty smell was gone.

The office folks were friendly and helpful, and while there are few frills like fancy shampoo and such, the rate was very reasonable compared to other hotels during the huge Bikefest weekend. I plan to go again next year and will likely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 December 2011

This hotel might need to work on the overall quality of the hotel. They might have made great strides but looks like it has take two steps back. When one of the people we were with asked for more towels they were rudely told that the had given them some the night before and they didn't need any more towels. Also that night the owners I guess were out in front of the office talking loudly and drinking. Then the following morning we were told that we had to wait for towels because the guy had just woke up and needed time to wake up.  When we tried to check out we had to ask a few times to get a final bill.

• Stayed: December 2011
2  Thank Jstroud84
Reviewed 21 November 2011

I've stayed here twice in the past few months. The rooms are basic and clean and and odor-free. the beds are comfortable and having a frig and microwave were very useful. it's a bargain compared to rates in the area. i looked at other motels along this corridor and they were all about the same quality. parking right in front of the room. I was concerned about road noise as it is located on a busy road but it was quiet in the rooms. if you are looking for a resort...go elsewhere but if your focus is a clean, quick, cheap night off the road...it is the best value.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Deborah34227
Reviewed 27 June 2011

I reserved a 2 week stay at what I thought was a basic, clean motel in order to handle a family emergency . Another family member was already staying there for several days and said the rooms were okay. My room had a shower curtain so moldy and full of body odor that the bathroom stunk. The towels had black stains on them. The bedding had multiple long black hairs there and the room was very shabby. When I asked at the desk why the room was in such poor condition, I was advised that rooms rented by the week were not maintained the same as the rooms rented by the night because the weekly rate was discounted. Since I needed to stay 2 weeks, I asked for my money back and was refunded most, but told I must pay the daily rate for one night even though I left without staying there, because in examining the room "I had messed up the room." I guess looking at the sheets and towels and presenting the disgusting shower curtain to the manager constituted messing up the room. I complained to Americas Best HQ, but they claimed each motel is run independently and all they offered was a reply from the manager , in which he didn't deny my findings, but considered that I did not leave the room in its original condition and thus, was not due a refund for the night, I am pursuing this through the FL BBB. The America's Best did say that they would investigate the cleanliness of the motel further.

5  Thank Grace60811
Reviewed 7 March 2011

If only we could have stayed there 30 years ago.
In its day it may have been a nice place, but for the price we paid and the shape it was in it will be our one and only time.
When we got there we got to see the kids bikes laying by the front door. Then we went inside and found the kids behind the counter with the owner/operator. On the floor behind the counter was newspapers with some kind of rabbit or animal food.

Things wrong with the place-
Gum and nastyness on the stairwells, Door was broken and lock falling apart, Stains on all the chairs, Carpet mismatched with dirt and grime all over it, Smoke alarm broken and laying on the desk, Stains on the shower curtian, mismatched ceiling tiles and trim and Stains and nasty stuff on the head board.
Dog friendly- Yes they are but they want cash for the dog fee.
After staying there my dog need a bath when he got home!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank vagogh
Reviewed 27 April 2010

the room was in clean order, the shower was horrible the first night, then the manager replaced the shower head. the towels were old and not absobent, they should be replaced, there was no place to hang clothes, the a/c worked great! overall it was a fair place for a fair price during the event. if it we not for Shamir Desai, we would not have enjoyed our stay here. the place is old but it has been kept up, try putting some decorations in the rooms and dress it up a little. the comforters are old and should be replaced and the beds are weak, old and very springy and should be relaced.

thanks,

Donald k Taylor

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank taylormade1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tavares
1 mi away
Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
#13 of 17 in Clermont
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Leesburg/Mt Dora

Been to La Bella Inn? Share your experiences!