“Dirty Dirty Dirty”

Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Tavares
Palm Coast, Florida
“Dirty Dirty Dirty”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

My wife and i stayed at this place for three nights. We got a kitchenette because i like to make my own breakfast. I had no idea it wouldn't have any cookware or dinnerware. Kind of makes the kitchenette worthless don't you think? Really that was kind of minor compared to how dirty the place was. The floor in the kitchenette was sticky and dirty, and the sheets on the bed had blood stains and what appeared to be urine stains. We made them give us another room. The room they gave us was better. That is until we pulled down the blankets to reveal what appeared to be a sweaty butt crack print with a hair!. We were tired and i didn't want to go looking for another place to stay so we pealed the sheets off and took them down to the office and got clean sheets and put them on the bed ourselves. And they had bugs, my wife was even bitten by one in the room. Oh yeah, I almost forgot! The ice machine was broken as well. We are fine with out of date/shabby decor but a dirty bug infested hotel we are not. Do yourself a favor and steer clear of the Inn on the Green! (And by the way, there is no golf course nearby so I have no idea what "Green" they could possibly be referring to in the name.)

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank doug r

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Palm harbor
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

I stay in motels all over the state of Florida and this motel is 1 star at best. Noisy,dirty with old worn beds. The rooms have wood blinds that do not keep the outside light from piercing into the room. There were ants in the bathroom... pay up to avoid this place.

• Stayed February 2014
Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

Spent Valentine's afternoon and night here. The place is old and run-down. There were a few "quaint" things in the room, the back wooden wall behind the bed , the striped 70's carpet was kinda of cute......but the room smelled, it was a big room that was a plus , but the only plus. Motel is kinda hard to get to, the rate was way too much for what we got. We were way way overcharged. Little things $4 for a local map? Aside from that , again I repeat.........we were way way overcharged for the room.

Room Tip: Just don't go here..........
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
MIAMI
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

Sorry this place is gross .Very dated. I booked this online, finding the reviews were NOT accurate. It is far from a 3.5 star rating more like 1 star. Upon closing the door daylight was visible under the door, about 1/2 inch and about 6 inches wide.See picture below The ceiling had a nasty repair crack about 15 ft, that wasn't properly repaired and looked horrible!.Picture below. The opposite side of the room had a huge crack and split about 3 ft long.See picture below. Returning from dinner we found out the door did not securely close. We checked that it was locked but not that the door could be pushed in. While checking out, I notified the cleaning lady and she said that they were aware of it but the maintenance person hadn't fixed it. Really! Lastly the "Continental breakfast was a joke! Mini donuts in a tupperware container. Do not recommend at all. I prepaid for this and was not able to get out of it. Don't do the same. We travel quite a bit and this is an accurate true review.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ROADMAN35
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

this is a place to stay the place is amazing and very quiet very safe very clean very nice people I would stay here everytime I come in town I am very satisfied with this place the management team are very nice and they do everything to make you happy and enjoy your stay while you're here

• Stayed December 2013
Mount Dora, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

I stayed here for two nites, totally unplanned and had a wonderful time, My animals were safe and the lawn and view is amazing. There were all types of birds on the lawn. The pool is great! The reason that I write this is for the STAFF. They are simply amazing, supportive, helpful and honest people. Lori and Twinkle made such an impression on me that I can barely express my gratitude. I had lost a substantial amount of cash and not only did they help me look for it, once they found it they called and returned it to me. Such a blessing. Great, clean pet friendly place with all of the accommodations you would need for a trip to Lake County!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Holiday, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

Passing thru town on business,spent one night there.Rooms are larger than normal,decor is stylish,clean & priced reasonably.Got a good nights sleep as beds were comfortable.Had no complaints & would definetly stay there again.Staff was very pleasant.Very nice.Location is appealling for weekend getaway.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tavares
Quality Inn and Suites Mount Dora
BEST WESTERN PLUS Lake County Inn & Suites
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Leesburg/Mt Dora
Key West Resort on Lake Dora
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tavares
Lakeside Inn
Lakeside Inn
#2 of 5 in Mount Dora

Been to Inn on the Green? Share your experiences!