Comfort Inn & Suites of Tavares
Lakeside Inn(Mount Dora)
US$157
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
All reviewslake countybest western hoteldirectly across the streetlobby and breakfast arearoom was cleanstay there againbest westernsbeautiful lobbyexcellent hotelflorida hospitalbreakfast was includedstaying at this hotelper nightnice breakfasthot breakfastyogurtthree nights
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We stayed here for one night while we were in Mt. Dora for a few activities. We stayed in a non-smoking 2 Queen Bed Suite. The suite itself was spacious with plenty of room to stretch out, but there was no separation from the bedroom half of the room to the living room half. They had 2 nice tvs in the room, but without any separation of space, there was no way to watch 2 different shows (one for kids and one for grownups) as you could hear everything on the other tv. The desk chair was a bit too low for working at the table, so if you are there for office work, it might be a problem. Casual use was fine. The lid to the a/c unit fell off when you had to adjust it, but you could just sit it back in and move on. The view we had was comical. Literally opened the curtain to stare at a wall. It was the backside of the porte cochere. The microwave was pretty useless and didn't even properly pop a bag of popcorn. Also a bit of a safety issue. I pulled the handle to open the microwave door and the whole thing almost fell out of the cabinet.

The Lobby was lovely with a tv behind a waterfall and the receptionist was able to get us in to our room a little early since there was a room available.

We ordered pizza from the local place listed in the key holder and they were also very professional with yummy pizza.

Vending machines offered Pepsi products, so no Coke Zero for me, but it worked. The ice machine on our floor didn't work, but there was a sign on it to go down one floor for a working machine. I sent the kids.

Pool was average, slightly cold. Hot tub was luke warm but felt nice after the cool pool water. Jets weren't very strong, but a hot tub is relaxing no matter what.

Breakfast was good. Make your own waffle, yogurt, eggs, sausages, tater tots, cereal, coffee, juice, etc. Nice little old lady was in charge of the breakfast. I didn't ask a lot of questions, but I got the feeling the little old man also helping might have been her husband but that he didn't officially work there. He attempted to help my son get a waffle out of the iron, but he used his thumbs to wiggle it free. When they were distracted, I threw that one away and made a new one without the extra germs. Nice couple, helpful, just not completely sold on their sanitary procedures.

Overall, I would stay there again for short stays. If we were there long term and spending more time in the room, I would consider other locations.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 October 2013

This Best Western hotel is what all lodging establishments should be like. Warm friendly and helpful staff, well presented rooms and common areas and comfortable beds. I have no hesitation in recommending this establishment.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 1 October 2013

we stayed this hotel for night and were thoroughly pleased with the Hotel. My friend have stayed at several other Best Western hotels but found this one to be the BEST. Rooms were spacious and Clean. Complimentary breakfast was very good. Overall, superb Hotel, and remember its Best Western Plus, impressive ambience.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Traveler108
Reviewed 17 September 2013

It was a delightly find to get a new comfortable perfectly located hotel for a family event. The hotel was quiet and rivaled stays in big name atlanta hotel for room quality. The breakfast was great and enough choices to be able to eat there several days in a row.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Abigail B
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Location was the first reason for selecting BW Lake County Inns and Suites.... Its across the street from the hospital. We were staying at another hotel in Leesburg, FL when my husband ended up in the ER. I decided to move to BW because it was closer. The staff was wonderful and they gave me flexibilty to stay however many nights I needed. The room was clean and had everything...a comfortable bed, TV, and a refrigerator. Also it is close the the Antique Boat Show in Tavares so we will return.

• Stayed: September 2013