“What a surprise !”

Best Western Plus Lake County Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Tavares
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Wow ! I won't mean to sound like a snob, but I never expected such a comfortable room at a BW !! This particular property was wonderful. Clean, clean, clean and very comfy bed and pillows. Great location as well.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Jane S

Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here several times because it was an excellent dog friendly hotel. In the past I have given it five stars but can't rate it like that this time. The main problem on this visit was the toilet. We had to manually depress the float to fill the bowl and manually lift the float to stop the water running. Reported it each day of our stay and they apparently adjusted it the first day but it only worked once. The failure to fix this pretty simple but significant problem cost the rating two stars.

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Bill B
Reviewed 14 March 2014

I am most fortunate to have stayed at such a lovely inn whose efficient and courteous services welcomed by pet also. The staff was courteous and the lobby is quite interesting. The roses at the entry are lovely and landscape quite nice. The views are restful and quiet.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Roberta G
Reviewed 11 March 2014

3 times ibn the last year a friend and I stayed @ this hotel. Twice on check in I (or the friend) had to be moved to a cleaner room. This time I wiped the bathroom floor not wanting to hasel with the desk and move.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 March 2014

In January, I stayed here for the first time for three nights. It seemed like a pleasant place so when I came back to this area amonth later, I chose it again for a two night stay. Again it was great. Good front-desk service, clean room,quiet (sets back from the road), attractive lobby area, and a free breakfast with a solid variety and good presentation. Good beds too. And it is a good value compared to other hotels around and in a good strategic location for shopping/restaurants. Why stay anywhere else?

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank McNinch
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Our stay at the Best Western PLUS Lake County Inn & Suites in Tavares, FL was very pleasant. The hotel is decorated in a modern and very clean style. The staff is pleasant and eager to please to make your style a comfortable one. The breakfast has a wide assortment of food, something for most everyone. Add freshly baked cookies in the evening and this hotel would have it all!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank car0lb541
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I stayed at this hotel for ONE night because I had to attend a workshop in the area the following day. When I made my reservation, I requested a late check-out because my husband was traveling with me and I thought he could just hang out at the hotel or use the fitness center until I got done at my workshop until 2 pm. He was refused the late check-out and the woman at the front desk was extremely rude to him. I thought it was unfair to not accommodate a late check out for us, as I requested it ahead of time, explained why I requested it, and paid full price for our room!! But the way she spoke to my husband when he asked about it, is UNACCEPTABLE. I would rather stay at the nearby resort and pay an extra $90 to be treated respectfully and considerately by the facility and their staff. I will not be staying at this hotel again, and have serious doubts about the company's customer service practices in general.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tavares
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tavares
Key West Resort on Lake Dora
Quality Inn and Suites Mount Dora
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Leesburg/Mt Dora
Hampton Inn Mount Dora
Hampton Inn Mount Dora
#1 of 5 in Mount Dora
Best Western Plus Chain Of Lakes Inn & Suites

Been to Best Western Plus Lake County Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!