“It was OK”

Thai Jasmine & Sushi House
Ranked #17 of 72 Restaurants in Tavares
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 14 August 2013 via mobile

My wife and I have been into sushi lately. We heard good things about this place so we went by to try it. The food was good compared with other local sushi shops. But I can go to other places and get a better value and a much better atmosphere. The employees were dressed like they just walked off the street. Maybe worse.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

I was going to write, what I thought was, a new review on this restaurant when the TripAdvisor site automatically notified me I had Already Done So...... several years ago! Nothing's changed. When you drive up to this restaurant you quickly see, it's in an old run-down strip center and there's very little fresh or NEW to make you want to rush in the door. It looks dirty and old, because.......
Due to the lack of great restaurants in Lake Co., we have continued to 'throw the dice' and eat here about 3-4 times a year but, apparently upon research - nothings any different- it's still High Risk! I got worried after the last time (Feb.) and checked with Lake Co.FL. Health Dept. Rest.Inspection Records and saw 22 total violations, during the last inspection of March 2013. So, there's no possible chance of inaccurate reporting: their business lic. # is 4502067 in Tavares. 5 violations of the 22 were 'High Priority', while 8 were 'Intermediate Violations'. These are mostly over cleanliness: 'washed hands' and 'food contact points'. However, you'd think after all these years in business- they'd have it down-pat by now- that has me worried enough to write again and, most likely, not return.
Despite what 'glowing' reviews are written here, I still think Thai Jasmine is overpriced, and need to clean up their act. In closing would say; the service has always been exemplary! I hope my review, in some small way, is instrumental in making them just simply: Try Harder !

Reviewed 21 April 2013 via mobile

We read some reviews and decided to check this place out. We are so glad that we did.....what an awesome find!! Service is great, food was amazing and the prices were great as well. My wife and I shared a hand rolled sushi combo, which tasted great and was beautifully made. We also had the pad thai, which was the best we had ever eaten. Also, the red bean ice cream desert and the thai tea was awesome. Great place....you have to stop in here for some great food!

Reviewed 21 March 2013

I've been driving by this place for years and never even gave it a 2nd look! I actually read about on Trip Advisor and decided to give it a try. Excellent Sushi, great Thai food and very friendly service. I agree that the outside is nothing to look at and the inside is not much better, but if you like good food and good service this is a must try!

Reviewed 18 March 2013

Friendly helpful staff and very tasty thai food with a large menu for such a small restaurant. Have never been disappointed either with the thai foods or with their sushi/sashimi. Keep it up!