“Get the Key Lime Pie!”

Ranked #7 of 23 Restaurants in Tavernier
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Description: Craig’s Restaurant – A don’t miss Florida Keys destination specializing in "breakfast always", huge sandwiches and fresh fish and seafood. Craig’s is not only an historic landmark, it’s also the oldest continuously chef-owned-and-operated restaurant in the Upper Keys and a favorite of the locals. Come casual, you're in the Keys! We also have a pet friendly patio.
Cumberland, Maryland
“Get the Key Lime Pie!”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We saw the billboard ad for this restaurant and it was a welcome find. We were all very hungry and couldn't find a restaurant as we rode our Harleys to Key West. Finally when we saw the advertisement for this restaurant we stopped. The fish sandwich was very good but the Key Lime Pie was excellent! We really enjoyed our lunch here!

2 Thank R H

“Excellent Fish Sandwich.”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

The fish sandwich they are known for is excellent. My wife and I both had the grouper, one grilled and one fried. Both were real tasty, but the the grilled was a little bit better. Service was nothing special and it was pricey.

Visited April 2014
Madison, Wisconsin
“Missing all the things we did”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

As other reviews have indicated, the predominant feature of this restaurant was slow slow service. I stopped her with my kids - ages 12 and 14 - on April 16, 2014 for lunch. As we wanted to make it to Key West at a reasonable time, but did not want to eat at a chain-restaurant, we thought we could get a quick bite to eat at Craig's.

Although the restaurant was only about a third-full and it was before 1 pm - we were not served until 45 minutes after we ordered. Although the food was acceptable (though I hardly declare the expensive fish sandwich my son and I ordered "world famous" - oh wait, now I remember that person asking me about the famous Craig's fish sandwich last time I was in Phnom Penh . . .), I wouldn't stop here if you are in a hurry or on a tight budget.

Because of the slow service, my kids were concerned we would get to Key West too late to see old Hemingway's house, I reassured them by singing a little Bertie Higgins "here's lookin' at you kid, missing all the things we did, we can find it once again, I know, just like they did in Key Largo . . ."

• Visited April 2014
“Okay but Not Worth the Price”
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

The food at Craig's ranged between poor to good, but $18 for a grouper sandwich on whole wheat bread from the grocery store? Come on. That's just ridiculous. It was a good sandwich, but nothing special. My daughter didn't even finish her fish & chips, it was that bad. To add insult to injury, the service was extremely slow. Keep driving past Craig's. It's not worth it.

traveling cat
“quite tasty, good service”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

stopped for lunch on the recommendation of others on the dive boat. was quite tasty and hubby had a real authentic Rueben sandwich which he loves and is always hard to find if not in the Northeast. was a reasonable cost as well and we had plenty to eat for the price. all good.

1 Thank carpefeline