“not very hight quality food”
Review of Craig's Restaurant

Craig's Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 23 Restaurants in Tavernier
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Craig’s Restaurant – A don’t miss Florida Keys destination specializing in "breakfast always", huge sandwiches and fresh fish and seafood. Craig’s is not only an historic landmark, it’s also the oldest continuously chef-owned-and-operated restaurant in the Upper Keys and a favorite of the locals. Come casual, you're in the Keys! We also have a pet friendly patio.
Coral Gables, Florida
“not very hight quality food”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

There is a sign at front advertising the low cost breakfast deal, and it is. The problem is there are so many better places to eat in the Keys that I will never go back. The places is dirty and not kept up very well.

Visited February 2014

Tallahassee, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst Breakfast Ever”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Husband and I stopped here for what we thought would be a nice breakfast before leaving the Keys. We didn't order the cheaper-$5 breakfast advertised on the road sign, but maybe that would have been a better idea. We each got the Western Omelette for $9 each. The eggs were rubbery and the cheese was gross-tasting, I think that it was velveeta, not cheese. The coffee was watery. The service was not too good--had to get up and get our own butter and jam for our toast. When I used the restroom, I noticed the thinnest toilet paper available--true sign of tightwad owners. I would bypass this place for breakfast.

• Visited May 2014
Cumberland, Maryland
“Get the Key Lime Pie!”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We saw the billboard ad for this restaurant and it was a welcome find. We were all very hungry and couldn't find a restaurant as we rode our Harleys to Key West. Finally when we saw the advertisement for this restaurant we stopped. The fish sandwich was very good but the Key Lime Pie was excellent! We really enjoyed our lunch here!

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank R H
“Excellent Fish Sandwich.”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

The fish sandwich they are known for is excellent. My wife and I both had the grouper, one grilled and one fried. Both were real tasty, but the the grilled was a little bit better. Service was nothing special and it was pricey.

Visited April 2014
Madison, Wisconsin
“Missing all the things we did”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

As other reviews have indicated, the predominant feature of this restaurant was slow slow service. I stopped her with my kids - ages 12 and 14 - on April 16, 2014 for lunch. As we wanted to make it to Key West at a reasonable time, but did not want to eat at a chain-restaurant, we thought we could get a quick bite to eat at Craig's.

Although the restaurant was only about a third-full and it was before 1 pm - we were not served until 45 minutes after we ordered. Although the food was acceptable (though I hardly declare the expensive fish sandwich my son and I ordered "world famous" - oh wait, now I remember that person asking me about the famous Craig's fish sandwich last time I was in Phnom Penh . . .), I wouldn't stop here if you are in a hurry or on a tight budget.

Because of the slow service, my kids were concerned we would get to Key West too late to see old Hemingway's house, I reassured them by singing a little Bertie Higgins "here's lookin' at you kid, missing all the things we did, we can find it once again, I know, just like they did in Key Largo . . ."

• Visited April 2014