“Wonderful Escape”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Tavernier
Louisville, Kentucky
“Wonderful Escape”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

What a wonderful place to stay! The staff was amazing and very friendly! Most importantly everything was so neat and clean! Can't wait to visit again! Thank you Kelly for taking great care of our family!!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I stayed in an efficiencie for a wedding over the weekend and I have to stay this is a hidden gem. I dont even want to tell my friends and family about this beautiful resort. The pool, dock, and little cabins that are tucked away by the pool or overlooking the bay are what make this place so special. Kelly was the most friendliest host I have came across in a very long time. She really went out of her way to ensure we had everything we needed while we were there. The owner is lucky to have such an amazing front desk person. I own a hotel in Miami and I would steal her away in a heartbeat if she moved to Miami and needed a job. The sunsets are the most spectacular and a great way to end a long day after boating. We had a bottle of wine and enjoyed the nice breeze as the sun set under the tiki. The only thing I would suggest is putting hammocks up and putting tissues in the rooms. I would also like to add they are in the process of renovating this hotel and from what I can see Atlantic Bay is going to be the place to stay if you are planning a trip to Tavernier or Key Largo. Keep up the great work and I am sure your resort will go far.

Room Tip: Stay in Cottage 1 or 2. They are the first 2 tha t are being renovated.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Kelly S, Manager at Atlantic Bay Resort, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Next time you visit Tavernier you should stay in one of the cottages. They are going to be updated to the fullest and we know how suprised all of our repeat guests are going to react when they see what we have done to the cottages. In my 10 years of customer service I have learned to treat each and every guest with a proffesional attitude because we want your business and I am the first person you come in contact with when staying at a resort. A smile is worth a thousand words. I have tissues and hammocks on the list of things that need to be added to the rooms and beach area. A bottle of wine and a sunset at Atlantic Bay will take your breath away and allow you to have a wonderful rest to power up for the next day of adventures you have planned during your stay with us. We hope you come back and see us again. It was a pleasure having you stay with us.
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

Great hide away, quiet, peaceful with great sunsets! The staff is terrific and beyond accommodating. We are repeat customers and Atlantic Bay has quickly become our favorite spot in the keys :)

AH
Miami, FL

• Stayed October 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 20 October 2013

This was my first time to this resort. With so many places to choose from in the keys, we decided on this place and we did not regret it one bit. It was very clean and very relaxing. My family and I had an AWESOME time and we will definitely be coming back next year. Kelly was awesome - very friendly and gave us some great ideas on places to eat and showed us around the resort so that we knew where everything was. This resort has a beautiful view and I loved that there was a swimming pool for my kids to enjoy. If your looking for a great place to stay while you visit the Florida Keys, this place is definitely the right one!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
As we speak the cottages are under construction. The owner is not cutting any corners. We want our guests to be more comfortable in the rooms. Our guests are our top priority and hope you return with your family for years to come. Kids love the pool because of how big it is and I think the parents feel safe because of the gate we have around the pool and are able to relax and get some sun while the kids play. Come back and see us after the renovations are done. We would to have you stay with us again.
South Miami, Florida
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I have been going since 1997 every year to this place, easy access, friendly staff, great set up. Before I was going has a romantic get away, now we go has family destination.
I own a 21 foot ski nautique. They have a ramp on site, you have to drive a little far back to launch but I never had a problem, you can rinse the back of the car and your boat after you went to the salt water, they offer free access to tap water and a short hose. Also they have parking for your trailer, and a nice dock. The bay is perfect for water ski in the morning or when not to windy, my son 9 love to fish from the dock a small hook one bag of frozen shrimp keep him busy for a few hour! Me too to unhook the fish. LOL I love the suite facing the beach the apartment is spacious, clean and with 2 bedrooms that give us privacy at night, if want to. My daughter love the beach and the pool. You can snorkel from the dock or from the little cove they have. They great internet services, which is convenient to find what's going on, the weather the sea state, and of course the best restaurant and or bar close by. Nice size T.V. and good chose of program in case the weather do not comply with the statement sunshine state! Go there you wont be desapointed.

Room Tip: Apartment on the back for budget traveler (We did that in the early time) Bungalow are great too. My...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Kelly S, Manager at Atlantic Bay Resort, responded to this review, 20 October 2013
Atlantic Bay has been a hidden gem for so long. I don't think people realize the beauty and tranquility we have to offer here. Romantic getaways or family vacations can be accomodated here because of the way the resort is set up. We try not to bother the guests and only come in contact with them if we are stopping by to say hello or if they need something. We just went and purchased new TVs for every room. We will be adding more docks so that our boaters have more room to keep there boats during their stay.The renovations are already in play and I think everyone will be suprised when they see what an amazing transformation Atlantic Bay is getting. We love all of our guests and hope that you will return for many years to come......
Homosassa Springs, Florida
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Clean. Great location. Dock and Ramp on Site.! Pool. Beautiful View
Kelly and Ted were great and accomodating!

we really enjoyed our stay. we were out fishing each day. returned to swim. shower and head to dinner.

However you can cook in your room

WE WILL be back!

Room Tip: The Efficiency was way worth the money. ramp and dock included.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Kelly S, Manager at Atlantic Bay Resort, responded to this review, 13 October 2013
We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay at Atlantic Bay Resort. We provide free boat dockage and storage to our guests during their stay with us to show you how much we appreciate your business. Our cottages and efficiencies give you the option of cooking if you plan on staying on property or you can enjoy great local restaurants that are not far from the resort. We hope that you plan on returning soon so that you can enjoy the resort even more with the remodeling that has already began and should be completed soon.
Delray Beach, Florida
Reviewed 30 September 2013

This is now my second trip to Tavanier and the Atlantic Bay Resort. My first time here was under the new management of Ted and Kelly. Even during the hectic switch and transition they have been just the most understanding. Ive stayed in both the efficiencies and as well as the cottages and they are just fantastic. Basically like having a home/house feeling. Not some cheesy hotel room! I would recommended this resort to anyone looking for a relaxing and beautiful time.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank TeddyGrothe
Thank you for visiting us a second time. We are not like a chain hotel and are able to offer people a more personable experience during their stay. As I walked around the resort I noticed your family having a bbq, relaxing by the pool, and enjoying an amazing sunset. Atlantic Bay Resort is the perfect place to enjoy a quiet no hassle memory making vacation destination. We hope to see you again on your next trip.....
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tavernier
Playa Largo Resort & Spa, Autograph Collection
#5 of 19 in Islamorada
Dove Creek Lodge
Dove Creek Lodge
#7 of 20 in Key Largo

Been to Atlantic Bay Resort? Share your experiences!